catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14733
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 28th 2011, 8:59 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
catty wrote:
I'm confused, is suing the same as pressing charges? Or did the time to file charges come and go already? I think it's called statue of limitations (?)

I won't be surprised if it did happen. Can you imagine the shenanigans that they don't show us?

No suing is not the same. You sue someone in civil court to gain damages for perceived wrongs ( simple explanation)
To press charges, the DA or a Grand Jury must feel there is some crime committed. This could happen at the same time as a suit or before or after a suit.

Thanks Nancy. I was confused because if their is evidence on tape then I would think authorities would be able to view it and then proceed with charges. Maybe it will happen after.

rallen wrote:
i would not be surprised if it did happen, but I would not be surprised if it did not happen, does anyone know what the guys are saying...for the record evan always seemed like a creepo, kenny I am a tad surprised

I haven't read any comments from them. I'm going to check out vevmo and see if anyone is talking about it over there.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 28th 2011, 10:33 pm

Why did Tonya wait so long to say anything? Tonya is one fo those cast members I have a very hard time taking seriously, not only because of her behavior on the seasons that I've seen her on, but also her behavior OUTSIDE the show. I remember how weird and off-putting she was on that show Rob Cesterino had when he was making that bad horror movie with reality stars. I also recall several non-flattering news articles about her.

Hopefully this event didn't happen, but if it did, MTV and those involved should be hit hard... and maybe it will force them to change the dynamics of that show because it became super stale once every season became about the rivalry between Wes, Kenny, and Evan and their supporting alliance members.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 28th 2011, 10:44 pm

Not too many cast member are saying a word.

Nancy, when I was over at Vevmo, some posts mentioned that maybe because it was filmed out of the country, in Thailand, it's more difficult to press criminal charges. I don't know.

Tonya doesn't have a good reputation, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Some of these guys are real jerks on the show. So, like rallen said, I won't be surprised if it did happen and I won't be surprised if it didn't happen.

Rallen--the guys haven't said anything.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 28th 2011, 11:07 pm

Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's impossible for this event to have taken place. I don't think that highly of any cast member on that particular show, but I'm also keeping in mind how Tonya portrayed herself and her very fragile mental state. I want to believe that MTV employees wouldn't sit around doing nothing if they saw something like that take place, but then again, it is MTV we're talking about. I mean, if I were to sit down and compare RW and the challenges now to those of the past, they have definitely become more lapsed in how they protect and care for their cast members. But there's a certain line there that I'd hope none of the many crew members would cross.

Thinking about it, didn't a situation dealing with rape arise some years ago during one of the Real World seasons? Anyone remember that?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 28th 2011, 11:47 pm

Odin, I understand what you are saying because I also remember Tonya. So I get it.

Which RW season? I want to say yes, but there have been so many seasons they all start to run together for me.

Here is the thread at Vevmo, if anyone is ever bored and feels like reading. Nothing much in it.
http://vevmo.com/f266/real-world-tonya-cooley-sues-mtv-6608/

From reading the posts, she apparently became aware of it after other cast members told her about it. I guess those cast members are witnesses?

Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4578
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 30th 2011, 12:42 pm

rallen wrote:
i would not be surprised if it did happen, but I would not be surprised if it did not happen, does anyone know what the guys are saying...for the record evan always seemed like a creepo, kenny I am a tad surprised

this is a perfect example of how we all see things differently.

Evan never bothered me... typically more level headed when dealing with the other cast members on the show... however, very cocky about his position in the hierarchy of the cast in general. He isnt on the top... but hovers very close to the leaders... ie Kenny.

Kenny on the other hand... to me... is a complete asshole. Always talking down & shit to mostly the females & only a few males. He is always cocky.. & truthfully I dont think he is very good at challenges but I do think he has the gift of persuasion through his charming nature... to get the majority of the group to do his bidding.

Kenny & Evan both are regarded fairly high in this group... & they have both been around long enough to know better. The act itself doesnt surprise me with this group they are way out of control. Tonya being involved doesnt surprise me. Kenny & Evan kinda do a little.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 30th 2011, 12:47 pm

Odin wrote:
Hopefully this event didn't happen, but if it did, MTV and those involved should be hit hard... and maybe it will force them to change the dynamics of that show because it became super stale once every season became about the rivalry between Wes, Kenny, and Evan and their supporting alliance members.

Totally 100% agreed. The show is stale. It promotes this assholish behavior. And the majority of these kids do nothing but go on these challenges. It is time for them to move on & away from Kenny, Wes, & Evan... oh & that other dick head... Johnny... lets not forget that other nimrod.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 30th 2011, 12:53 pm

Honestly... I tend to think the RW & Challenge series took a turn when Mary Ellis-Bunim died in 2004
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   October 31st 2011, 10:06 pm

catty wrote:
Not too many cast member are saying a word.

Nancy, when I was over at Vevmo, some posts mentioned that maybe because it was filmed out of the country, in Thailand, it's more difficult to press criminal charges. I don't know.

Tonya doesn't have a good reputation, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Some of these guys are real jerks on the show. So, like rallen said, I won't be surprised if it did happen and I won't be surprised if it didn't happen.

Rallen--the guys haven't said anything.
thanks for the update, guess the only insight we will get to see is on the show...onesided.

PostSubject: Re: MTV Rivals Challenge   

Back to top Go down

MTV Rivals Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: