Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:14 pm

That's weird. She did win $5,000. She should just use that. lol!
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:17 pm

Lori wrote:
That's weird. She did win $5,000. She should just use that. lol!

BOOM!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 4:40 pm

I could be wrong, but i think i remember seeing somewhere that the charity finds people to "sponser" the flights for the reality people.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 29th 2011, 11:09 pm

Kalia seems to have an obsessed hater who tells her really mean things, and that person's avatar is of Kalia scrunched up in the DR with her hands kinda pulling on the sides of her face, crying. After multiple hate tweets to Kalia minutes before, here was her response tonight, which was retweeted by Chelsia:

kaliabalia Kalia
@ @JessumHarington my cheek bones look amazing in ur avatar. @ChelsiaHart wld pay for em!

bravo , Kalia, bravo !!

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 30th 2011, 8:35 am

Good for her. People who tweet that crap are disturbed. I really think in the future a psychiatrist will be able to read someone's tweets and come up with a diagnosis. lol!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 30th 2011, 9:31 am

He/she only made 12 tweets. All nasty remarks about Kalia. Following no one.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 3:08 pm

I read some of the nasty tweets to Kahlia last night and I can't believe people do this, especially the racist remarks. She handled it very well imo. These idiots need to get a life and leave the internet. Nobody should be that upset with a HG. I feel sorry for Kahlia having to deal with this ignorance on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 5:25 pm

i am not a fan of kalia. but it is annoying how ppl go out of their way when they dislike someone...I barely have time for ppl/things/events i do like I could never waste it on what I do not what the f*

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 5:29 pm

Shug wrote:
I read some of the nasty tweets to Kahlia last night and I can't believe people do this, especially the racist remarks. She handled it very well imo. These idiots need to get a life and leave the internet. Nobody should be that upset with a HG. I feel sorry for Kahlia having to deal with this ignorance on a daily basis.

That is indeed completely unnecessary. The game is almost a month old now. People need to find something else to do and focus all that pent up anger into something that matters. This is also why I wanted Kalia and Rachel to become friendly after the show because Kalia, not know she had entered into the same territory, used to mock Rach. They have even more common ground now.
Back to top Go down
lovepeacehappiness
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 7:14 pm

Eh I could see Rachel/Kalia being friends eventually but Rachel hasn't gone to any of the reality events yet. Hell I could even see Rachel/dani being friends in a year or two. Reason being when you look at a lot of bb contestants in recent seasons the people who they end up keeping in touch with from their seasons a couple years down the line are the people they hated most in the house rather than those they were close with lol.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 9:12 pm

Other than a few bitter former HG's it seems most of them become friendly after the season is over and some time passes.

I predict most of BB13 HG's will eventually be cordial to one another. I hope so. I'd hate for them to repeat the behavior of some other former HG's with the bitterness, jealousy and snarky remarks that make them look petty imo.

If any group has the ability to get along later, I think this one will. Overall they seemed to like one another at different points in the game, so I think there is hope.

group hug
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 4th 2011, 9:19 pm

I had heard that Kalia just said in a chat that anything she said was warranted, she would apologize for nothing? Is that true? Because if so, I think she's certainly wrong. She has a lot of haters, and they're disgusting- even using the "N" word. I hope she doesn't give them the time of day. I definitely think Dani, Rachel, and Brendon will be friendly sooner rather than later. They had a base of friendship to start out with, and Rachel is very forgiving, and Dani seems to be as well. As far as the rest, I hope they are not bitter, and not everyone has to be best friends.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   October 5th 2011, 7:14 am

Kalia needs to block those idiots and not give them the time of day.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 2:07 pm

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:19 pm

It's hard for me to comment as I'm not black, I can't walk in Kalia's shoes. I know her criticisms have at times been racist and I hate that. I cheered for Kalia at times, but did dislike a lot about her on the show- but I don't think it had anything to do with her color. I feel badly that she's had such a bad experience. I HAVE seen lots of randonm hate towards her caucasian castmates, though. It's good that she can blog about her feelings.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:29 pm

I wish she would have named names instead of said "a houseguest", lol. I want to know who she was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:34 pm

I've been trying to get her to spill some names on twitter but she's not biting.

I can only assume that Cassi is the one who got nothing but praise, even though Kalia had mentioned 'closest friends'. Maybe Dom too ?? I didn't think that Cassi and Kalia were that close.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:35 pm

It's a pretty powerful piece of writing and it's from her viewpoint.
People who say there is no racism in the US are blind and/or ignorant...or worse a racist at heart. Same thing with slams about gay people.

She would have gotten slams about her weight no matter her color.
Prejudice against women who aren't a size 2 is rampant and somewhat accepted in our society. The last accepted bigotry.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:36 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
I've been trying to get her to spill some names on twitter but she's not biting.

I can only assume that Cassi is the one who got nothing but praise, even though Kalia had mentioned 'closest friends'. Maybe Dom too ?? I didn't think that Cassi and Kalia were that close.

I figured it was Jordan since she mentioned batting eyelashes and presents. The make-up could be Cassi or Rachel.

Of course she won't mention Jordan or Jeff's name. She would be attacked even more
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:43 pm

thanks for bringing that over...great read...i always enjoy hearing HG views on BB no matter if I liked them or not(and I liked Kalia)...unfortunately she will get slammed or made fun of for this article
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:43 pm

Bless her heart, some of the after show hatred has been truly appalling. Usually you see that sort of stuff on Sucks and Jokers, but it has hit facebook with the hate pages and other sites. Sad reality.

Thank you Nancy for keeping this a positive site we don't have to be ashamed if a houseguest sees it or not. Of course they have to expect not all sugary sweetness, but definitely no hate.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:50 pm

I brought up very early in the season that I feared for how Kalia would be welcomed by the BB fandom because of how she came off with the extreme attachments to Jordan and then Dani, especially after she made some ignorant comments about Keith. I wasn't shocked when I saw some very racist comments starting to crop up by week 2, and that's very sad for me to say because there are people out there who like to pretend racism and discrimination don't still exist. It still does, and it will for a while.

Reading Kalia's article, I'm a bit confused about some of her assertions.

Quote :
Yet, sure enough, I was the one fielding all the questions again. I wasn’t all that surprised to hear certain houseguests make comments about how well I spoke, how I must’ve been trained in something to speak so well. The guy who always called me “Sister Act” didn’t faze me. I barely flinched when a certain girl spent the entire season asking me endless facts about my hair. This was normal in my world–being labeled the diva in the house despite the flamboyant gay guy who had a different pair of sunglasses for everyday of the week or the girl who had more cosmetics and skin cleansers than the make up counters of Bloomingdales, Macy’s, and Nordstrom combined. Yup, I was the high maintenance one somehow. But again, I expected all of this. It’s par for the course in our modern, “post-racism” society. What I wasn’t prepared for was what happened after the show wrapped.

Some of these things I don't remember happening or even reading about it... anywhere. I recall Shelly and Kalia's talk about race and hair, and I do recall how Kalia sometimes had to clarify things for the HGs, but she wasn't the one fielding questions all summer about all things black. That topic only came up occasionally, so I guess some stuff went down week 1? I do recall Kalia being labeled a diva OUTSIDE the house because of how she presented herself in her commercials, interviews, and in-game actions. It had nothing to do with her race, so I do take umbrage with that statement.

Regardless, she's saying the same thing Ragan said last year about how he is not a representation for the whole gay community and is only presenting himself. I feel bad that Kalia, and any of the HGs, are still getting any sort of hate this many months removed from the game, but some fans just refuse to let things go. Hopefully, as time rolls on, Kalia starts to get better treatment in the BB community because no one deserves to be bashed non-stop for playing a game.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:51 pm

Oowatanite wrote:

Keep trying, lol. I am really curious.

I cannot believe they invaded her Facebook with that crap. People truly are insane.
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 3:53 pm

Her close friends who are getting love mail, fansites, and gifts are obviously Dani and Dom. The batting eyelash comment could be Jordan but I don't think she considers Jordan one of her closest friends from the show.

Interesting read. Everything she says is valid in that it's her opinion and how she felt, but I disagree that she got more hate due to her race. There have been MANY other past HGs who are white and have gotten far worse (Maggie, Amber, etc.). I also think she's ignoring the fact that ALL the HGs get vile hatred spewed at them during and post-BB, including the fan favorites like Dani, Dick, Janelle, Jeff, Jordan. But if she truly doesn't read the boards, she probably doesn't realize that.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 4:03 pm

Oowatanite wrote:

I was thinking she was making mention of Dani and Porsche. Kalia was of the mindset that Porsche did next to nothing for most of the game, and Dani did get a lot of praise. Dom was also well received. Those are her closest BB friends. Oh, and Lawon, but I don't know what's going on with him.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 4:10 pm

See the thing with Dani is people either loved her or hated her. Dani hate was quite extreme at times. Kalia may believe that Dani got nothing but love but that certainly is not the reality.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 4:18 pm

I'm sure she was hurt by the I hate Kalia Booker facebook page. The remark about being called Cowila came from there, they loved to use it along with porkchop and bitch to name a couple. I always amazed people would put such hatred on facebook on their OWN names, click their page and they had kids, friends,etc. Yuck to the hatred.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 4:28 pm

Kay - I never saw that Facebook. Do you know who made it? People actually commented on it with their real names? OMG!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 5:26 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
It's a pretty powerful piece of writing and it's from her viewpoint.
People who say there is no racism in the US are blind and/or ignorant...or worse a racist at heart. Same thing with slams about gay people.

She would have gotten slams about her weight no matter her color.
Prejudice against women who aren't a size 2 is rampant and somewhat accepted in our society. The last accepted bigotry.
I agree. An overweight man is never ridiculed to the same degree whether they're a celebrity or the guy next door.
(I think the make-up, skin cleanser comment was about Rachel. Lol)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 5:56 pm

That is Kalia's opinion and feelings but IMO I think her blog is just a tad over the top...especially this comment.
Apparently, all you need to do is spend your summer on a reality show to find out how ignorant much of the country still is.

And I don't think she should insinuate that there is still a lot of ignorance/racism in much of our country towards black people, hello?... if that was the case we wouldn't have elected a young black man as our President.

Sorry, I think she is a tad bit of a drama queen.

I believe if someone was asking about her hair it was probably because they liked her beautiful black hair and wondered how she kept it so straight and silky...but she took it another way.
I don't think there was one person on BB13 that would keep asking about her hair only because she was a black woman.
Gimme a break!

Kalia, don't blame how badly you were treated on being black...you went on a reality show that has some of the cruelest people for fans.
Ask Janelle, Dani, Jen J, Jordan, Rachel, Lydia, Michele and every single female that has been on BB.
They all have some nasty haters...not just you.
And the nasty BB fans do not make up "much of America"...thank God!!!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:01 pm

Lori wrote:
Kay - I never saw that Facebook. Do you know who made it? People actually commented on it with their real names? OMG!

No idea who made it, but it's alive and thriving. Whether or not Kalia was receiving racist comments or not there is NO excuse for over the top hatred as far as I am concerned. I wish fans would look at it as a learning experience, Kalia was HURT by the comments, would you want someone making the same comments to your child, your sister, your cousin?
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:03 pm

It's still there?????? OMG wth is wrong with Facebook? They should not allow a hate site with their name attached to it remain.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:06 pm

KayS wrote:
Lori wrote:

No idea who made it, but it's alive and thriving. Whether or not Kalia was receiving racist comments or not there is NO excuse for over the top hatred as far as I am concerned. I wish fans would look at it as a learning experience, Kalia was HURT by the comments, would you want someone making the same comments to your child, your sister, your cousin?

I actually like that they now spew their nasty hate on Facebook, Kay, rather than on Twitter/Sucksters/Jokers where they hide under a BB name.

Only because their real life friends, family members and co-workers can see just how nasty and crazy they really are.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:09 pm

Lori wrote:
It's still there?????? OMG wth is wrong with Facebook? They should not allow a hate site with their name attached to it remain.

I think Kalia has to report it to Facebook to get it deleted...I think that is what Shelly did.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:10 pm

I just checked twitter and a fan was going off on Kalia about her article. Checked the profile, and the person was a parent. That's disturbing to me. Very disturbing.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:10 pm

Lori wrote:

There are many, the one for Shelly is still there, there is one for Dani, Kalia and Porsche together, probably others too.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:16 pm

Odin wrote:
I just checked twitter and a fan was going off on Kalia about her article. Checked the profile, and the person was a parent. That's disturbing to me. Very disturbing.

that's that one crazy jeff and jordan fan that was sending hateful tweets to Dani a little while ago and a couple brenchel fans begging Dom not to have anything to do with Dani
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:16 pm

Odin wrote:

Did they tweet Kalia directly? I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:18 pm

KayS wrote:
Odin wrote:

Search kalia's twitter name kaliabalia without the @ and select all tweets
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   November 9th 2011, 6:18 pm

KayS wrote:
Odin wrote:

Nevermind. I see it. Call themselves Jejofan1. Jeff and Jordan don't want or need fans like that whackjob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   

Back to top Go down

Kalia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: