Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 10:36 am

Odin wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
Odin wrote:
Was reading that other site, and it seems someone reported Kalia to PETA.......

What site? (I'm not being purposely obtuse)

Jokers.

Thanks. I wonder if PETA will release a "statement". Rolling Eyes

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 10:44 am

Kalia has to be one of the worst strategists, this season.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 12:26 pm

REally?

People need to Knock their shit off.

catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 5:31 pm

Her farting during last nights episode made me laugh. How old am I? lol!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 5:35 pm

catty wrote:

Especially when she denied it! LOL, did they have a mic right by her butt.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 6:06 pm

Well since no one is cheering for Kalia, I guess I will.. go Kalia....
whoopee.

( would can if she lost though)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 6:35 pm

if it's a pie eating contest she would blow everyone out of the water. She's been training with Porsche all summer
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 6:37 pm

catty wrote:

I was LMAO also, my girls watched last night too and were cracking up of course they are kids LOL!
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 6:38 pm

lovin wrote:
catty wrote:

I was LMAO also, my girls watched last night too and were cracking up of course they are kids LOL!

Kalia doesn't fart....she told us so herself
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 6:42 pm

funnyhaha wrote:
lovin wrote:
catty wrote:

Kalia doesn't fart....she told us so herself

yeah and I'm a virgin.
Back to top Go down
Seba
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 1st 2011, 7:08 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Well since no one is cheering for Kalia, I guess I will.. go Kalia....
whoopee.

( would can if she lost though)

I wouldn't go so far as to cheer her on since I want Porsche to go this week and it would be even less likely to happen with Kalia in charge, but I do have to say I do like Kalia and wouldn't mind her going further. She's not perfect to say the least, the thing with her dog is not good imo, but I don't think she's a bad person at all.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 2nd 2011, 2:28 am

gatormator23 wrote:
Kalia has to be one of the worst strategists, this season.

I agree. If she doesn't win the POV this week they will vote her out.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 5th 2011, 1:11 am

catty wrote:

Don't feel bad, we were dying laughing....
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 8th 2011, 6:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 8th 2011, 6:51 pm

Kahlia left the show with grace and dignity. She also looked very pretty. I was not a huge fan of hers but do think she played the game from day 1. I wish her the best in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 8th 2011, 6:53 pm

Shug - I absolutely agree with you!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 9th 2011, 4:33 am

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/4659-big-brother-13-exclusive-interview-with-kalia-booker

Big Brother 13: Exclusive Interview with Kalia Booker

Quote :

Kalia may not have played the strongest physical game in the Big Brother house this season but what she did do well was form a solid alliance and made no enemies (with perhaps the exception of Jeff). She had hoped for newbies to make it to the end together but Adam kept his allegiance to Jordan and Rachel, which ultimately led to her exit from the game. Today, we caught up with Kalia in an exclusive interview about her experiences playing Big Brother.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What made you want to play Big Brother and try out for the show?
A. Kalia: I'd been watching it for such a long time. It was mine and my aunt's guilty pleasure and we'd always talk about what we would do if we were in the game. I spent so much time yelling out at the houseguests while watching past seasons that I figured it was time to go on and put my money where my mouth was.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: We didn't get to see too much of your partnership with Lawon. Can you fill us in on your relationship with him?
A. Kalia: That's surprising because Lawon and I were close. Our relationship started out very rocky because I caught him in a lie that involved me and I wanted him gone. I also felt I was linked up with one of the weaker players in the game which made it hard. But once the sides of the house were clearly drawn, we had a very candid conversation about what had happened and how we could play together. But on a personal level, Lawon and I totally connected and always had fun together.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You said one of the biggest mistakes you made was trusting the wrong people at the wrong times. Were you only talking about Adam or were there others as well that led to your demise in the game?
A. Kalia: Absolutely. Shelly was a big one. I trusted her on and off and it was hard for me to believe she was as big of a liar as she was. And Rachel. I trusted her in the end that she would keep me and I flat out asked Jordan after the Veto if I could trust Rachel. I guess they were both lying.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You were very emotional after losing the veto competition this week. What upset you the most?
A. Kalia: That I didn't save myself. That I knew all the answers to all the questions but couldn't find the pie fast enough. And that if I couldn't take myself off the block, my chances of staying on the block were very small. And I knew Adam probably wouldn't use the Veto.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Were you surprised that someone voted for you to stay in the house and that it came down to Rachel to decide who was evicted?
A. Kalia: Jordan had asked me if she could vote with the house, and I said yes, but in the final moments I knew I had to fight and make pleas and wanted to appeal to them one last time. I was a little surprised and for half a second, I thought I might stay but Rachel was Rachel at the end of the day.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was the best part about playing Big Brother?
A. Kalia: The genuine, funny connecting conversations that you had at 3am with people who wound up becoming some of your closest friends. And let's be honest, the competitions are so creative, they are awesome. Nerve-racking, but awesome.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 9th 2011, 4:36 am

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/09/big-brother-13s-kalia-rachel-is-probably-the-strongest-person-left.html

'Big Brother 13's' Kalia: 'Rachel is probably the strongest person left'

Quote :

Kalia Booker was evicted from the "Big Brother 13" house, the first of two during this double eviction week. She tells Zap2it about her time in the game.

Are you glad you did 'Big Brother?' Was it everything you hoped/expected it would be?

"I am so happy I did Big Brother. It is a show that I've watched for years and years and years. So to actually play was a goal of mine. It was what I expected in that I expected it to be very hard. But it was way more turbulent than I would have ever guessed."

Did you feel the Veterans being in the house was unfair to the newbies?

"It depends on how you look at it. Daniele was a vet and she gave me a wealth of information when I played with her. But it was hard on the newbies because we had an uphill battle the entire time and the vets already knew how to play."

How did you feel about the re-institution of the Duo twist after Pandora's Box?

"I got jacked from the duo twist the first time, how would it be any different the second time. It came at the worst possible time."

Who is the strongest player in the house right now?

"The strongest player left, really, is Rachel. All personal aside, Rachel is probably the strongest person left in the game right now."

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 9th 2011, 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 23rd 2011, 4:32 pm

Quote :
BBADRadio B.B.A.D Radio
We have upcoming shows with @kaliabalia on Sunday at 9EST and @ShellyMooreBB13 on Monday at 8EST www.blogtalkradio.com/bbadradio #BB13

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 23rd 2011, 4:39 pm

TY. I'll make sure to avoid it.

That was rude, huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 23rd 2011, 5:32 pm

LOL.

I'll try to listen if I'm not out and about eating dinner, but I'm not sure I could give a good recap since she talks so fast and says a lot in one sentence.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 23rd 2011, 8:09 pm

catty wrote:
LOL.

I'll try to listen if I'm not out and about eating dinner, but I'm not sure I could give a good recap since she talks so fast and says a lot OF NOTHING in one sentence.

Fixed. dance
Back to top Go down
lovepeacehappiness
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 8:22 pm

Is anyone listening to kalia on bbad? I can't because I'm on my iPad but was just wondering if anything interesting has been said,I'll listen to it when they archive it probably.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 9:37 pm

I listened off and on, but missed the first half hour or so.

Nothing new that she hasn't answered already.

Someone called in and asked her to sing and she has a good voice.

She mentioned that Porsche found an apt in LA and went back to FL to pack up her stuff and make the move back to Cali.

And she really has no clue that she and Dani never had Adam or Shelly on her side when she was HOH the first time. I guess they really did think they controlled the votes that week. Just my opinion from the way she answered...she thought they were going to vote out Rachel.

Callers mentioned that they felt the show was rigged when Pandora's Box came into play with Porsche's HOH.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 10:06 pm

Reading some stuff elsewhere, it seems she's still in denial about how mean she was and thinks Rachel was the only "mean girl" this year. Is this a true assessment or did bias creep in? I... kinda don't want to subject myself to more Kalia.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 10:18 pm

Yeah, she did get give off that impression of Rachel saying and doing a lot of mean, personal stuff, but never mentioned her own.

Maybe she's like Dani in where she knows she said a lot of bad stuff, but nothing she said was as bad as Rachel's. I got that impression from watching the Dani wllbb interview. Or was it the CBS interview. I'm forgetting the interviews.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 10:21 pm

With Dani, I can somewhat understand her stance because of the rivalry those two developed. What is Kalia talking about? Rachel and Kalia were mostly fine. They had a spat over wine once and........ I guess the goodbye msg. Am I missing an event?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 10:28 pm

I have no idea. It might have everything to do with the goodbye message for all I know because I can't remember anything either.

Overall, the interview was good.

I think she watched certain moments of show and was surprised the most by Jordan. She mentioned the OTEV comp where Jordan told Rachel "As long as Kalia doesn't win, we're fine". It might have hurt her feelings. That's the impression I got anyway.

She hasn't seen the whole season, only a few things that her family has shown her.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 25th 2011, 11:56 pm

Probably because remember how for some reason kalia refused to ever put up jordan because of a week 2 deal which wasn't mutual,like how she wouldn't put up Jordan the week lawon left etc..
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 12:15 am

Oh, she also mentioned doing a photoshoot with her dog. Not sure if it's for a magazine or something else.

She did say she loves her dog and she knows why some may have interpreted what she said on the feeds as being mean.

lovepeacehappiness---I agree. That's probably why she was surprised by it.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 4:38 pm

I listened to the interview. Kahlia is still in denial that she and Porsha played Dani's game and were Dani's minions, which I think they did are were. Dani taught them what do do before she left using the painted corn. I

In one interview after the show Dani even said she had taught Kahlia exactly who to nominate and what to do and that Kahlia had "some more tricks in her back pocket." that she didn't get to use.

I thought Kahlia was a good player until she hooked up with Dani. She seemed to try to "become" Dani, speaking like her, acting like her, hating the same people Dani hated etc. When she and Porsche won and said they did it for Dani speaks volumes imo.

imo Kahlia will always be remembered as the player who was Dani's minion, which is sad to me. I think she could have played her own game and gone just as far if not farther without making so many enemies. I didn't see Kahlia being a "mean girl" until she hooked up with Dani either. Then she joined right in with the bashing and I was disappointed in her.

I wonder how Kahlia will feel when she sees the shows and feeds where Dani was throwing her under the bus when they were on the block together. Dani was really cruel to her that week and I felt sorry for Kahlia. It was the bitchiest I've ever seen Dani. She also told people that she couldn't even enjoy her HOH room because Kahlia lived in there, ate all her food and wouldn't leave her alone. It was cruel.

I think Kahlia is a very intelligent, talented, strong woman who should have done better in the game. I hope she avoids the feeds and shows so her Dani worship bubble doesn't burst. That seems to be all she hangs her BB experience on and it will break her heart to hear the mean comments.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. Wink

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 4:48 pm

Shug wrote:
I listened to the interview. Kahlia is still in denial that she and Porsha played Dani's game and were Dani's minions, which I think they did are were. Dani taught them what do do before she left using the painted corn. I

In one interview after the show Dani even said she had taught Kahlia exactly who to nominate and what to do and that Kahlia had "some more tricks in her back pocket." that she didn't get to use.

I thought Kahlia was a good player until she hooked up with Dani. She seemed to try to "become" Dani, speaking like her, acting like her, hating the same people Dani hated etc. When she and Porsche won and said they did it for Dani speaks volumes imo.

imo Kahlia will always be remembered as the player who was Dani's minion, which is sad to me. I think she could have played her own game and gone just as far if not farther without making so many enemies. I didn't see Kahlia being a "mean girl" until she hooked up with Dani either. Then she joined right in with the bashing and I was disappointed in her.

I wonder how Kahlia will feel when she sees the shows and feeds where Dani was throwing her under the bus when they were on the block together. Dani was really cruel to her that week and I felt sorry for Kahlia. It was the bitchiest I've ever seen Dani. She also told people that she couldn't even enjoy her HOH room because Kahlia lived in there, ate all her food and wouldn't leave her alone. It was cruel.

I think Kahlia is a very intelligent, talented, strong woman who should have done better in the game. I hope she avoids the feeds and shows so her Dani worship bubble doesn't burst. That seems to be all she hangs her BB experience on and it will break her heart to hear the mean comments.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. Wink

Kalia threw Dani "under the bus" just as much if not more. I sure didn't see the cruelty you did. Fortunately Dani and Kalia can leave the game behind and they seem to be super close friends now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jax

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 5:25 pm

I really did not see Kalia or Porsche as one of Dani's minions. All three were partners in an alliance. It's my opinion that people take the comments that were said on Jeffs eviction the wrong way.

Before Dom was evicted, he made Dani promise to win HOH and take one of the vets out. So does that mean that Dani was Dom's minion too? No. She was doing what would benefit her game the most and at the same token avenging Dom's eviction. Same thing when Dani was evicted, they were avenging Dani's eviction. They made the comments knowing that Dani would hear them in the jury house, hoping that it would bring her some comfort. But at the same time, they were making the best move for them by evicting Jeff. Did Dani bring a lot to the alliance, sure, she gave them techniques to strategize, but that does not diminish that Kalia was really good at question HOHs and Porshe was good at winning at the right time (although not always).

The thing that all three lacked the most, is the social game (Porsche had the best of the three) and convincing others to change their minds or manipulate the other HG. Which is funny because they were accused at being really good at manipulation by the others.

Also, the week Dani was campaigning she never said anything bad about Kalia, her arguments, were always that she was the best person to take out Jeff and go after Rachel. The comments about Kalia (sleeping in the HOH and eating her food) was really from the week before and they were made to diminish how tight their alliance was to the others. The comments were not hurtful at all.
Back to top Go down
lovepeacehappiness
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 5:39 pm

here's my opinion, I don't think Kalia and Porsche were Dani's minions at all.They were an alliance of three. Jeff had an alliance of himself,Jordan,Brendon,Rachel,Shelly,and Adam.I kind of feel like some of the vets called them dani's minions because they weren't working for them. Also Dani wasn't able to convince Kalia to put up Jordan as the pawn the week Lawon left,and she didn't tell Porsche to evict Jordan before Rachel. She didn't control them,they were just an alliance imo. Of course I might be biased because I liked their alliance Smile
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 5:53 pm

Nah. They were minions. They would have had NO CLUE if it wasn't for Dani.

The only reason the Lawon thing happened was because Kalia was panicing about the next week and getting fustrated with everyone thinking Dani was running her HOH. So after Dani steered her off of Porsche she backed off not to piss off Kalia. Once Lawon volunteered, it was done. They were happy enough to get through the week without any reprocusions because Lawon wouldn't be after them. It wasn't untill Dani started figuring out the twist completely she then wanted to switch back to Rachel, in case it was Brendon who came back. But while they were busy hiding in the HOH, they lost the feel of the house. Rachel already had the votes and there was nothing they could do about it.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:02 pm

I agree Jax. I (perhpas naively) felt the shout outs "doing it for Dani" were jabs at Rachel and her "doing it for Brendan" BS.

The lack of social game is a tough critque....how do you infiltrate 2 committed couples and 2 other starstruck floaters (Shelly & Adam), who you know are going to screw you over at the first opportunity?

I feel that Big Brother paved a road extremely difficult for the Dani/Porsche/Kalia allience...3 of the 5 HoH's they won were interfered with by BB...oddly enough, non of the vets HoH's were..

Just like on BB12, it's easy to forget the atmosphere of the house when events took place. During BB 12 you had the Saboteur looming over the house at some key moments, evicted Hgs returning to stir up shit etc.... This year we had Big Brother tossing out strange behavior as well, like endurance Vetoes??? WTF was that!

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
lovepeacehappiness
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:08 pm

the reason porsche gave dani a shout out is because of a convo they had before she left,dani was sad about leaving her birthday week so porsche promised she would give her a shout out if she won a comp,i remember the convo because it was a really sweet moment. so it wasn't a jab at rachel. or at least not that one in particular.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:17 pm

Jax wrote:
I really did not see Kalia or Porsche as one of Dani's minions. All three were partners in an alliance. It's my opinion that people take the comments that were said on Jeffs eviction the wrong way.

Before Dom was evicted, he made Dani promise to win HOH and take one of the vets out. So does that mean that Dani was Dom's minion too? No. She was doing what would benefit her game the most and at the same token avenging Dom's eviction. Same thing when Dani was evicted, they were avenging Dani's eviction. They made the comments knowing that Dani would hear them in the jury house, hoping that it would bring her some comfort. But at the same time, they were making the best move for them by evicting Jeff. Did Dani bring a lot to the alliance, sure, she gave them techniques to strategize, but that does not diminish that Kalia was really good at question HOHs and Porshe was good at winning at the right time (although not always).

The thing that all three lacked the most, is the social game (Porsche had the best of the three) and convincing others to change their minds or manipulate the other HG. Which is funny because they were accused at being really good at manipulation by the others.

Also, the week Dani was campaigning she never said anything bad about Kalia, her arguments, were always that she was the best person to take out Jeff and go after Rachel. The comments about Kalia (sleeping in the HOH and eating her food) was really from the week before and they were made to diminish how tight their alliance was to the others. The comments were not hurtful at all.

Excellent post, Jax. I agree with it 110%!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   September 26th 2011, 6:30 pm

The "doing it for Brendon/Jeff" BS didn't start happening until AFTER Porsche/Kalia said "Doing it for Dani."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalia   

Back to top Go down

Kalia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: