Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:11 pm

Lydia probably doesn't give a flying fuck about the issue. She is overjoyed Jeff said it. She is still upset Jeff got Coup d' tat and that they talked about her on the feeds. If this was anyone but Jeff I have a feeling that her anger would be less. Now she may be upset about what he did say, but I still hold my belief that she is super happy it was Jeff, America's "golden boy".
Back to top Go down
jessicajules
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:15 pm

Peaches wrote:
jessicajules wrote:
Peaches wrote:
I don't read Lydia's twitter but is she the one sending it everywhere? I read she was the one sending it to Andy on Bravo? Is this true?

She did send it to Bravo for sure.

I know I've said this before, but I feel like Lydia and them don't ACTUALLY care about the issue as much as they do destroying Jeff. They're getting off on it. Like, hi, let's combat hate with MORE hate!!

Wow. I agree, it isn't about what he said with certain people, it is because it was Jeff who said it. I just can't believe how much hate Lydia has for him. He tried to stay friendly with her after the show. I also agree with what you said in another thread, they (only certain ones, not all of them) have been waiting for two years to get at him.

Yeah, exactly. You know in this situation Jeff is really the variable. For me, I didn't react with anger to his comments because I feel like that was not his intention. If say...Adam had said the same thing I may have reacted differently because I don't know him at all. But I also try to give the benefit of the doubt in these types of situations because calling someone a homophobe is a very serious accusation, IMO. For the BB11ers, they were already bitter and hated Jeff for whatever reason. I don't doubt they would have expressed outrage if it hadn't been Jeff who said it, but I don't think it would be to the same extent.

Basically I feel like some people may be using the LGBT equality/pride stand to secretly promote their own hate. I don't like that.

Proud graduate of the Jeff School of Punctuation, class of '10.

"Wassup Shelly? Imma grab my junk."
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:16 pm

Peaches wrote:
jessicajules wrote:
Peaches wrote:
I don't read Lydia's twitter but is she the one sending it everywhere? I read she was the one sending it to Andy on Bravo? Is this true?

She did send it to Bravo for sure.

I know I've said this before, but I feel like Lydia and them don't ACTUALLY care about the issue as much as they do destroying Jeff. They're getting off on it. Like, hi, let's combat hate with MORE hate!!

Wow. I agree, it isn't about what he said with certain people, it is because it was Jeff who said it. I just can't believe how much hate Lydia has for him. He tried to stay friendly with her after the show. I also agree with what you said in another thread, they (only certain ones, not all of them) have been waiting for two years to get at him.

You both hit the nail on the head for me in terms of past HG's motivations. Lydia (as seen on the feeds) is emotionally unstable. I was much more concerned about her choices on the show than I am about Jeff. (Thinking about cutting herself over a guy she'd known less than a month?). I'm not trying to excuse Jeff, but these people need to STFU.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:21 pm

Jeff's comments were wrong along with his reaction to Kalia. He should apologize for the way he handled himself towards her. BTW, I hope he doesn't treat Jordan in the same manner when they get into a disagreement.

I agree with the suggestions that Jeff needs some education on "being gay". He needs to realize that just because you're gay, doesn't mean you are a pedophile.

I also agree there is no way to misinterpret what he said, no matter how many ways you look at it. Call it ignorance or a lack of education on the subject, but it is what it is. Jeff was pretty clear with his opinion.

I think Kalia has moved on but I'm sure she hasn't forgotten. She didn't deserve to be attacked when they were just 2 people having a discussion.

I have waited to see some show of remorse from Jeff for the outrageous way he acted, but I haven't seen it yet. The fact that he wanted Jordan to smooth things over for him with Kalia is also upsetting. If he would just own up to what he said and how he acted, I would be able to feel alot better about the situation.

I haven't been watching the feeds so maybe I missed something?
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:23 pm

This is life in the limelight. Jeff would be the first to admit, I think, that he threw a stone and that you get what you get when you do that. I have no doubt that while he may not understand why he was wrong, he knows he was wrong and will accept the consequences like a man.

Martin Luther King had it right when he wrote in a letter from the Birmingham jail:

Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood.

he also said this:

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false
and the false with the true.

Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:30 pm

KelliM wrote:
Jeff's comments were wrong along with his reaction to Kalia. He should apologize for the way he handled himself towards her. BTW, I hope he doesn't treat Jordan in the same manner when they get into a disagreement.

I agree with the suggestions that Jeff needs some education on "being gay". He needs to realize that just because you're gay, doesn't mean you are a pedophile.

I also agree there is no way to misinterpret what he said, no matter how many ways you look at it. Call it ignorance or a lack of education on the subject, but it is what it is. Jeff was pretty clear with his opinion.

I think Kalia has moved on but I'm sure she hasn't forgotten. She didn't deserve to be attacked when they were just 2 people having a discussion.

I have waited to see some show of remorse from Jeff for the outrageous way he acted, but I haven't seen it yet. The fact that he wanted Jordan to smooth things over for him with Kalia is also upsetting. If he would just own up to what he said and how he acted, I would be able to feel alot better about the situation.

I have given my thoughts repeatedly, so I wont bore anyone with them again. But in regards to the bolded, Jeff did apologize to Kalia, and she told Lawon that they both misunderstood each other. Kalia seems to be totally fine with the situation and Jeff, and has even been seeking him out to talk with.

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:35 pm

It's even possible that Jeff has been a victim of abuse himself and that is why his reaction was so vehement. I still like Jeff, don't think sexuality has much place in children's books, and agree that I get so sick of our pc culture. I find the use of the "c" word used by Cassie and others in the past extremely offensive and I have a far more visceral reaction to that slur. I don't think Jeff will be forever scarred by this incident by any means.
Back to top Go down
daisygrl

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:39 pm

Boy, just one night away from the computer and all h*ll breaks loose! My take on what Jeff was saying very badly was perhaps the headmaster being "locked away on a magical island" part, with no outlet for his gay orientation except his young male students, is an "evil" idea to plant in a children's book. Brings to mind the awful truth being revealed of Catholic priests being locked into their vow of celibacy and turning to molesting the altar boys. I don't think Jeff has anything against gay teachers being around children in a normal world where they can maintain adult relationships just like straight teachers can. But to lock the whole kaboodle on an island gives it a creepy tone, unnecessary in a children's book. I have relatives who "talk loud" when they get on a roll with their opinion. They say they mean nothing by it, but it is hurtful when you're on the other side of their rant.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:39 pm

I'm hoping that there is more people in his life that are willing to talk to Jeff about the issue and how he was ignorant, than hate him for saying what he did. That's why i appreciate when Casey said that he will be giving Jeff a good talking to.
Back to top Go down
nursecarrie
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:43 pm

Daliana wrote:
As for Jeff, he apologized to Kalia and she accepted it. Time to move on....I guess I don't see the big deal and think people are making it a bigger deal than it will become. I think the media will forget about it by tomorrow morning. Jeff may get some questions about what he said when he gets out and he'll have to find a better way to say what he meant at that time if he in fact meant to say something different than what he said. I don't think it will be addressed on the show unless Jeff was able to explain what he meant in the DR.

I agree with this. I was just re-reading the transcript that was posted here of what was said. After seeing it in print, I had a totally different take on what Jeff may have been trying to say. I'm going to repost it in order to point out what stood out to me.

Quote :
Jeff - that perverted, he didn't have any gay tendencies.
Kalia - maybe that's why they did it for people like you who sterotype.
Jeff - what about sterotypes of gay people, he's in a school with kids, you don't want to make that guy gay.
Kalia says why?
Jeff - he doesn't think it's good to have a little kids book and have a head master locked away in a magical land be gay.
Kalia - why not?
Jeff - he knows her PC view and she knows what he's saying so don't make it seem you are doing the right thing. You're going to let a storybook of where they go away to fantasy camp and the guy is gay? All little kids without their parents.
Kalia - just because he's gay doesn't mean anything is wrong with him.
Jeff - (really pissed) get the fuck out of here, don't start with that shit. Don't tell me the right answer for fucking TV
Kalia - I'm not! You want to know why, because my sister is gay.
Jeff - I don't give a fuck that your little sister is gay, think about what it is.
Kalia - I truly don't understand why he would be bad.
Jeff - You don't understand? well I don't understand either. You're, you're right, I don't want to talk about it then.

One thing that I think is being forgotten in all this is that they were talking about a fictional character in a children's book. Not a teacher at his niece's school. It's very possible that he was trying to argue that it was not the right sort of content for a children's book. Sexual preference is, for the most part, a fairly adult theme.

When he first says "what about stereotypes of gay people, he's in a school with kids, you don't want to make that guy gay"...I live in Oklahoma. Smack dab in the middle of the bible belt. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are a lot of people that would not allow their children to read HP if they knew there was a possibility that DD was written as a gay character. There are members of my own family that think just like that. His use of the word "stereotypes" does fall in line with what was mentioned about Catholics & the bad flack from the sexual molestation cases that have been happening.

She then questions him saying why not, which is where he starts getting really mad and responds with the comment about her "PC view". He was talking in terms of content for a fictional children's book & he may have felt that she was turning it into a debate on his & her personal beliefs on whether a gay man should be a teacher or not. After the flack he took after BB11 & the word he used he didn't to want go back to that place again. That's what his anger was about. She persisted with her next line "just because he's gay doesn't mean anything is wrong with him" That's what got him really pissed. After he just told her not to turn a conversation about a fictional character in a children's book into a debate about being gay, she continued. At that point he lost his temper because he knew she had pushed him into a corner. If you read on from there & look at it from this perspective you can see it. In fact, he even mentioned being pushed in a corner when Brenden came back in the room a little later & brought it up.

You could see a change in his demeanor for the rest of the night. You could tell he was worrying about it. He knew that everything that was said was going to be completely misunderstood & the shitstorm that would probably come of it. He's been through it before. I just feel bad because he's not out where he can defend himself. He has everyone trying & convicting him without even being given a chance to explain. Now, if he was to come out & say that he thought all gay men were pedophiles & shouldn't be allowed around children, then yeah. Someone needs to educate him. But, I'm willing to give him a chance to explain first. He's friends with too many people who are gay for me to automatically believe that that's how he feels. I don't think he would be friends with them if he did. And the suggestion that there's no way out of it or way to redeem himself may, sadly, be true. It doesn't seem that there are enough people that are willing to give him a chance to explain.

Sorry for the long post. But, I've been mulling over this all day.
Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:48 pm

As far as Lydia and the others go, it's sad to see. But they have been treated badly by some not all of Jeff and Jordan's fans. Hard to be on a season with a super well loved housemate. Remember the friendship and Janelle? But BB11 has it worse because there is such quick interaction between fans and houseguests these days. I have seen some of the things tweeted to Ronnie, Michele and Lydia by JJ fans. I have seen them ask why should they have not tried to win the season, or were they just expected to lie down and let JJ walk all over them because fans loved them? I have already seen tweets that say anyone who is mad about what Jeff said is just a HATER. I really dislike that word.

Just what I have seen, no offense meant to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35498
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:50 pm

daisygrl wrote:
Boy, just one night away from the computer and all h*ll breaks loose! My take on what Jeff was saying very badly was perhaps the headmaster being "locked away on a magical island" part, with no outlet for his gay orientation except his young male students, is an "evil" idea to plant in a children's book. Brings to mind the awful truth being revealed of Catholic priests being locked into their vow of celibacy and turning to molesting the altar boys. I don't think Jeff has anything against gay teachers being around children in a normal world where they can maintain adult relationships just like straight teachers can. But to lock the whole kaboodle on an island gives it a creepy tone, unnecessary in a children's book. I have relatives who "talk loud" when they get on a roll with their opinion. They say they mean nothing by it, but it is hurtful when you're on the other side of their rant.

Don't know what to say. There is so much wrong in this post I can't even respond.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:50 pm

Re: Chima, Lydia, Michelle, Ronnie, and the rest of those idiots - this is why Jordeff was smart to stay away from all the reality events, especially the ones in LA and Vegas. Jordeff doesn't want to deal with the bitter jealous losers. It's just like how Romber avoids most reality events now - don't hafta deal with Lex and Kathy and Big Tom, etc.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:57 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
Jeff's been followed pretty closely in the last few years. And he's been on live feeds in two BB seasons. The only other homophobic comments we've seen from Jeff was when he used the F-slur on BB11. He caught some crap for that and deservedly so. Well, Cassi used the F-slur this season. And didn't catch NEARLY the heat that Jeff did on BB11. Why ? I dunno, maybe it's because Cassi is so pretty and smart. {shrug}

Speaking of slurs, someone reminded me - didn't Kalia use the "Uncle Tom" slur against Keith earlier this week? I guess it's possible for anyone and everyone to snap while in the pressure cooker that is the BB house.

Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:59 pm

What Jeff said was wrong. It's hard to imagine that he hasn't had at least one gay friend who could help him with his stereotypes. He definitely needs some education on the subject. It sounds like he will get plenty when he gets out of the house.

I hate to bring this up, but I have also heard Jeff use the "retard" and "retarded" words a few times already this season. Makes me cringe.

Last edited by sweetpeatx on July 13th 2011, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:59 pm

daisygrl wrote:

Oh my.... zip a lip
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:00 pm

daisygrl wrote:

I'm a straight man and when i was a young teen i went to camp and there was a lot of girls and i didn't molest any of them.....not that they would have let me anyway
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:00 pm

Nurse Carrie - I think your post was excellent. Very well thought out.

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:05 pm

I feel bad for Jeff's ignorance. I'm still dismayed and amazed.
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:06 pm

sweetpeatx wrote:
What Jeff said was wrong. It's hard to imagine that he hasn't had at least one gay friend who could help him with his stereotypes. He definitely needs some education on the subject. It sounds like he will get plenty when he gets out of the house.

I hate to bring this up, but I have also heard Jeff use the "retard" and "retarded" words a few times already this season. Makes me cringe.

He isn't the only one that uses the word retard. That word is very frequently used in the BB house. The other day Jordan caught herself before saying it, but Dani says is a lot.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:06 pm

KayS wrote:
As far as Lydia and the others go, it's sad to see. But they have been treated badly by some not all of Jeff and Jordan's fans. Hard to be on a season with a super well loved housemate. Remember the friendship and Janelle? But BB11 has it worse because there is such quick interaction between fans and houseguests these days. I have seen some of the things tweeted to Ronnie, Michele and Lydia by JJ fans. I have seen them ask why should they have not tried to win the season, or were they just expected to lie down and let JJ walk all over them because fans loved them? I have already seen tweets that say anyone who is mad about what Jeff said is just a HATER. I really dislike that word.

Well I understand how they would get frustrated with the fans but to take out your aggressions on Jeff and Jordan, shows a real lack of maturity, I have not seen the J's attack any of them.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:07 pm

Now that Jeff has done something a lot of people may find offensive, the former HG's with chips on their shoulders are going to grab it and run with it, spreading it everywhere on the internet. I'm sure they are gleeful that this may ruin Jeff's chances of getting favorite HG this season, because they would blow a gasket if they had to see that happen again.
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:08 pm

I think favorite HG this year is now between Jordan and Dani.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:10 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
Oowatanite wrote:
Jeff's been followed pretty closely in the last few years. And he's been on live feeds in two BB seasons. The only other homophobic comments we've seen from Jeff was when he used the F-slur on BB11. He caught some crap for that and deservedly so. Well, Cassi used the F-slur this season. And didn't catch NEARLY the heat that Jeff did on BB11. Why ? I dunno, maybe it's because Cassi is so pretty and smart. {shrug}

Speaking of slurs, someone reminded me - didn't Kalia use the "Uncle Tom" slur against Keith earlier this week? I guess it's possible for anyone and everyone to snap while in the pressure cooker that is the BB house.

What does that mean?

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1403

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:10 pm

A black man who favors white people over black people more or less.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:13 pm

CookieCutter123 wrote:

I think it's way too early to tell.

Last edited by blondie55 on July 13th 2011, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:13 pm

KayS wrote:

I completely disagree. My like or dislike of Lydia has nothing to do with JJ. From what I have seen in the past, most houseguests get over the issues they had in the house, (ie Rachel/Ragan) and become somewhat friends. Lydia, Ronnie and Chima have bahed the JJs since their season.

I think Nursecarrie wrote a wonderful post, I've got to stop coming in here and reading twitter, its just pissing me off. I think there are so many out there that just don't get the "JJ love" and have been waiting for this day.

I want to make this perfectly clear, Jeff was wrong in how he worded his comment. Also, although I am entertained by the JJs , if they went away tomorrow, I probably wouldn't miss them. To me they are just two regular, normal, everyday people, NOT celebrities, therefore not held up to that standard.

Last edited by blueeyed on July 13th 2011, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
dmj
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:14 pm

I met Jeff in a gay bar. He was hosting a charity auction for the Aids Foundation. I saw him interact with everyone there, gay or straight, and not once did he show a bit of difference in how he treated them. He played it up with the drag queen co-host. He did his best to get the most money for each bachelor/bachelorette that would help the Foundation. He took pictures with whoever wanted him to, throwing his arm around them. The man who was in charge of the event (who was gay) told us before Jeff got there how much he loved Jeff for agreeing to do this and how fantastic a person he was. The event had to be rescheduled due to weather and he said Jeff was great about it and said whenever it was he would be there. He said of course he's getting paid to be here but that Jeff had been so open to whatever they wanted him to do because Jeff said it was all about the charity. When Jeff got there he greeted Dave with a big hug and they talked like old friends. So I can say from these personal observations Jeff is not homophobic.
I have like Jeff all along. Have I agreed with everything he's ever said? No. Listen, I was ready to pinch his head off after the POV and hearing how he apparently yelled at Jordan and his constant complaining about her pms crabiness. And there have been times when I've thought, "Jeff you're an idiot". But I still like him because I think for the most part he's a great, funny guy who entertains me. And I know I'm not above sticking my foot in my mouth sometimes and having to apologize when I realize it.
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:16 pm

blondie55 wrote:
CookieCutter123 wrote:

So far though, things may change. Depending what's shown on TV. Shelly even has a chance IMO!
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:17 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
daisygrl wrote:

Don't know what to say. There is so much wrong in this post I can't even respond.

I can. Daisygirl you have grave misinformation. I suggest you do some research to learn the facts about sexuality.

The following is an initial primer for you.

Pedophiles are deviants, they have a vile mental deficiency.

Gays and Lesbians have the same sex drives as Heterosexuals (which vary according to the individual)

Are you worried that if you your friends can't have sex they will attack a child? I would guess your answer is "of course not!" Then you need to understand that is the same answer for gays and lesbians.

Pedophilia is rape.
Rape has nothing to do with sex. NOTHING, rape is a most violent crime that happens to be personal and private and very damaging.

People, whether they like men or women or both, can exist without sex.

Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:18 pm

CookieCutter123 wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
CookieCutter123 wrote:

So far though, things may change. Depending what's shown on TV. Shelly even has a chance IMO!

I think Jeff and Dom stand a chance too.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:21 pm

FighttheFoo wrote:

Thanks! I've never heard that term before.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:22 pm

dmj wrote:
I met Jeff in a gay bar. He was hosting a charity auction for the Aids Foundation. I saw him interact with everyone there, gay or straight, and not once did he show a bit of difference in how he treated them. He played it up with the drag queen co-host. He did his best to get the most money for each bachelor/bachelorette that would help the Foundation. He took pictures with whoever wanted him to, throwing his arm around them. The man who was in charge of the event (who was gay) told us before Jeff got there how much he loved Jeff for agreeing to do this and how fantastic a person he was. The event had to be rescheduled due to weather and he said Jeff was great about it and said whenever it was he would be there. He said of course he's getting paid to be here but that Jeff had been so open to whatever they wanted him to do because Jeff said it was all about the charity. When Jeff got there he greeted Dave with a big hug and they talked like old friends. So I can say from these personal observations Jeff is not homophobic.
I have like Jeff all along. Have I agreed with everything he's ever said? No. Listen, I was ready to pinch his head off after the POV and hearing how he apparently yelled at Jordan and his constant complaining about her pms crabiness. And there have been times when I've thought, "Jeff you're an idiot". But I still like him because I think for the most part he's a great, funny guy who entertains me. And I know I'm not above sticking my foot in my mouth sometimes and having to apologize when I realize it.

Thank you for sharing. Jeff certainly isn't perfect, but he's not a homophobe. IMO.

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:24 pm

KelliM wrote:

HE did , but they didn't show us.
They showed us him and kalia leaving the room, then them practicing gold, Jeff telling Brendon he apologized and told Kalia she was right, and then Kalia told Lawon they had an argument but Jeff came to her and apologized...

Kalia hasnt mentioned it to anyone. I am sure, she will bring this up later, but right now, she probably doesnt want Lawon upset with Jeff and then the vets voting her out if they get power.

Suz730
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:26 pm

I think that if Kalia can accept the apology ... then all the fans should be able to accept it to! Jeff is just Jeff and that is the way we have always liked him. It was not right but, we were not apart of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:28 pm

I am also going to say this again for those that missed it. The percentage of gays who are pedophiles are minuscule compared to their straight counterparts. This fear has no basis at all.
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:30 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
daisygrl wrote:

I can. Daisygirl you have grave misinformation. I suggest you do some research to learn the facts about sexuality.

The following is an initial primer for you.

Pedophiles are deviants, they have a vile mental deficiency.

Gays and Lesbians have the same sex drives as Heterosexuals (which vary according to the individual)

Are you worried that if you your friends can't have sex they will attack a child? I would guess your answer is "of course not!" Then you need to understand that is the same answer for gays and lesbians.

Pedophilia is rape.
Rape has nothing to do with sex. NOTHING, rape is a most violent crime that happens to be personal and private and very damaging.

People, whether they like men or women or both, can exist without sex.

Thank you for saying what I've been sitting here trying to say for almost an hour. tens

Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:32 pm

blondie55 wrote:
FighttheFoo wrote:

I think it is based on a character from a book written many years ago. Don't know for sure, going to google
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:36 pm

Hope wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
FighttheFoo wrote:

I think it is based on a character from a book written many years ago. Don't know for sure, going to google

It's from Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe, isn't it?

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:40 pm

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   

Back to top Go down

About Jeff's comments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: