all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 About Jeff's comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 3:51 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Peaches wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Peaches wrote:
He isn't Charlie Sheen, he's Jeff, just some guy on a reality show. I think they are protecting themselves, not Jeff.

In the past, I have made some mildly critical comments about Jeff and got jumped all over, and you were one of his staunchest defenders, Peaches. Now he screws up once and you are ready to write him off? Perhaps if he hadn't been up on such a pedestal in the first place, he wouldn't have fallen so far in your eyes.

I agree, he's just a regular guy, I have always seen him that way. Although a very, very hot regular guy.

And I don't think CBS is finished with him either.

I have never put him on a pedestal and I take offense to that comment. I have always been a fan of BOTH and I have always said BOTH have faults. IMO, he got a lot of slack for little things he did and I defended him because I thought a lot of that stuff was just plain silly.

Being cheap or acting like as ass is one thing, but this is something completely different. This is not the same thing that we usually talk about with Jeff. I have serious issues with what he said. I still like the guy and I don't want his entire life ruined because of this mess, but I have never been a fan that thinks he is perfect. He has many faults and I have always said he had faults.

I apologize for offending you Peaches. You were quite forceful in your earlier defence of Jeff over minor matters, as you say, and I'm just trying to understand why you are being equally as forceful in your condemnation now. And I don't mean to direct this just at you- others are being the same way. I hate homophobia in all its forms, but I can't just write Jeff off because he fucked up. He did apologize for it. I also find it ironic to be one defending him now when I was one of the few to criticize him in the past!

The incident with Jeff yesterday does not compare to the #cheapbastard debate, IMO. Most of us were completely treating that as a joke. I don't think anyone was treating this as a joke.

That being said, I don't think too many posters have completely written him off. I am very disappointed in him, sad for him, and wish that he had never said those things. Right now, cheering for him to win feels weird to me.
I never EVER thought he was perfect. I never EVER thought he was some shining example of intellect. But some people need to work out their feelings through processing them in posts, and they need to be allowed to do that. A lot of people will be less upset in a few days, and some people will be more upset.

The media involvement doesn't help, and it misconstrues the actual situation because the headlines sometimes do not match the situation.

THIS times 1000!!! tens tens tens
Back to top Go down
MisguidedAngel
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1087
Location : @AUgradAmy in Nashville
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 3:52 pm

Gimme wrote:
... I dont feel he deserves being stoned or quarantined. I will hold out hope that someone will be willing to have a discussion with him & he will be willing to listen. Hope always lives & people never stop learning... especially from their mistakes*



This is exactly how I'm feeling today.

I don't agree with whatever point Jeff was trying to make, and I especially did not like the way he lost his temper so quickly. It was very disappointing. However, I find just as disturbing the efforts of some (not here) to ruin him on the outside. Jeff made a colossally dumb decision to even "go there" in the first place. He'll have to deal with the consequences, and hopefully he'll learn from this experience.






Back to top Go down
stones
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1045
Location : New Mexico
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:06 pm

I think everyone has done or said something that they truely regret. Fortunately, they don't say it on live feeds and they don't have a vindictive someone tweeting about it. Jeff screwed up....big time. This is one incident. Many people that have met Jeff talk about what a nice, kind, good hearted person he is. I hope this will soon be resolved and Jeff will get to answer his critics.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:11 pm

stones wrote:
I think everyone has done or said something that they truely regret. Fortunately, they don't say it on live feeds and they don't have a vindictive someone tweeting about it. Jeff screwed up....big time. This is one incident. Many people that have met Jeff talk about what a nice, kind, good hearted person he is. I hope this will soon be resolved and Jeff will get to answer his critics.

I've met Jeff and my opinions still stand.

For the record, you can be an otherwise nice, good, kind hearted person but still have opinions or beliefs that are repulsive and belong in the 1920s.
Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:18 pm

The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2919
Location : Sunny, South Carolina
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:20 pm

karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

_________________
Immature love SAYS I love you, Mature love SHOWS it-RevRun
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:22 pm

nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

Obviously it was a big enough controversy that it needed to be addressed. Imagine if they didnt, people would think CBS just let it slide. But I don't think CBS will throw Jeff away- love him or hate him he is gonna give CBS ratings...(especially now).
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:23 pm

I would hope to see Jeff take a step back from reality tv once the show is over.
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:26 pm

Peaches wrote:
I would hope to see Jeff take a step back from reality tv once the show is over.

I think that's his only option. Where else would he go? I don't see him aspiring to be on another reality television show.
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1925
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:26 pm

Yeah, I didn't think he was actually going to break into show biz before this happened and I doubt it even more now. Has a reality TV start ever really made something of themselves outside of internet shows?

He should just move to Charlotte, find a job he likes, and date Jordan.

I've been in a long distance relationship and either ONE or BOTH of them have to make the commitment and sacrifice to move for the relationship.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:29 pm

Not for nothing, Jordan said on the feeds the other day that her Mom didn't want them to come back on. She told Jordan she had a bad feeling about it.

_________________
_________________________
http://creativelapses.tumblr.com/
www.creativelapses.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous


Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:31 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
daisygrl wrote:
Boy, just one night away from the computer and all h*ll breaks loose! My take on what Jeff was saying very badly was perhaps the headmaster being "locked away on a magical island" part, with no outlet for his gay orientation except his young male students, is an "evil" idea to plant in a children's book. Brings to mind the awful truth being revealed of Catholic priests being locked into their vow of celibacy and turning to molesting the altar boys. I don't think Jeff has anything against gay teachers being around children in a normal world where they can maintain adult relationships just like straight teachers can. But to lock the whole kaboodle on an island gives it a creepy tone, unnecessary in a children's book. I have relatives who "talk loud" when they get on a roll with their opinion. They say they mean nothing by it, but it is hurtful when you're on the other side of their rant.

Don't know what to say. There is so much wrong in this post I can't even respond.

I can. Daisygirl you have grave misinformation. I suggest you do some research to learn the facts about sexuality.
The following is an initial primer for you.

Pedophiles are deviants, they have a vile mental deficiency.
Gays and Lesbians have the same sex drives as Heterosexuals (which vary according to the individual)

Are you worried that if you your friends can't have sex they will attack a child? I would guess your answer is "of course not!" Then you need to understand that is the same answer for gays and lesbians.

Pedophilia is rape.
Rape has nothing to do with sex. NOTHING, rape is a most violent crime that happens to be personal and private and very damaging.

People, whether they like men or women or both, can exist without sex.




KayS wrote:
Ragan did have a very good blog.

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/



Thank you Memphy for saying what I could not put into words

And if it were in my power I would make Ragan's blog required reading.



Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2919
Location : Sunny, South Carolina
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:33 pm

CookieCutter123 wrote:
nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

Obviously it was a big enough controversy that it needed to be addressed. Imagine if they didnt, people would think CBS just let it slide. But I don't think CBS will throw Jeff away- love him or hate him he is gonna give CBS ratings...(especially now).

EXACTLY, good or bad the rating will be up!

_________________
Immature love SAYS I love you, Mature love SHOWS it-RevRun
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2919
Location : Sunny, South Carolina
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:34 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Not for nothing, Jordan said on the feeds the other day that her Mom didn't want them to come back on. She told Jordan she had a bad feeling about it.

Yes, she did but money talks......

_________________
Immature love SAYS I love you, Mature love SHOWS it-RevRun
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:38 pm

CookieCutter123 wrote:
Peaches wrote:
I would hope to see Jeff take a step back from reality tv once the show is over.

I think that's his only option. Where else would he go? I don't see him aspiring to be on another reality television show.

I do not think that Jeff's reality tv career is over at all. Evel Dick has said far worse things than this one outburst from Jeff. And he has already apologized for it.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:39 pm

Schooner wrote:
I agree there should be acceptance and tolerance of all. This needs to go both ways.

What does this mean? I don't want to put you on the spot, but have heard it a few times today and am not sure I get it.
Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:43 pm

nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

They don't have to do anything, but the fact they did shows them distancing themselves from Jeff/from what he said.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2919
Location : Sunny, South Carolina
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:44 pm

karenkns wrote:
nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

They don't have to do anything, but the fact they did shows them distancing themselves from Jeff/from what he said.

OK, but we will see....That's their standard statement......

_________________
Immature love SAYS I love you, Mature love SHOWS it-RevRun
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:46 pm

karenkns wrote:
nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

They don't have to do anything, but the fact they did shows them distancing themselves from Jeff/from what he said.

I disagree. It was a typical statement. We will know what they think of Jeff next week. Aka the editing of the show.


Back to top Go down
gmtbb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 3733
Location : NY
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:50 pm

karenkns wrote:
nov1962 wrote:
karenkns wrote:
The fact CBS had to issue a statement at all, is not good.

They had to.....

They don't have to do anything, but the fact they did shows them distancing themselves from Jeff/from what he said.


It's not distancing from Jeff... it's called saving your own ass. This info was put out into the mainstream outlets thanks to TV Guide, TMZ, etc. CBS had to say something to protect themselves from criticism. If they remained silent many would say that CBS agreed with what Jeff said and they would receive flak from tons of organizations, risk hurting their public image, reputation, blah blah blah.

If they wanted to distance themselves from Jeff they could easily get rid of him.
Back to top Go down
http://thecornertv.wordpress.com/
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household


Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:56 pm

Bryanna wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
Daliana wrote:
Who else did he upset in the house? I have barely seen anybody mention it and if they did, they said they understood what Jeff was saying.

Including KALIA.

And no you didn't have to be in the house to be upset by Jeff's outburst (clearly), but it's not his fault the apology wasn't on the feeds. I like to work with facts, not assumptions. Kalia clearly said they misunderstood each other, and that everything was fine. She clearly does not hold it against him. Those are the facts. Does Jeff think all gays are pedophiles? I don't know because he didn't say that. That is an assumption. Does Jeff love gay people and is all for equality, but doesn't think that a kids book is the appropriate place to tackle gay stereotypes? I don't know that either. But to me (and many, many other liberal, well adjusted, pro gay rights people) it is just as much of a possibility as the first theory.

The plain and simple of it for me is that Jeff fucked up. But does he deserve to be burned at the stake before he can explain himself? Or without knowing all the facts before convicting him? Absolutely not IMO. I choose to believe (based on the facts we have been given in the last few years) the Jeff is a kind man, who would never intentionally hurt other kind hearted people. He has many gays friends that we are all aware of, that speaks volumes to me,

Did I say it was his fault it wasn't on the feeds? People are so defensive of this guy that they're not even reading what I'm saying. I said it should've been shown on the feeds because Kalia was not the only person upset by it. Like you said, Kalia is okay now and she said they misunderstood each other. But she got to HEAR his apology. I wanted to hear it so I could judge for myself based off of what he said and how sincere it was. Period. I didn't say it was somehow his fault it wasn't on the feeds, nor did I say anyone in the house was upset (although to be fair, not everyone in the house was in the room and Dani did look uncomfortable). If we're expected to "forgive" Jeff because he apologized, then we should've seen his apology. Like you, I work off of facts and what I see and hear for myself. It's not enough for me to hear that Jeff apologized. To be honest, it's not even fair to Jeff that they didn't show it. They show the outburst and not the apology? I'd be pissed if that happened to me.
My guess is that the apology might be shown on the show since it's received such wide publicity.

Jeff was not right in his remarks. I am not a fan of Jeff, and have said that more than once, but it was a knee jerk reaction with little background on the subject of Harry Potter. I mentioned in another post there was little sexuality in the books, and Jeff is probably a non-reader of them. His assumption probably was that Dumbledore was overtly sexual, and like many people, jumped to an incredibly wrong conclusion. Was Jeff wrong? Absolutely. But I'm going to be the first to say I've stuck my foot in my mouth on occasion and am happy that a dozen cameras didn't forever immortalize it.
Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:59 pm

Lots of BB stuff are put on normal outlets. Jeff's 2009 words were reported too, no statement from CBS then.

They are distancing from his statement by saying the statement. Now Jeff's a liability to CBS for future stuff because of this.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:07 pm

karenkns wrote:
Lots of BB stuff are put on normal outlets. Jeff's 2009 words were reported too, no statement from CBS then.

They are distancing from his statement by saying the statement. Now Jeff's a liability to CBS for future stuff because of this.

Jeff's previous statements weren't posted at various media outlets like last night's were.
Back to top Go down
daisygrl

avatar

Number of posts : 53
Location : Chicagoland
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:07 pm

Okay, I stand corrected! I only read the first 2 Harry Potter books, so I myself do not know from which I speak. Sitting in the dunce seat next to Jeff! Did not mean to offend anyone. I'll go back to my usual lurker status.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:09 pm

I was so excited when I discovered this thread a few minutes ago, and it seems like people have responded without reading what she said. She said intolerance is not accepted at AABB. I hear a lot of "yes, but......"
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:11 pm

kmjm wrote:
karenkns wrote:
Lots of BB stuff are put on normal outlets. Jeff's 2009 words were reported too, no statement from CBS then.

They are distancing from his statement by saying the statement. Now Jeff's a liability to CBS for future stuff because of this.

Jeff's previous statements weren't posted at various media outlets like last night's were.

Actually, for a while, if you Googled Jeff's name, articles about the previous incident were right at the top.

_________________
_________________________
http://creativelapses.tumblr.com/
www.creativelapses.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:15 pm

Moody wrote:
I was so excited when I discovered this thread a few minutes ago, and it seems like people have responded without reading what she said. She said intolerance is not accepted at AABB. I hear a lot of "yes, but......"


I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon


Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:18 pm

scottep_32 wrote:

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/

Please read Ragan's response. He is an amazing man and my admiration continues to deepen.

**snip**

Before people grab pitchforks, give Jeff an opportunity to defend himself. I think Jeff is a guy with a few fd-up thoughts about gay men and women but is, at his core, a good, friendly guy. Everyone, breathe. Jeff is not the problem. The cultural institutions that inform his mindset are what we should fear and fight.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous


Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:21 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
This is life in the limelight. Jeff would be the first to admit, I think, that he threw a stone and that you get what you get when you do that. I have no doubt that while he may not understand why he was wrong, he knows he was wrong and will accept the consequences like a man.

Martin Luther King had it right when he wrote in a letter from the Birmingham jail:

Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood.

he also said this:

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false
and the false with the true.


http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/



2 of the top things I have read today.

and Dumbledore is gay, his creator(JKR) made him that way.
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1925
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:22 pm

Moody, Nancy said ignorance and bigotry is not tolerated at AABB. She then said we are allowed to post in this thread. I haven't seen any bigotry in here, just people expressing their opinions on the matter. I personally wish we could all drop it. beat a dead horse
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon


Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:43 pm

speedy0103 wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
daisygrl wrote:
Boy, just one night away from the computer and all h*ll breaks loose! My take on what Jeff was saying very badly was perhaps the headmaster being "locked away on a magical island" part, with no outlet for his gay orientation except his young male students, is an "evil" idea to plant in a children's book. Brings to mind the awful truth being revealed of Catholic priests being locked into their vow of celibacy and turning to molesting the altar boys. I don't think Jeff has anything against gay teachers being around children in a normal world where they can maintain adult relationships just like straight teachers can. But to lock the whole kaboodle on an island gives it a creepy tone, unnecessary in a children's book. I have relatives who "talk loud" when they get on a roll with their opinion. They say they mean nothing by it, but it is hurtful when you're on the other side of their rant.

Don't know what to say. There is so much wrong in this post I can't even respond.

I can. Daisygirl you have grave misinformation. I suggest you do some research to learn the facts about sexuality.

The following is an initial primer for you.

Pedophiles are deviants, they have a vile mental deficiency.

Gays and Lesbians have the same sex drives as Heterosexuals (which vary according to the individual)

Are you worried that if you your friends can't have sex they will attack a child? I would guess your answer is "of course not!" Then you need to understand that is the same answer for gays and lesbians.


Pedophilia is rape.
Rape has nothing to do with sex. NOTHING, rape is a most violent crime that happens to be personal and private and very damaging.

People, whether they like men or women or both, can exist without sex.



Thank you for saying what I've been sitting here trying to say for almost an hour. tens

Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 25133
Location : Beautiful state of Texas
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:52 pm

antmuggz Anthony M
it really saddens me how my cousin is getting viewed as an anti-gay star #JEFF #BB13 he has always been supportive of me #LGBT
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:55 pm

http://glaadblog.org/2011/07/13/cbs-response-to-big-brother-incident-is-inadequate/

Go to the link for the entire response. This is just a small part.

Quote :
GLAAD had the opportunity to meet with CBS in June to discuss their already shaky track record in regard to LGBT representation on their scripted programming. During that meeting, the network expressed their previously stated intention to improve their programming in this regard, and they can certainly demonstrate that intention by never including Jeff Schroeder on another of their reality programs.


Back to top Go down
spclone39

avatar

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:55 pm

boots wrote:
I personally wish we could all drop it.


I agree Boots...I mean Jeff and Kalia are friends and having fun on the live feeds... it's all good

_________________
Beth
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:02 pm

I don't want it to sound like I am making excuses for him because I'm not. From my posts you should you know I am not over this yet, but it seems like Jeff is becoming the scapegoat here. Cassi just the other day said the f word and no one has said a word. Do we need a list of the things that have been said in the house and I have never seen this kind of uproar. I'm probably not saying this right because my thoughts are all muddled right now........
Back to top Go down
Wendi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4131
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:03 pm

KayS wrote:
antmuggz Anthony M
it really saddens me how my cousin is getting viewed as an anti-gay star #JEFF #BB13 he has always been supportive of me #LGBT
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Aw!

His poor Ma must be crashed.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:08 pm

Peaches wrote:
http://glaadblog.org/2011/07/13/cbs-response-to-big-brother-incident-is-inadequate/

Go to the link for the entire response. This is just a small part.

Quote :
GLAAD had the opportunity to meet with CBS in June to discuss their already shaky track record in regard to LGBT representation on their scripted programming. During that meeting, the network expressed their previously stated intention to improve their programming in this regard, and they can certainly demonstrate that intention by never including Jeff Schroeder on another of their reality programs.



This is GLADD's statement, not CBS. But maybe you're right and Jeff's career is screwed. I certainly hope that isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:09 pm

Wendi wrote:
KayS wrote:
antmuggz Anthony M
it really saddens me how my cousin is getting viewed as an anti-gay star #JEFF #BB13 he has always been supportive of me #LGBT
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Aw!

His poor Ma must be crashed.

She must be devastated right now knowing what is happening. Sad situation all around.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:12 pm

kmjm wrote:
Peaches wrote:
http://glaadblog.org/2011/07/13/cbs-response-to-big-brother-incident-is-inadequate/

Go to the link for the entire response. This is just a small part.

Quote :
GLAAD had the opportunity to meet with CBS in June to discuss their already shaky track record in regard to LGBT representation on their scripted programming. During that meeting, the network expressed their previously stated intention to improve their programming in this regard, and they can certainly demonstrate that intention by never including Jeff Schroeder on another of their reality programs.



This is GLADD's statement, not CBS. But maybe you're right and Jeff's career is screwed. I certainly hope that isn't true.

I think it is true. I'm sure Lydia and her crew will be very happy about this new development. At least someone is happy. I do feel sorry for his family and friends though. I wonder if the DR will tell him anything? He can't come out of the house not knowing he is public enemy number one now.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2882
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:14 pm

I think what bothers me most is that he does not have the chance to comment! instead people want to run with it.

_________________
Nobody gets to live life backwards. Look ahead, that is where your future lies~Ann Landers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   

Back to top Go down
 
About Jeff's comments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: