mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 26th 2011, 1:05 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Of the remaining newbies, he's the only one I can tolerate to see win mainly just to piss off Dani fans who called him stupid and dumb for not voting for her to stay. Even with all the drama over the last 24 hours, Adam got his way. A 4-2 newbie advantage at F6 and the 2 vets are the weakest of the lot which gives him a fighting chance if he ever decides to step up and win a comp.

He's a great F2 goat at the moment, so if he makes F2 he could say that he at least experienced everything BB has to offer as a super fan.

I'm happy Porsche evicted Jeff just to piss off Jeff fans*.. Jeff said he couldn't stand to be around Porsche.
He got his wish.

* I wasn't even thinking about posting anything like the above, but really... why the divisive comment?

That's how I feel and divisive is what we do here lately. To be fair, I also added other thoughts pertaining to his game to stay on topic.

Don't forget Porsche, Kalia and Shelly evicted Jeff too. It took a team effort. So rejoice!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 26th 2011, 9:40 pm

JulieChen Julie Chen
by RaganFox
Who would have thought Adam would outlast every other male HG 2 be the last man standing among 5 women? Go Uncle Fester! #CBSBigBrother

lol!
Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 28th 2011, 1:15 pm

I'm def. not an Adam fan but hope his family ok after the storm. I saw on CNN a photo of someone who looked like they could be related to adam walking a hoboken street. I'm not sure the photo posting rule here or I'd link it
Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 28th 2011, 1:20 pm

didn't adam also say his friends were about to get married in NJ? I came across nj dot com story linking a couple getting married in hoboken despite on coming storm Irene!! Good for them, going ahead with it!! Strong people!!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 28th 2011, 6:15 pm

Adam is a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 3:19 am

Adam is a very nice person inside and I am sure outside of BB, but I do not like the way he has played the game. He throws comps and plays both sides. Even though he appeared to be loyal to J/J/S at one time he still would have gravitated to Porche once she won HoH.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 5:11 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Adam is a very nice person inside and I am sure outside of BB, but I do not like the way he has played the game. He throws comps and plays both sides. Even though he appeared to be loyal to J/J/S at one time he still would have gravitated to Porsche once she won HoH.
Of course ... that's the floater's game and we've seen it many times before. It's not the style of game I respect but it is a style of game that can get you pretty far. It may even get Adam a win if he can get himself to final two against Porsche or Kalia.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 5:45 am

Adam will not win over Porche or Kalia IMO. If it came to either of those the newbies and B&R would vote for one of the other two with maybe the exception of it being personal feelings with J&J they might vote for him.
I heard him say he wanted to be in f2 chairs with Porche tonight and thought it was stupid on his part.
B&R will vote for Porche,(he wouldn't keep Brendan) and she has shown herself to be a competitor, Dani, Kalia and maybe even Jeff and Jordan by that time.
His best chance if any for the big money is with one of the vets next to him eliminating a vote and hoping the newbies and dislike for Rachel or anti giving Jordan another win unite and Dani feels the same.

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 5:54 am

Jordan vs Adam in final 2

What a conundrum that would put anti-floaters and Jordan anti-fans in.

anti-fans is my invention, I don't like the term haters cause I think it should be reserved for the really extreme. IMO
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 6:23 am

If Adam gets to the end, having won nothing more than a POV that was thrown to him by both Jeff and Daniele, Smile he deserves to win. roll on floor laughi

No kidding.

I really hope that Jeff, Brendon, Daniele and all the rest would sit back and say, "This floater had a damn good life vest. He deserves to win."
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 29th 2011, 6:32 am

The only way I see Adam getting to final two AND winning is if he wins at least two comps to get there. Unless he is against Rachel, I don't think he would have Dani's vote. Hopefully, Dani schooled all the newbie girls in the fact that a girl has never beaten a guy in the final 2.

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 3:17 am

Cousin_Jake wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Adam is a very nice person inside and I am sure outside of BB, but I do not like the way he has played the game. He throws comps and plays both sides. Even though he appeared to be loyal to J/J/S at one time he still would have gravitated to Porsche once she won HoH.
Of course ... that's the floater's game and we've seen it many times before. It's not the style of game I respect but it is a style of game that can get you pretty far. It may even get Adam a win if he can get himself to final two against Porsche or Kalia.

I happen to think floating is a strategy that some contestants are better at then others. I do not find that to be a negative, but when someone plays both sides and continues to throw comps it is a trait that bugs me as a fan.

I think Adam's only chance at winning against anyone left would be if he went against Porche. Even then she might win a few more HoH's or POV's and then I think he ends up being the F2 in that situation as well.

So Adam might be a good person to drag to the F2, but I don't think he will win. Now some of the reason why I think he might not win could be due to my own person opinion about the way he has played.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 6:25 am

Yes, Adam can win at final two if he manages to win the last HOH and picks the right person to take with him. It wouldn't be a good outcome for me because I don't enjoy that style of play but a win is a win. It would be as valid a win as any other.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 10:33 am

I admire those who win comps, but I also admire those who stay in the background and let the alpha dogs kill each other off. I don't think it is necessarily an easier game to play- it requires more finesse.

I do not agree with those who feel that the person who wins more comps deserves to win more- I think the person who makes it to the end by whatever means deserves to win. I enjoy watching both kinds of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 10:35 am

kmjm wrote:
I admire those who win comps, but I also admire those who stay in the background and let the alpha dogs kill each other off. I don't think it is necessarily an easier game to play- it requires more finesse.

I do not agree with those who feel that the person who wins more comps deserves to win more- I think the person who makes it to the end by whatever means deserves to win. I enjoy watching both kinds of gameplay.

tens tens tens

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 10:40 am

kmjm wrote:

You have a good point. I would just rather see a house of players playing balls to the wall to win every comp.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 10:58 am

kmjm wrote:

It worked for Kevin. He would have won BB11 if not for that final tie breaker question. He won a key pov the week of the coup. He won the F5 hoh to evict Jeff and the F4 veto to evict Michele. There's nothing wrong with playing the sidelines until it's time to step up and win comps.
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 11:01 am

mytwocents wrote:
kmjm wrote:

It worked for Kevin. He would have won BB11 if not for that final tie breaker question. He won a key pov the week of the coup. He won the F5 hoh to evict Jeff and the F4 veto to evict Michele. There's nothing wrong with playing the sidelines until it's time to step up and win comps.
Does the winner of final 5 hoh get to play in final 4 hoh?
Back to top Go down
sockpuppet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4794
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 11:02 am

To me, BB should be a more social game. That's how it started, and it's what made Will such a great player.

I've said it in other threads, and I believe it so much - I hate hate hate that fans and jurors have put SO much emphasis on competition wins as some kind of barometer of what a good player is.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4794
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 11:02 am

funnyhaha wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
kmjm wrote:

Does the winner of final 5 hoh get to play in final 4 hoh?

No, the Final 4 HOH gets to play in the Final 3 HOH.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 11:03 am

No, but they're eligible to play in the veto which was the case for Kevin.

The F4 hoh only guarantees they make F3. The F4 veto winner has all the power.
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 11:04 am

mytwocents wrote:
No, but they're eligible to play in the veto which was the case for Kevin.

The F4 hoh only guarantees they make F3. The F4 veto winner has all the power.

Thanks I read it wrong
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9250
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 1:02 pm

the social game has been the game play of choice the past few years, for me the best seasons 6-8 were my favorite because (to quote kay's above post) the players played balls to the wall...as far as will, well i personally can't stand the dude and thought he was straight up boring, but one thing i will give him is he played a social game and won yes, BUT he was a master manipulator he wasn't just social only.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 2:51 pm

Will's play in during season 2 has always been vastly overrated, IMO. He didn't manipulate anything. His win was a direct result of Nicole's miscalculation and had little to do with Will's skills. Nicole dragged him along because she thought the (non-sequestered) jury would like her more than they liked him and in fact they despised her constant drama, threats and histrionics. Will was nominated four times and was always used as the "pawn" to get the other person evicted. (No POV then)
Will's only move in the game occurred when he was the only vote during Monica's HOH and he had to choose to evict Nicole or Hardy. He made the right decision and evicted Hardy.

I think we all recognize the floater game style when we see it and if it gets that player to the end and they win then they've been successful. A win is a win. It's just not a game style that I enjoy or respect much but when they go home with the money I doubt they care.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 3:11 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Will's play in during season 2 has always been vastly overrated, IMO. He didn't manipulate anything. His win was a direct result of Nicole's miscalculation and had little to do with Will's skills. Nicole dragged him along because she thought the (non-sequestered) jury would like her more than they liked him and in fact they despised her constant drama, threats and histrionics. Will was nominated four times and was always used as the "pawn" to get the other person evicted. (No POV then)
Will's only move in the game occurred when he was the only vote during Monica's HOH and he had to choose to evict Nicole or Hardy. He made the right decision and evicted Hardy.

I think we all recognize the floater game style when we see it and if it gets that player to the end and they win then they've been successful. A win is a win. It's just not a game style that I enjoy or respect much but when they go home with the money I doubt they care.

season 2 i can agree with, but all-stars i think will was different. I do agree he is overrated, but when i say will played a social game, i just think he has added components then the social game winners of present.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 30th 2011, 3:15 pm

I totally give him credit for his BBAS play. Will was totally responsible for guiding Boogie to the win and even though he only got fourth place, he shared Boogie's winnings so he did pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 31st 2011, 6:12 pm

This is a pretty tricky week for Adam. No wonder he's stressed. He wants Rachel out but he seems unwilling to try to make a move himself to do it and he's made firm deals with P/K and with R/J. Does he really think he has a chance of winning or is he just trying to get to final two with his "I'll never win HOH and I'll vote however you want me to vote" game play and be satisfied with second place and a rep as the wimpiest player in BB history?
Adam's been a waste of space this season as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 31st 2011, 6:16 pm

I agree. I've been frustrated with Adam all season. I know floating and laying low are a strategy but come he's been a piece of furniture all season.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   August 31st 2011, 6:21 pm

he is truly boring and a complete waste if you ask me, i never really even think about him when thinking of this season.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 7:55 am

i am really reading right? adam on the live feeds last night
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 7:58 am

Adam will def not want to win this week or he will have to show his cards.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 8:00 am

Bolero wrote:

but it sounds to me from his talk last night he showed his cards? He is with J&R right?
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 8:15 am

Yep. Adam has chosen Jordan and Rachel... for now. He'll choose them for sure if they win HoH and/or PoV this week. You know... because he makes firm decisions and never flip flops.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 8:36 am

Adam won't try to win tonight. It will be battled out among Rachel, Jordan and Kalia. (If he does actually try to win and does win, I'll be shocked but pleasantly surprised.)
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 9:23 am

bergen wrote:
Bolero wrote:

but it sounds to me from his talk last night he showed his cards? He is with J&R right?

I don't think Porshe, Kalia or Shelly know that he has flopped to the side of the vets. I don't think Adam will want Porshe to know that he's not on her side until absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 10:13 am

I feel like Adam has taken over Shelly's role to push the vets to the end of the game. Maybe we should blame the DR more than the player. shoot_me
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 10:25 am

I have liked Adam all season. I enjoy his kind of game, the more subtle type of strategy. I don't understand why it is so despised by some.

Give Adam credit for making his own decisions. If he had supported Dani rather than Jeff would that make him less of a "complete waste"?
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 10:25 am

I like Adam as a person, he's someone I'd like to know in real life. I'll reserve my judgement of his game play until the end. If he wins this season (I know it's unlikely) then obviously he did what he needed to do to win THIS season.

That's one of my favorite parts of BB, the dynamics of the different house guests each season dictates what kind of game play is the most successful. For instance, being a floater last season wouldn't have got you past the final 5.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 10:27 am

kmjm wrote:
I have liked Adam all season. I enjoy his kind of game, the more subtle type of strategy. I don't understand why it is so despised by some.

Give Adam credit for making his own decisions. If he had supported Dani rather than Jeff would that make him less of a "complete waste"?

I never thought of him as a waste. In fact, I have stated that I would have loved to see a newbie final four and Adam to sit in the final 2. But this flip flopping definitely lands him in third place. Why? Rachel and Jordan feel that Daniele will not vote for a vet, so why wouldn't they force the issue and have two vets sitting side by side?
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Adam   September 1st 2011, 11:12 am

kmjm wrote:

Yes. All of the Adam disappointment comes from his lack of support for Dani and the fact that he voted her out.

Rolling Eyes

Oh, and Adam's 'gameplay' is hardly subtle - it's non-existent, especially for a so-called student of the game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam   

Back to top Go down

Adam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: