Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 9:47 pm

WTF was he thinking? I haven't watched it yet so maybe I shouldn't even comment, but I just can't believe he was so fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 10:39 pm

some are upset, others are not

I feel that no matter how he would have explained it , with or without the anger, people would be mad.

FighttheFoo
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 10:46 pm

He's definitely going to have to deal with this one way or the other. Whether it's during or after the show. However, things will blow over and it may not even impact their game with the way Kalia is choosing to handle it. Hopefully at some point Jeff and Kalia will be able to come together and mash it out.
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 10:51 pm

I just checked this thread. Did Jeff do that just for me????

I really need to go to bed and see how I feel in the morning. I've been in an extremely bad mood all day and Jeff was a dumbass tonight. I'm hoping with sleep and some explanation from Jeff I'll feel better in the morning.

I've tried all night to write how I feel and I just can't. It's been a long day and I'm just going to call it a night.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 10:51 pm

Kimmie wrote:
some are upset, others are not

I feel that no matter how he would have explained it , with or without the anger, people would be mad.

True.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 11:40 pm

The Jeff-Haters are having a FIELD DAY on Twitter. Chima, who called another player a TERRORIST (without any remorse) was quick off the mark. Annie had a fit and hates Jeff forever. Even Casey was jumping on Jeff. ElizaOrlins, who had no problem with the Casey Anthony verdict, has tried and convicted Jeff already. #rolledeyes

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 12th 2011, 11:50 pm

Most of these reactions doesn't surprise me because Jeff and Jordan were given a lot of grief from these past houseguests, especially from their own season. There has always been a little resentment toward them. I will say I was surprised by Casey though, even though he has every right to his opinion.

Last edited by Peaches on July 13th 2011, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:05 am

Something else is bothering me. I know it has been said a lot his biggest fans are the most upset and it was kind of insinuated that it was because he was on some kind of pedestal. I am a big Jeff fan, BUT I never thought he was perfect. I know how many faults he has, in fact that is one of the reasons I liked him. He seemed so normal to me.
The reason I am more upset over this than something else he might have done is because I never saw this one coming. Jeff being cheap, showing his temper, saying something stupid (not this type of thing) or just acting like an asshole is something I expected.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out.
Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:07 am

I'm against what Jeff said.

However I can't take the outrage from the former houseguests seriously. Especially from people like Chima, Michelle, Lydia who were all on the rampage attack before he said anything. They want to attack just to attack and because it's Jeff/Jordan.

Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:09 am

Peaches wrote:
Something else is bothering me. I know it has been said a lot his biggest fans are the most upset and it was kind of insinuated that it was because he was on some kind of pedestal. I am a big Jeff fan, BUT I never thought he was perfect. I know how many faults he has, in fact that is one of the reasons I liked him. He seemed so normal to me.
The reason I am more upset over this than something else he might have done is because I never saw this one coming. Jeff being cheap, showing his temper, saying something stupid (not this type of thing) or just acting like an asshole is something I expected.

With you there. I'm bossy, I am hypercritical, I have road rage. I say mean things to people I love. I recognize that I have faults and that everyone else on earth does too. (Jeff included: not that bright, overly competitive, anger management issues) But when you see someone that you "like" do something really basically "unlikable" it is really hard to capitulate. I am sure this will blow over in time (good God, the high horses of the BB11 HGs drive me to drink) but now I am wondering if I wish he would have done a Naked Captain Morgan (knee up, peen in hand) instead. Would it be easier for me to process?
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:15 am

Quote :
but now I am wondering if I wish he would have done a Naked Captain Morgan (knee up, peen in hand) instead. Would it be easier for me to process?

lol! I swear I almost just posted the same thing in the live feed discussion thread. He should have just shown his penis.
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:19 am

I didn't see Casey bash him. I saw him agree that Jeff was wrong and that he will get a lot of heat from it. He also said that Casey would give him a good talking too. Did I miss some bashing?
Back to top Go down
MisguidedAngel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:25 am

Peaches wrote:

I'm glad you did because I agree completely.

It was just completely unexpected and over-the-top during a randomly lighthearted discussion. It took me by surprise. While I don't agree with what or how he said it, I don't think he is a homophobe nor should be ruined by this.
Back to top Go down
BB11JJ
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2987
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:48 am

Who gives a f** for them? WOW Annie hates Jeff, i'm sure Jeff will be crushed to know that BB past hg's hate him sarcasm

Don't let this twitter people get to you!
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 12:56 am

BB11JJ wrote:
Who gives a f** for them? WOW Annie hates Jeff, i'm sure Jeff will be crushed to know that BB past hg's hate him sarcasm

good posting
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:01 am

BB11JJ wrote:

good posting and Hug wrap up in arms for being so damn sweet tonight!
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:24 am

Dick said he was going to comment about Jeff rant tonight on etc. Did anyone go? What did he say?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:27 am

Hope wrote:
Dick said he was going to comment about Jeff rant tonight on etc. Did anyone go? What did he say?

he is in chat now.. not going , so dont know

Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 1:32 am

Thanks Kimmie
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:02 am

To paraphrase (really loosely) he basically said Jeff was an idiot for mixing up pedophiles and gay people. He said he really believed what he was saying too because there was a lot of emotion behind it.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:12 am

ED really doesn't know what he is talking about Jeff explained what he meant an I will take his word for it....

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 2:18 am

Peaches wrote:
BB11JJ wrote:

good posting and Hug wrap up in arms for being so damn sweet tonight!

Really? thanks!! Very Happy

Okay, to sum it up (for me) I don't judge people by their views or their opinions. I see their personality and their actions.

I do agree that Jeff needs to apologize for yelling cause that was not okay!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 3:35 am

Many people are just waking up to read about Jeff's comments.

First, the facts:

The question was: Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?

JKR: My truthful answer to you... I always thought of Dumbledore as gay. [ovation.] ... Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald, and that that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extent? But, he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him. Yeah, that's how i always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying I knew a girl once, whose hair... [laughter]. I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!" [laughter] "If I'd known it would make you so happy, I would have announced it years ago!"

Link for above quote

---------------

As some of you may have already figured out, this site takes a socially liberal stance on many issues. One of those is LGBT rights and
also LGBT truth. That is the way it is because I am the owner of this site. As the owner, I want to make it perfectly clear that ignorance or bigotry is not tolerated here at AABB. If anyone has trouble with that, too bad. Go somewhere else.

Jeff's comments were ignorant. That is the best spin anyone can put on it. Do not twist the facts or his meaning to justify your affection for him. Many people in the threads have already explained why he is so wrong, so I won't repeat it.

The good news is that ignorance can be cured. Jeff is not a sophisticated person. He is probably repeating something he heard from someone or heard on some slanted radio or tv show. I doubt he has read or investigated any opposing views or looked up information on his own.
I do not believe Jeff is a bigot.

After he gets out of the house, hopefully someone with a cool head can explain to him what a really dumb thing he said.
Unfortunately there are many people who are ignorant about this subject, so it can be a learning lesson for all.

All for now. ... but I may be back with more comments after coffee.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 3:49 am

nov1962 wrote:
ED really doesn't know what he is talking about Jeff explained what he meant an I will take his word for it....

No, Jeff meant exactly what most people think. Don't make excuses.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:27 am

Anyone is welcome to post in this thread by the way.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 4:36 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

I completely agree, Nancy. I'm less angry now and it's more of a calm disappointment that I'm feeling (if that makes sense). I don't know how this will affect my feelings about Jeff in the future. I really want to like him still, and I hope that in time I can get over it enough to be happy when I see him on my computer or TV. But I can't understand why people are making excuses for him. If this was a universally hated houseguest, NOBODY except people who share those views would be defending him/her. I love(d?) Jeff, and if anyone was going to find legitimate loopholes to what he said, it would've been me. There was a lot of speculation of what he "probably" meant which wouldn't have made it that bad...but the thing is he didn't actually say ANY of what people were saying he probably meant. Every theory was a huge stretch imo & just people not wanting to accept that he said what he said. I truly believe he meant it exactly how it came out. He probably wasn't thinking before he spoke, and didn't realize he'd get that reaction. I don't think that he thought what he was saying was bad before he opened his mouth, but after she challenged him he realized he dug himself a hole and flipped out.

The fact that he legitimately believed that Kalia MUST HAVE agreed with with him and was only being PC for TV is very telling of what he meant imo. He was absolutely flabbergasted that she saw nothing wrong with a gay man being around children.
Back to top Go down
BB11JJ
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:08 am

Well, I don't share this "belief" but at the same I don't think Jeff thinks gay people shouldn't be around. i think it got out of context cause they were talking about a book! not a real life people. it's like they said I don't know, Neil patrick harris shouldn't be around children cause his gay. what i'm trying to say is they've argued about a storyline in a book (and a fantasy book, not autobiography).

But let's say he does believe in this (which i don't think he is at all) I don't care. I'm not in any way think it's right. but I like Jeff as a person and he has good traits. so this comment won't make me hate him. I don't think less of or in any way didisappointed in him. I have friends where we don't share a lot of our views or opinions the same but i'm still friends with them, cause they're awesome for many other reasons.

If it was a hg I don't like of course I will not defend him cause there are other reasons why i don't like them simple as that.

Look, I know most of you don't agree with me, and I respect it, and I hope you will respect me, so everyone have their own opinions.

obviously, since I don't believe that Jeff really thinks like that. then I don't think i'm making an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:33 am

You just DID make an excuse for him by saying it's okay because they were talking about a book and not real life people. That is so not the point. At all. His point was that it was wrong to have a gay headmaster at a school for children with no parents around. If you have to convince yourself that it's okay because they just so happened to be talking about a fictional book, then Idk what to tell you.

I just don't make exceptions for who I'm going to be disappointed in based on whether or not I like them. It doesn't matter if I love or hate a person. I will be equally pissed hearing this come out of anyone's mouth. Jeff should not get a free pass because he's America's sweetheart when someone like Amber BB8 (first universally disliked person I could think of) would've been chewed up and spit out for something like this. My personal beliefs on issues like this are a huge part of who I am, and they're more important to me than being a good/supportive Jeff fan.

The only thing salvaging any hope I have for still liking Jeff is the fact that I've "known" him as more than this for two years now. If this was the first time I'd heard about him, I would have a VERY VERY strong dislike for him. (I try not to use the word 'hate' too lightly when it comes to people, but it may have been applicable had that been the case.)
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:47 am

I do not agree with what Jeff said. Unfortunately alot of people share his views. Just means we need to remember to educate not hate.

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 5:53 am

Bryanna wrote:
You just DID make an excuse for him by saying it's okay because they were talking about a book and not real life people. That is so not the point. At all. His point was that it was wrong to have a gay headmaster at a school for children with no parents around. If you have to convince yourself that it's okay because they just so happened to be talking about a fictional book, then Idk what to tell you.

I just don't make exceptions for who I'm going to be disappointed in based on whether or not I like them. It doesn't matter if I love or hate a person. I will be equally pissed hearing this come out of anyone's mouth. Jeff should not get a free pass because he's America's sweetheart when someone like Amber BB8 (first universally disliked person I could think of) would've been chewed up and spit out for something like this. My personal beliefs on issues like this are a huge part of who I am, and they're more important to me than being a good/supportive Jeff fan.

The only thing salvaging any hope I have for still liking Jeff is the fact that I've "known" him as more than this for two years now. If this was the first time I'd heard about him, I would have a VERY VERY strong dislike for him. (I try not to use the word 'hate' too lightly when it comes to people, but it may have been applicable had that been the case.)

good posting Bryanna

BB11JJ, I don't think ONE person at this site hates Jeff now but I can bet all my money that a lot of people feel the same way as me...disappointed in Jeff.

And just watching Dani's pretty little face go from smiling to looking totally uncomfortable and Brendon changing the subject...I bet they too were disappointed in Jeff and his comments.

Last edited by Wildebeest on July 13th 2011, 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gmtbb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3733
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:07 am

I know they mean nothing at all but I like keeping track of the Joker's houseguest ratings. I wonder if Jeff is gonna dip lower than that 3rd spot...

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/bbratings/showrankings.php
Back to top Go down
http://thecornertv.wordpress.com/
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:15 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

Well I am glad "most people know exactly what Jeff meant" know what's going on in his mind/heart..Since I don't, I will take what he saids I am not an excuse making type of women, don't paint me with that brush........

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:33 am

Here is my thing - I want to know WHY he thinks that and WHY it caused such deep and sincere anger.

He is wrong and ignorant on the facts - but WHY does he feel such passion about it, what he displayed is not a belief, it is a fear. And that is what concerns me for him.

I understand the environment he has grown up in shaped his thoughts but that does not explain the immediate rise to rage. From his perspective he was protecting children - we all know that he is WRONG - but why doesn't he know that?
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:38 am

Bryanna wrote:
I'm less angry now and it's more of a calm disappointment that I'm feeling (if that makes sense). I truly believe he meant it exactly how it came out.
The fact that he legitimately believed that Kalia MUST HAVE agreed with with him and was only being PC for TV is very telling of what he meant imo. He was absolutely flabbergasted that she saw nothing wrong with a gay man being around children.

Bryanna wrote:
My personal beliefs on issues like this are a huge part of who I am, and they're more important to me than being a good/supportive Jeff fan.

Bryanna, you are so eloquent in the expression of your feelings. I feel the exact same as you and a few others that are of the same mind set. I am calmer this morning, and no longer angry. Last night I was exhausted and lashing out at posters that I care about. This morning, I have a calm sense of disappointment. Like you, my personal beliefs take precedence over being a fan of anyone. I am not mad at Jeff. I am disappointed in him.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 6:39 am

memphisbelle wrote:
Here is my thing - I want to know WHY he thinks that and WHY it caused such deep and sincere anger.

He is wrong and ignorant on the facts - but WHY does he feel such passion about it, what he displayed is not a belief, it is a fear. And that is what concerns me for him.

I understand the environment he has grown up in shaped his thoughts but that does not explain the immediate rise to rage. From his perspective he was protecting children - we all know that he is WRONG - but why doesn't he know that?

Hey, I am the one who always wants to know why! That was my next question. I think Nov said he explained why he said that...what was his explanation?
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 7:49 am

I watched Jeff's outburst last night, and figured it would cause a firestorm on the internet.

People blow stuff out of proportion.

He tried to explain it later, what he meant, and he knew it didn't sound good when he said it, so he just stopped (when talking to Kalia)

I tend to agree that too often people try to read more into these movies/characters/books than the original author intended.

I remember when my daughter was small and their was a show on that was geared towards toddlers, and everyone talked about how the character was supposedly gay. I remember thinking WTF, it's a kids' show, it isn't supposed to mean anything other than it relates to kids at that level. Why try to make it something it's not - it's stupid. I use to get pissed (like Jeff did) when that stuff was said - so I sort of saw where he was coming from.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 7:59 am

gmtbb wrote:
I know they mean nothing at all but I like keeping track of the Joker's houseguest ratings. I wonder if Jeff is gonna dip lower than that 3rd spot...

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/bbratings/showrankings.php

Poor Keith, he's dominating the bottom.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 8:01 am

I think the reason some of us are "making excuses for Jeff" is because we KNOW he is better than that. I don't believe for a second (based on the past 2 years of getting to 'know' him) that Jeff is this homophobic bigot. Now I could be totally wrong. Maybe Jeff hates all gay people, and thinks even I wouldn't be fit to work with kids, but there's a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Proud graduate of the Jeff School of Punctuation, class of '10.

"Wassup Shelly? Imma grab my junk."
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 8:08 am

Quote :
I tend to agree that too often people try to read more into these movies/characters/books than the original author intended.

Since the author herself, J.K. Rowling, said that Dumbledore was gay, Kahlia was not reading more into the character than was there. (BTW, there are no sex scenes beyond a bit of kissing and making out in the books and none with adults but Rowling discussed Dumbledore's sexuality in terms of creating a character for him -- a man who was never married, had no children, etc., etc.)

As for Jeff, I was never a big fan ... he is just one of those houseguests that I have no strong opinion about one way or another. I find it fascinating to watch how his fans are reacting though to his clearly bigoted and ignorant comments.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 8:12 am

I guess I am just tired of everyone having to walk on eggshells and be PC all the time. People say things, it's human.

Do I think Jeff hates gays or believes all gays are pedophiles??? NO. Did he do a bad job at explaining what he meant? YES.

I guess I am just not as touchy as many when it comes to these kinds of things - it's like -oops, shoulnd't say that...now move on and that's it.

Every word out of everyone's mouth in this day and age is judged and ripped apart. It's fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   

Back to top Go down

About Jeff's comments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: