Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:06 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
New TMZ article

I still can't believe it escalated to these proportions. There are some very sick people in this world.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:08 am

I know this may sound extreme, but historically when hate is ignored, it grows in dimension and scope.

Year after year, I have seen the hate for certain Big Brother contestants grow. The first year I noticed it was with Maggie. On a scale of 1-10, her hate meter probably reached a max of 3.

During BB8, I was shocked when Jen J. became the focal point of "hate" early on in America's voting. I didn't care for her, but the hate I read was unreal and people were hoping that Dick would do bodily harm to her. Later, Amber became the focal point for racist remarks she made, which were bad but kind of paled in comparison with remarks made by Dick and others.

But for whatever reason, Shelly is H-A-T-E-D. Yes, she went against an alliance. It's a game. I read on twitter how she had abandoned her "mission to get Jeff/Jordan to the end of the game." She's roundly criticized for playing for herself.

I think when someone takes the step to call the home and threaten the family, that should be considered a "credible" threat. That's not just someone blowing steam on Facebook. This is by far the worst case to date, and for the authorities to do nothing (not even shut down the page) is ludicrous. How long before some psycho decides to really push the envelope?
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:14 am

Your forgetting Natalie BB11. She was hated as well. People called her dad's work to get him fired, and Kevin confirmed that she got multiple death threats. The only difference IMO is a) she doesn't have a child and b) TMZ didn't right an article about it.

Unfortunately, BB is always going to attract the crazies. It's the nature of the feeds, it makes "stalking" from your own home possible.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:24 am

blondie55 wrote:
Your forgetting Natalie BB11. She was hated as well. People called her dad's work to get him fired, and Kevin confirmed that she got multiple death threats. The only difference IMO is a) she doesn't have a child and b) TMZ didn't right an article about it.

Unfortunately, BB is always going to attract the crazies. It's the nature of the feeds, it makes "stalking" from your own home possible.
I didn't forget her. Smile I actually reduced my post by several paragraphs. But yes, Natalie, Michele, Chima and good old Ronnie have all borne the brunt of hate on some level.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:26 am

I agree with Bolero. If there is documention of those calls that IS a credible threat and I hope at the least they continue to monitor because I am afraid after she gets out of the house it could become worse.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:29 am

KayS wrote:
I agree with Bolero. If there is documention of those calls that IS a credible threat and I hope at the least they continue to monitor because I am afraid after she gets out of the house it could become worse.
If Jordan doesn't win, I believe it will be worse.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:32 am

KayS wrote:

Outside the house I think J/J will be a big help since I know they will be asked about Shelly's betrayal on finale night and in almost every interview and they will say that it was just a game, etc. I don't think they will be best friends but definitely J/J will be nice about her in interviews, so maybe it will reduce the intensity of the hate?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:43 am

Bolero wrote:
KayS wrote:
If Jordan doesn't win, I believe it will be worse.

I think a lot of fans will relish the moment Shelly walks thru the door to visit with Julie and Jordan being the one to open and close that door. If others go bonkers because she doesn't win... well, they truly need to get slapped in the face by Reality.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:44 am

So far, to me at least, the producers are doing nothing to calm the haters down with the television shows. Maybe we did not get the full "explosion" on Sunday night (from what I have heard the various players say, it got pretty heated) because that was production's attempt to quell the haters.

I hope that Jeff gets a heads-up before finale night so that he can address it from a positive standpoint.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:51 am

I think it was Ragan who said maybe she shouldn't be told right away, but won't she be asked about it in the backyard interviews? Or does BB have editorial control over what can or can't be asked in those interviews?

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:56 am

Jeff knew about the Natalie/Ronnie hate before the Backyard Interviews so I'm sure he will know about Shelly's hate. I think Shelly will get a warning before leaving, if not by producers than by past HG's. Is she going to Vegas Bash?
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 10:56 am

I think once she is told about her daughter being threatened she will leave immediately . I know I would. To hell with the interviews.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 11:03 am

KayS wrote:
I think once she is told about her daughter being threatened she will leave immediately . I know I would. To hell with the interviews.
But will she be told about that before she leaves? BB might abide by Tony's wishes in this case, if he wants her to be told the extent of it before leaving BB's hands or not. That's why I was wondering if there are limits about what can and can't be asked in the interviews? I agree that Shelly won't care about media interviews if she thinks it's more important to be with her family at that time.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 11:12 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
KayS wrote:
But will she be told about that before she leaves? BB might abide by Tony's wishes in this case, if he wants her to be told the extent of it before leaving BB's hands or not. That's why I was wondering if there are limits about what can and can't be asked in the interviews? I agree that Shelly won't care about media interviews if she thinks it's more important to be with her family at that time.
Dick is the biggest wild card IMO.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 11:21 am

Bolero wrote:
gluedtothepc wrote:
KayS wrote:
Dick is the biggest wild card IMO.

Dick is an intelligent man as well as a meanie. He is more likely to call Kalia a bad name than to say something bad to Shelly. He also wants to tout his rtvzone as THE place to be.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:49 pm

Do you think any of the audience will applaud when Shelly is evicted? If so, will the applause be noticeably quieter? Julie will have her hands full tonight.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:52 pm

Washed Up wrote:
Do you think any of the audience will applaud when Shelly is evicted? If so, will the applause be noticeably quieter? Julie will have her hands full tonight.
They will need to clap, it's in their contract. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35502
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:52 pm

Washed Up wrote:

Of course they will. Most people are polite and don't make a game show more important that it really is.
Besides, they will tell the audience to clap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:53 pm

The studio audience is forced to applaud and not allowed to boo. They will give a pleasant golf clap and not much more, imo.

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:56 pm

jengalives wrote:
The studio audience is forced to applaud and not allowed to boo. They will give a pleasant golf clap and not much more, imo.

This is one time I'm glad it's not like BBUK.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 1:57 pm

Washed Up wrote:

Yes

I don't see much hate for Shelly, but I don't go to many BB sites. I know fans want her gone, might not like her game style, and don't like her, but off the wall crazy hate? Not really.
I saw more hate directed toward Maggie and Nat during and after their season. The Maggie hate is still high.
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 2:00 pm

Here's what I think could be happening -- playing devil's advocate. If I were in the audience I would probably clap louder if the person I don't like is being evicted, just because I'm glad they got evicted.

The HG's always seem to think the loudness of the clapping means that HG must be loved the most. I don't know if that's necessarily true, do you?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 2:02 pm

sweetpeatx wrote:
Here's what I think could be happening -- playing devil's advocate. If I were in the audience I would probably clap louder if the person I don't like is being evicted, just because I'm glad they got evicted.

The HG's always seem to think the loudness of the clapping means that HG must be loved the most. I don't know if that's necessarily true, do you?

Hadn't thought of that but... yeah lol!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9241
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 2:16 pm

the clapping will always happen they are told to clap, it's the hootin and hollerin they listen for.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:02 pm

I thought one of the boys got booed this season. Was it Jeff or Brendan?
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:06 pm

KayS wrote:

Neither.

ARRRG
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:07 pm

KayS wrote:

I don't think they are allowed to boo in the audience, Kays. Part of having the honor of being there is following the directions of the stage crew.

I think IF Shelly leaves tonight she will get a good reception from the crowd. I wonder what questions Julie will ask her and how her goodbye messages will be?
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:10 pm

I could have sworn their was something during one of the evictions. Even the houseguests thought they heard it I thought. No need to pull your hair out, was just a question!
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:16 pm

KayS wrote:
I could have sworn their was something during one of the evictions. Even the houseguests thought they heard it I thought. No need to pull your hair out, was just a question!

The Hg's said Jeff was boo'd, I didn't hear it, but then again I don't remember much from that night! It was KRAZY!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:23 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Washed Up wrote:

Of course they will. Most people are polite and don't make a game show more important that it really is.
Besides, they will tell the audience to clap.

I thought so. I have been in studio audiences before and they do give directions on what to do and in fact, have someone leading the audience in reaction.

Ok now I figured it out. I think SHELLY was getting booed for voting Jeff out. Re this tidbit from Jokers. I KNEW I heard a boo!

...She says that she is sorry but he is awesome at this game and has the ability to win it and that is why she is voting to evict him. There is a gasp and boos from the audience. Jeff stands, hugs Jordan and tells her he loves her. He then hugs all of the house guests and says things that CBS has bleeped out
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

KayS wrote:
Ok now I figured it out. I think SHELLY was getting booed for voting Jeff out. Re this tidbit from Jokers. I KNEW I heard a boo!

...She says that she is sorry but he is awesome at this game and has the ability to win it and that is why she is voting to evict him. There is a gasp and boos from the audience. Jeff stands, hugs Jordan and tells her he loves her. He then hugs all of the house guests and says things that CBS has bleeped out

Exactly! That is what I heard too.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:25 pm

KayS wrote:

That's how I remember it too. The boos came from her vote, not when he left the house.

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 3:37 pm

sweetpeatx wrote:
KayS wrote:

Neither.

ARRRG

Deep breaths. It was an open ended remark expecting an answer. It was resolved without angst.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 4:08 pm

Thanks Mappy! I know I'm old but I haven't lost my hearing YET! dance
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14825
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 5:19 pm

Mappy wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
New TMZ article

I still can't believe it escalated to these proportions. There are some very sick people in this world.

Me neither Mappy. What is wrong with people!?

Twitter and facebook have just made it easier for some people to hate on others.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 5:55 pm

We had someone from this site who was an audience member for one of the live shows a couple of years ago. (I can't remember the poster's name) They told us that the audience is given strict instructions on how to act ... applause only, no signs, no shout outs etc.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 6:10 pm

Go Shelly! cheers No, really...GO!!

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 6:14 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
We had someone from this site who was an audience member for one of the live shows a couple of years ago. (I can't remember the poster's name) They told us that the audience is given strict instructions on how to act ... applause only, no signs, no shout outs etc.

I remember that. I remember they were really strict about behavior. No booing, when they said clap, you clapped. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   September 1st 2011, 6:26 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Go Shelly! cheers No, really...GO!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Shelly   

Back to top Go down

Shelly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: