Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 6:53 am

Just because he said it was a friend, doesn't really mean it wasn't the girlfriend, or someone in her family. I think whatever it was is serious which is why CBS released him and gave him a very good edit on Sunday.

People go in for annual checkups all the time and something is discovered that requires immediate attention.

Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 7:09 am

memphisbelle wrote:
Just because he said it was a friend, doesn't really mean it wasn't the girlfriend, or someone in her family. I think whatever it was is serious which is why CBS released him and gave him a very good edit on Sunday.

People go in for annual checkups all the time and something is discovered that requires immediate attention.

He said it was not his gf.

I agree that a friend, no matter how close, would probably not be contacting Dick in the house. I also think that it's really odd that they would not have given him two minutes to tell Daniele that he was leaving. If the friend had been deathly sick prior, Dick would have aware and probably would have told Daniele, "Look, X is sick, and if he worsens I have told them that I need to be notified and will be leaving."

If it was an accident and the person was in bad shape, he still could have told Daniele. I doubt that they would "break the rules" of the DR and come to Dick face to face without then allowing him a few minutes with Daniele.

It was clear she knew nothing.

Also, they could have brought her in immediately and said, Daniele, your dad had to leave the house because so and so was ill. We would rather not tell the others until later.

Nothing makes sense.

Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 7:12 am

Didn't he stress it wasn't a medical emergency?
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 7:29 am

lallybelle wrote:
Didn't he stress it wasn't a medical emergency?
Would he have gotten emotional over a financial or legal crisis of a friend?
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 8:22 am

Why does everyone believe he felt the need to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth about it?

That is what public relations is all about. You make a statement that in totality is true but you give out no specifics. That leaves the door open for interpretation and inference. Pretty good spin thus far, it will be interesting to see what CBS says tomorrow night.

Often it is what someone doesn't say more than what they say.

The conclusion I reach by viewing it that way is that is indeed a serious situation and that Dick felt he had no choice and that CBS supports his decision. Whomever it is, is not in the public purview and obviously does not want the masses to know about their circumstance and Dick cares about them so much that he is willing to shoulder the speculation and criticism in order to protect that person.

I have no idea who it is, but I do believe they are someone very close to Dick for him to give such allegiance.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 8:31 am

I feel bad for Dick. The one thing I am absolutely sure about is that he wanted to play again.

Whatever the truth is behind why he left, it really is just Dick's business. We aren't owed any explanation. I will be interested to see how CBS presents it.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 9:34 am

good posting I hope he returns for some kind of competition.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:20 am

jfan wrote:
I will be interested to see how CBS presents it.

CBS will be even MORE vague than ED, if that's possible.

The problem I have with this whole ED situation is that he handled it wrong in the aftermath.

He should have made one statement : "I'm sorry I had to leave. It's a private matter and all I will say is that my mother, my son and my girlfriend are all okay. Thanks to CBS & Grodner, go Dani go."

Instead we got a) grand announcements and promises of video statements explaining all that ended up explaining nothing b) multiple and repetitive rants against rumours and innuendo c) pimping the shit outta his RTV site (including, on at least TWO occasions, tweeting that's he on the SuperPass chatboards, followed quickly by other tweets saying how awful the Superpass chatboards are and why don't we join him on the RTV chatboards).

Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:21 am

Dick twittered a lot this morning about no one in BB13 is going to Vegas for Nikki's thing. There were a lot of stories shared about the bad management last time he said. Didn't Brendan say they didn't pay for him or Rachel?
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:23 am

Daniele is already signed up. Plus she was talking to Dom and someone else about going. I think she said, "It's super, super fun!"
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:25 am

She didn't stay long last time did she? I remember her dragging Eric Stein in and pretty much saying she was ready to leave shortly after.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:28 am

I suspect that Dick had some kind of conflict of interest with his own money-making schemes and he left for that reason. I think the "friend's emergency" is all lies and window dressing to make him look good. If I were an ED fan, I'd be pissed. JMO.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 11:29 am

KayS wrote:
She didn't stay long last time did she? I remember her dragging Eric Stein in and pretty much saying she was ready to leave shortly after.
She went in 2009. Stayed until Sunday. Last year, she arrived on Friday (I remember she was there for the Meet and Greet) and stayed until Monday (per Moosie's posts of taking her to the airport).

I think Dick is going to try to take out some that are already on board with going so that it forces Nikki to shut it down.

I actually wish it would not happen. I think a lot of promises are made and no follow through for fans or house guests. The beer pong event was totally redic last year. Plus, even the interviews were not great. But the reality stars seem to like it.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 12:52 pm

Jordan said she and Jeff aren't going, Brendan and Rachel aren't going - reported on the feeds, don't know about others. I thought there was a real player party that was supposed to be more of a cast party anyway?
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 7:16 pm

PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
Hope wrote:
I really think it depends on the friend. If my best friend was in trouble, you better believe my mom or other friends would harass CBS to getthe info to me. That is why it must be serious. I'm taking at face value until I learn I've been played. Don't get me wrong, Im a little suspicious but I just can't see a reason for him to ditch BB unless it was serious.

If my best friend was in some kind of trouble I would want to know so I could leave, and I would be furious if my family and friends didn't try to contact me and let me just stay on a reality show

Yeah, but why would they call CBS in the first place? It doesn't make sense to me. Imagine it. Your friend's in trouble... and they call CBS and say, "Hey, can you tell Dick I'm in big trouble?" I just can't believe that.

as a few people have already posted, maybe it wasn't the actual friend that contacted the show but his GF, since she is probably in the best position to judge how serious it was and what his wishes would be. Additionally, even though he said it wasn't a health issue or involving his GF, who knows, maybe he is just protecting her privacy and doesn't want to say the dealio.
I don't even know ED other than the little I have seen this season as well as what have read about him on AABB and have gathered he is a bit much and no saint, so I don't even know what I am talking about. It just seemed like he was wanting to play and loves the game and if he gave it up it must have been important. I wish whatever it is it had not happened because I enjoyed the little I saw.

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 12th 2011, 7:25 pm

Dick's new fan page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EvelDick/148209581921757
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 13th 2011, 3:51 am

Do you think the explanation Dick gave and the one CBS will be showing us during the show on CBS tonight will be the same? I imagine it will be, but I was curious what would happened if it wasn't.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
willsdoll
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 2:44 pm

I need a smoke LOL you have no idea what I thought when I first saw the title of this thread. I was afraid to open it up at work and what would pop out or pop up. No pun intended. big laugh
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:10 pm

I think Dick is still a ratings magnet and he will be brought back if they ever do AS2. His popularity is still high with BB fans.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:23 pm

I have been thinking about Dick leaving;

I think like Dani said Dick loves BB and would not have left unless he felt he had no choice.
I think the debate is if it was someone close to him that had some kind of emergency or if he did it for personal gain.
1. if he did it for loyalty to some one he cares for, good for him
2. if he did it for $$, good for him

Dick is not one of my favs but if he did it cause it was best for him financially I think he was being smart, lol, CBS will survive.
and if like a few thought he did it to help his daughter, which I don't believe, well, so what?
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:29 pm

Do you think there will be an All Stars? Ragan said on twitter that he did not think there would be an AS after this season, but rather bringing back HGs like they did this season.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:34 pm

Bolero wrote:
Do you think there will be an All Stars? Ragan said on twitter that he did not think there would be an AS after this season, but rather bringing back HGs like they did this season.

I definitely do not think there will be an all stars 2 during the summer! the regular BB is really cheap to produce and the ratings are way to big to mess with! if there where to be another all stars IMO it would be a winter edition
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:36 pm

mimTN wrote:

I have been thinking about Dick leaving;

I think like Dani said Dick loves BB and would not have left unless he felt he had no choice.
I think the debate is if it was someone close to him that had some kind of emergency or if he did it for personal gain.
1. if he did it for loyalty to some one he cares for, good for him
2. if he did it for $$, good for him

Dick is not one of my favs but if he did it cause it was best for him financially I think he was being smart, lol, CBS will survive.
and if like a few thought he did it to help his daughter, which I don't believe, well, so what?

I don't think it was money because if he stayed on the show that would have been weeks of free publicity for his web site
Back to top Go down
sugar

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:39 pm

kmjm wrote:
I suspect that Dick had some kind of conflict of interest with his own money-making schemes and he left for that reason. I think the "friend's emergency" is all lies and window dressing to make him look good. If I were an ED fan, I'd be pissed. JMO.

I am a HUGE Dick fan and I am not pissed at him at all. As I a HUGE fan of Dick's and I know for a fact that Dick would NOT leave the game unless it was something important. It is sad that people have this type of opinion about someone they don't know.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 3:43 pm

sugar wrote:
kmjm wrote:

I am a HUGE Dick fan and I am not pissed at him at all. As I a HUGE fan of Dick's and I know for a fact that Dick would NOT leave the game unless it was something important. It is sad that people have this type of opinion about someone they don't know.

CBS would have made him look like shit if he left for that reason! And they certainly wouldn't be taping a segment for tonight's live show
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 4:01 pm

sugar wrote:
kmjm wrote:

When did a man doing what is best for him earn him other's "low opinion"?
I am not sold that it is financial,
I am saying;
What is best for Dick vs. what is best for BB and CBS
Dick choose himself, and his.
I am with Dick on this and admire him for it.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 4:04 pm

Dick has said repeatedly that he left because of an emergency with a good friend who has always been there for him. He won't divulge who or give out personal information out of respect for the person's privacy, and also because when people suspected it was his girlfriend she got a ton of hate mail and death threats.

He has also said repeatedly that watching the feeds and show is VERY depressing for him and he wishes he was still in the house. I've heard him say a few times now in his chat that he would come back and do another season if ever asked, with or without Daniele. This had nothing to do with money imo. There's no reason to think that it's anything other than what he has said it was.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 4:21 pm

I was not posting about Dick and why,
I was posting that someone putting their personal finanacial interest first is not wrong or should earn a low opinion. Anymore than illness or anything else.

I think if Dick put himself, his family or a friend first ahead of BB, for whatever reason, knowing how much BB means to him is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3267
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:33 pm

EvelDick
Evel Dick Donato
I will be on the live eviction episode tonight... make sure you watch it.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:39 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
Bolero wrote:

I definitely do not think there will be an all stars 2 during the summer! the regular BB is really cheap to produce and the ratings are way to big to mess with! if there where to be another all stars IMO it would be a winter edition

There wont be another winter addition of this show. The winter addition of BB9 was due to the writers strike. They had no one to write the scripted television and needed something to fill in - hence BB.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:41 pm

double post - sorry
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:43 pm

Gail wrote:
EvelDick
Evel Dick Donato

He come back?
Back to top Go down
snow

Number of posts : 13238

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:44 pm

Quote :
He won't divulge who or give out personal information out of respect for the person's privacy, and also because when people suspected it was his girlfriend she got a ton of hate mail and death threats.

What the hell is wrong with people!

SUN 8/7c WED 8/7c THUR 9/8c
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Hope wrote:
Gail wrote:
EvelDick
Evel Dick Donato

He come back?

He taped a segment from his home explaining why he left. It'll be shown on tonight's show.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Gail wrote:
EvelDick
Evel Dick Donato

If I miss it, is there someplace I can watch it online afterwards? Or if I want to watch the east coast stream, could someone point me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:46 pm

honeybeeangel wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
Bolero wrote:

There wont be another winter addition of this show. The winter addition of BB9 was due to the writers strike. They had no one to write the scripted television and needed something to fill in - hence BB.

My point was that the normal summer BB is to big to replace with an expensive all star's season with overly demanding z-list ex hg's and the only way they might have another all stars is in between normal BB's
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 14th 2011, 5:47 pm

boots wrote:
Gail wrote:
EvelDick
Evel Dick Donato

If I miss it, is there someplace I can watch it online afterwards? Or if I want to watch the east coast stream, could someone point me in the right direction?

http://justtvnuts.com/cbs-east.htm
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   July 18th 2011, 12:24 pm

Not sure where to post this, but has Dick commented anywhere online or in chat about the treatment Dani got from Julie during the live show last Thursday (and Dani's follow-up comment when voting)? I'd be curious to read what he had to say, and I guess I've missed any posts about it.

PostSubject: Re: Dick is out....   

Back to top Go down

Dick is out....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: