Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:21 pm

WTH is wrong with people? Seriously? Are they insane?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:21 pm

KayS wrote:
KayS wrote:
Odin wrote:
I just checked twitter and a fan was going off on Kalia about her article. Checked the profile, and the person was a parent. That's disturbing to me. Very disturbing.

Did they tweet Kalia directly? I don't see it.

Nevermind. I see it. Call themselves Jejofan1. Jeff and Jordan don't want or need fans like that whackjob.

They don't always tweet kalia Dani and Porsche directly they tweet each other about how awful they are and at the end put their twitter names in the post so D/K/P see it they also tweet Dom saying he's not with Dani because he's really gay
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:25 pm

What a sad life that tweeter must have. Geez, some people!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:25 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
That is Kalia's opinion and feelings but IMO I think her blog is just a tad over the top...especially this comment.
Apparently, all you need to do is spend your summer on a reality show to find out how ignorant much of the country still is.

And I don't think she should insinuate that there is still a lot of ignorance/racism in much of our country towards black people, hello?... if that was the case we wouldn't have elected a young black man as our President.

Sorry, I think she is a tad bit of a drama queen.

I believe if someone was asking about her hair it was probably because they liked her beautiful black hair and wondered how she kept it so straight and silky...but she took it another way.
I don't think there was one person on BB13 that would keep asking about her hair only because she was a black woman.
Gimme a break!

Kalia, don't blame how badly you were treated on being black...you went on a reality show that has some of the cruelest people for fans.
Ask Janelle, Dani, Jen J, Jordan, Rachel, Lydia, Michele and every single female that has been on BB.
They all have some nasty haters...not just you.
And the nasty BB fans do not make up "much of America"...thank God!!!

Oh wilde... just as sweet and naive as ever. You live in the northeast. Come down where I live. I'll show you racism. It's alive and well.
Maybe I should send you some pictures some people make of our "young black man" President.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 8:02 pm

How sad...some people are so rude and ignorant. Personally, I just can't believe that months later people are still upset with things that former hgs did or said while playing a game on a reality show.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 9:27 pm

Lori wrote:
See the thing with Dani is people either loved her or hated her. Dani hate was quite extreme at times. Kalia may believe that Dani got nothing but love but that certainly is not the reality.

I asked her if the 'nothing but love' comment about her closest friends was meant for Dani. I told her that Dani probably got the second most hate (after Shelly) since they went against Jordeff. She said "nope".

Then I threw out Jordeff's name, joking that D/P/D/L would be mad that they aren't her closest friends and she said "I did not say that either".

I think Cassi and Dom were the ones she thought only received love, and the did-nothing-but-bat-eyelashes was certainly Cassi.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 12:21 am

This is a slippery slope, potentially- but it's good to have this dialogue. My SIL is biracial- my nieces and nephews "look" white, my SIL doesn't. I've seen her followed by store detectives and have her kids friends think she was the maid(she's a lawyer). AND I live on the East Coast. I think there's a lot more surface tolerance, but still (mostly) covert racism. I understand kalia gets sick of being a "teacher" , but it's just part of the dialogue. We don't know, we ask questions. I disliked Kalia not for any "yessir, mastuh" way that I expected her to jive her way to Julie Chen- that's a bit offensive that Kalia wrote that; but more than being offensive, it's mostly not true. Yes, I'm sure there were racists that on sight said of Kalia "I hate that ******", but it's more complicated than that. She was often Not likable, to me. She was often far too fascinated with herself, to me. She seemed to have a tendency to NOT really listen. I liked her pluck and winning challenges under pressure- that I can root for. I still think she has a total right to blog her feelings, and it's good- but hopefully she'll listen a little. If I appreciate her blog yet think it's flawed, it's not because I'm a hater- it's just because I think it's more complicated than that.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 4:30 am

ranjake wrote:
This is a slippery slope, potentially- but it's good to have this dialogue. My SIL is biracial- my nieces and nephews "look" white, my SIL doesn't. I've seen her followed by store detectives and have her kids friends think she was the maid(she's a lawyer). AND I live on the East Coast. I think there's a lot more surface tolerance, but still (mostly) covert racism. I understand kalia gets sick of being a "teacher" , but it's just part of the dialogue. We don't know, we ask questions. I disliked Kalia not for any "yessir, mastuh" way that I expected her to jive her way to Julie Chen- that's a bit offensive that Kalia wrote that; but more than being offensive, it's mostly not true. Yes, I'm sure there were racists that on sight said of Kalia "I hate that ******", but it's more complicated than that. She was often Not likable, to me. She was often far too fascinated with herself, to me. She seemed to have a tendency to NOT really listen. I liked her pluck and winning challenges under pressure- that I can root for. I still think she has a total right to blog her feelings, and it's good- but hopefully she'll listen a little. If I appreciate her blog yet think it's flawed, it's not because I'm a hater- it's just because I think it's more complicated than that.

I agree with you, Ranjake, I think her blog oversimplifies things and tries to play up certain aspects that just aren't true. It's an op piece, and that's fine, but exaggerating the truth or downright adding certain instances that no one witnessed is just weird to me. I was never a fan of Kalia, and I'm still not, and it all came down to how she presented herself in the house, and how she continues to present herself in interviews and pieces like this. Sometimes I feel like she and I witnessed two different realities. She has this very high opinion of herself and is very intolerant of other view points, which is why I'm mixed on the article. I'm aware that she DID experience racism outside the game, but inside the house, it was nowhere to be found while the feeds were on otherwise I'd assume it would have been posted and talked about all over. The worst thing I can remember happening to Kalia that was race related was when Shelly went around the house twisting her words, and they got over that issue very quickly. It's not a similar situation as to what Ragan went through where we have open and shut cases of his orientation being used against him or used to mock/bash him (by those in the house). If anything, Kalia's weight and mouth (mostly her mouth) were others' weapon of choice when attacking her.

What WAS missing from this article is some of Kalia's own intolerance towards Keith and his beliefs and how she typically made things into race issues (the "blackies" shoe issue she had with Adam over Jeff's slippers) or joked about race all the time. It's like she forgot about it altogether. I'm glad she opened the dialogue and is talking about what she felt, but I wish she were just a little more honest with herself and us because, imo, she's still ignoring certain things that have and did happen and how she contributed to how she's perceived. I don't like how she's placing most of the blame on racism when there are other people (women and men of several orientations, ethnics, and cultures) who were bashed just as bad as her or worse who didn't cling to the simplest answer as excuses for why they were disliked. Some of them, at least, realized they were part of the problem and acknowledged that.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 9:26 am

Oowatanite wrote:
Lori wrote:
See the thing with Dani is people either loved her or hated her. Dani hate was quite extreme at times. Kalia may believe that Dani got nothing but love but that certainly is not the reality.

I asked her if the 'nothing but love' comment about her closest friends was meant for Dani. I told her that Dani probably got the second most hate (after Shelly) since they went against Jordeff. She said "nope".

Then I threw out Jordeff's name, joking that D/P/D/L would be mad that they aren't her closest friends and she said "I did not say that either".

I think Cassi and Dom were the ones she thought only received love, and the did-nothing-but-bat-eyelashes was certainly Cassi.

That makes sense that she was talking about Cassi and Dom. Kalia also needs to remember that both of them left the house early. There's less hate attached to the houseguests that are booted early.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 10:06 am

Just read a bunch of this person's tweets ... wow, what an obsessed freak. Sad and pathetic.

@jejofan1 Maine
Wife mother of 2 boys....Huge Jeff/Jordan fan!!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 10:45 am

That's the kind of fan that J/J could do without! I just don't get the lengths some people will go to with their 'fandom' - they do more harm than good with their obsession.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 12:05 pm

thing is what does J&J have to do with Kalia at all anymore?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 12:15 pm

bergen wrote:

You talking about Kalia's article or that crazy fan if your talking about the crazy fan their hate never makes sense and J/J have nothing logically to do with it
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 12:15 pm

bergen wrote:

Not a damn thing except in the minds of some obsessed people.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 5:34 pm

Just checked over on jokers and then twitter: Jun was apparently not impressed by Kalia's blog. I've yet to read the comment she left in the comment section.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 5:57 pm

Did anyone check Jun and Kalia tweets. Pretty good! Lol
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 7:01 pm

i understand why some unfollow Jun
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 7:28 pm

gatormator23 wrote:
Did anyone check Jun and Kalia tweets. Pretty good! Lol

Just read them. Oh Jun, why must you make me love you again.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 7:33 pm

it's people like jun that make me with i had tourettes so i could call her what i would like to call her and get away with it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 8:45 pm

Jun came off looking like a "mean girl" in her tweets. Kalia was polite. I unfollowed Jun because she never shut up (tweet-wise) and half of her tweets are making fun of random people. She'd snap picture of strangers and then make fun of them. I couldn't take it anymore.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 10th 2011, 8:49 pm

I am bored with both of them.
Back to top Go down
EvelGwen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 11th 2011, 8:35 pm

love what Jun said about Kalia's blog......

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 11th 2011, 10:27 pm

And Jun went to Jokers and loved spreading more nastiness. Yuck
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 11th 2011, 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 11th 2011, 11:49 pm

if I were Kalia, I'd stop giving Jun attention because Jun is the type of woman that'll strike back if she feels challenged... or if it'll interest her in ANY way.

Kalia vs. Jun for All Stars 2... but both of them would have to leave fairly early for me to watch it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 12:04 am

Odin wrote:
if I were Kalia, I'd stop giving Jun attention because Jun is the type of woman that'll strike back if she feels challenged... or if it'll interest her in ANY way.

Kalia vs. Jun for All Stars 2... but both of them would have to leave fairly early for me to watch it. Very Happy

kalia blocked her if kalia doesn't go and look for whatever jun says she won't ever see it
Back to top Go down
BarbaraAnn
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 12:33 am

scottep_32 wrote:
Odin wrote:

kalia blocked her if kalia doesn't go and look for whatever jun says she won't ever see it
Oh, I bet helpful people will tell her, she might not need to actually go look for it.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 12:40 am

BarbaraAnn wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
Odin wrote:

Oh, I bet helpful people will tell her, she might not need to actually go look for it.

Helpful = Douchey
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 8:15 am

Jun has a HUGE need for attention, any attention.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 9:14 am

I didn't care for Kaila (as a player) but not for any of the reasons she thinks. Last I checked that's still allowed. She talked endlessly about nothing and played as bad a HOH as possible. Getting her partner evicted because she refused to post Jordan while going after Jeff was just dumb play, and sorry but I'm not rooting for dumb play.

People who write about skin, hair, weight, gender or who someone loves are idiots and I'm not taking ownership of their views, and I'm not taking ownwership of the behavior of the obsessed few because I love the game. If I'm spending money on a european vacation it's because me and my family are taking it.

I like Jordan and think Jeff's obnoxious, LOVED Janelle and thought Kaysar was boring. I enjoyed watching Will, hated watching Boogie.
It's a game to me.

Last edited by was on November 12th 2011, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 9:20 am

Remember Revenge of the Houseguests? Still continuing to this day. Ex hgs turned into critics.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/_show/_w05/revenge_blog.php

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother7/show/wk10/revenge_blog.php
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 12th 2011, 3:39 pm

was wrote:
I didn't care for Kaila (as a player) but not for any of the reasons she thinks. Last I checked that's still allowed. She talked endlessly about nothing and played as bad a HOH as possible. Getting her partner evicted because she refused to post Jordan while going after Jeff was just dumb play, and sorry but I'm not rooting for dumb play.

People who write about skin, hair, weight, gender or who someone loves are idiots and I'm not taking ownership of their views, and I'm not taking ownership of the behavior of the obsessed few because I love the game. If I'm spending money on a European vacation it's because me and my family are taking it.
I like Jordan and think Jeff's obnoxious, LOVED Janelle and thought Kaysar was boring. I enjoyed watching Will, hated watching Boogie.
It's a game to me.
I agree ... I think that Kalia had a couple of good game moments this summer but her horrendous move as HOH in not using Jordan as the replacement nominee in order to ensure Rachel's eviction was as bad as it gets.
I totally second the bolded part. If I'm going to like or not like a BB player it will be because of their willingness to make game moves, their competitiveness and their personality. (and I have complete disdain for obsessed fans, no matter who they're obsessing about and no matter whether they're showering their obsession with love or hate. The "relationships" they appear to think they have with their targets of choice are parasocial interactions, nothing more.)
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 22nd 2011, 3:42 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
was wrote:

People who write about skin, hair, weight, gender or who someone loves are idiots and I'm not taking ownership of their views, and I'm not taking ownership of the behavior of the obsessed few because I love the game. If I'm spending money on a European vacation it's because me and my family are taking it.
It's a game to me.
I agree ... I think that Kalia had a couple of good game moments this summer but her horrendous move as HOH in not using Jordan as the replacement nominee in order to ensure Rachel's eviction was as bad as it gets.
I totally second the bolded part. If I'm going to like or not like a BB player it will be because of their willingness to make game moves, their competitiveness and their personality. (and I have complete disdain for obsessed fans, no matter who they're obsessing about and no matter whether they're showering their obsession with love or hate. The "relationships" they appear to think they have with their targets of choice are parasocial interactions, nothing more.)

good posting

I just real Kalia's blog and all the comments. I know she's received many horrible comments, especially on Twitter. I've ranted about those myself. IMO Big Brother fans, as a whole, are not racist or ignorant. We all respect players for good game play and criticize when the game play is bad. Race never enters the equation, as far as I'm concerned.

For some reason, this past season seemed to bring out all the crazies on Twitter, Facebook and some message boards. I was embarrassed when Shelly's family was threatened eventhough I had nothing to do with it. I've never read such cruel things as I did about Shelly. IMO Kalia didn't receive nearly as much hate as Shelly did.

I do agree that Kalia may be reaching about the racism on the show. Most of us watch the feeds 24/7 and I never saw or heard anything even remotely racist being said or done. Did any of you?

IMO Kalia is correct about some of the twitter, facebook, message board comments being racist. I do not think she was treated any differently on the show or by the majority of fans because she's black. I think she's using that as a way of explaining away some of the comments about her that she doesn't like.

In the comments after her article, most people told her they didn't like her on BB because of her singing, talking too much and eating while talking. They were honest about how annoying she was on the live feeds. None of that has anything to do with race.

IMO she has valid reasons to be angry about all the racist comments and also any comments about her weight. Those types of comments are just wrong. I do not think she has a valid case for claiming racism on the show.

Although as "they" say 'Perception is Reality" and her perception is that she was descriminated against because she is a black woman. My perception is that she was criticized about some of her behavior on BB,none of which had anything to do with race. I would never do that and most BB fans don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 22nd 2011, 4:37 pm

The only thing that could be perceived that way by Kalia was a purple room conversation between Shelly and Kalia... about her education, her good speech etc.
It was done with good intentions I think, but it may have brought up some past hurts she has suffered. It's a real insult to say to a black person, " you don't sound black".
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 22nd 2011, 4:51 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
The only thing that could be perceived that way by Kalia was a purple room conversation between Shelly and Kalia... about her education, her good speech etc.
It was done with good intentions I think, but it may have brought up some past hurts she has suffered. It's a real insult to say to a balck person, " you don't sound black".

Did Shelly say that to Kalia? If she did, that's horrible!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 22nd 2011, 4:54 pm

Shug wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
It was done with good intentions I think, but it may have brought up some past hurts she has suffered. It's a real insult to say to a balck person, " you don't sound black".

No! not exactly. As I said, it was with good intentions. She complimented her on her education. I can't remember exactly what was said, but at the time I thought..."Uh oh, that could be perceived as insulting"
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 23rd 2011, 12:49 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Shug wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

No! not exactly. As I said, it was with good intentions. She complimented her on her education. I can't remember exactly what was said, but at the time I thought..."Uh oh, that could be perceived as insulting"

I thought Shelley was really respectful and asked Kalia about her life in a very "I really want to know" way. How many times do we hear from someone "I wish they would just ask me"...like when someone has a disfigurement, or a different culture, or whatever. Well, I thought that Shelley did that. She never grew up as a black girl, so she truly wanted to know.

I get so tired of people trying to turn every single word ever spoken about race as a racial remark. Maybe I have my head in the sand, but I see alot of more "reverse racism" on a daily basis. (for example, a recent incident in our city - a black church/community recently hired a white woman who had the right background and qualifications for the job...but when the people of that community/organization found out a white person got the job, they got her dismissed because she wasn't black. Ummm, did they not see she was white when they hired her and had her move half way across the country??)

Anyway, I digress...I didn't see anything wrong with what Shelley did, but some people will always look for racism, whether it's there or not.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 23rd 2011, 4:45 pm

Until you can walk a mile in her shoes, or any black persons for that matter, it's not really up to us to decide what is perceived as racial. I get tired of white people dismissing it.
To say you see a lot more reverse racism on a "daily basis" is ...well an obvious exaggeration or else you truly do have your head in the sand.

Wait a minute, aren't you living in Canada?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 23rd 2011, 6:42 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Until you can walk a mile in her shoes, or any black persons for that matter, it's not really up to us to decide what is perceived as racial. I get tired of white people dismissing it.
To say you see a lot more reverse racism on a "daily basis" is ...well an obvious exaggeration or else you truly do have your head in the sand.

Wait a minute, aren't you living in Canada?

good posting as always!

Of course you know me too well, Nancy, and I don't get/understand any type of racism or gay hate...but it is how my parents were and where I was brought up (small city northeast of Boston) and where I live now (very, very small town northeast of Boston).
We just don't see/hear about a lot of racism of any kind around here.

Massachusetts RULES when it comes to anti racism and anti gay hate...but it doesn't rule when it comes to taxes though! lol!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 23rd 2011, 7:04 pm

these are kalia's thoughts/feelings and observations...and the thing with kalia is she didn't run around all summer or post season screaming racism, in fact the only time i have seen her mention it is in this blog which she was obviously asked to write about for this website...to dismiss as nancy said her feelings is sad...
being from philly and how i was raised i also didn't see the many types of racism that exists out there, but after having a bi-racial son, and raising him a predominantly white philadelphia neighborhood... i can tell you it's out there, and it is ugly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   

Back to top Go down

Kalia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: