all about big brother ~ aabb
Welcome to All About Big Brother.
No ads if you sign up. Also, you can post if you are a member.
Registration is super easy... you don't even need to respond to an email.
It's probably a good idea to check out "About this site" before posting.

all about big brother ~ aabb

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister
Share | 

Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts: 928
Registration date: 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   May 30th 2011, 6:14 pm

MIAMI (AP) - Hip-hop singer Sean Kingston has been stabilized and moved to the intensive care unit at a hospital after crashing his watercraft into a Miami Beach bridge, his publicist said Monday.

The publicist, Joseph Carozza, said Kingston's family is grateful for everyone's prayers and support.

Kingston and a female passenger were injured when the watercraft hit the Palm Island Bridge around 6 p.m. Sunday, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Jorge Pino said.

The Miami Herald reports that a passing boater saw the accident and took the two on board his vessel.

Both were hospitalized early Monday at Ryder Trauma Center, but Pino said he didn't know their conditions.

Authorities are investigating the crash, and "nothing at this point would indicate that alcohol played a role," Pino said.

Kingston rose to fame with his 2007 hit "Beautiful Girls" and was also featured on songs by artists including Justin Bieber. His self-titled debut album sold over 1 million copies worldwide.

On Twitter, Bieber posted a message of support for Kingston.

"Got my friend Sean Kingston in my prayers tonight," Bieber tweeted early Monday. "A true friend and big bro. Please keep him in your prayers tonight as well."

A number of hip-hop musicians were in Miami Beach over the weekend for Urban Beach Week.

In a 2007 interview with The Associated Press, Kingston described his music as a fusion of reggae, pop, rap and R&B.

"It's Sean Kingston genre. I have my own genre," Kingston told the AP at the time. "No disrespect to no artist or dudes out there. I feel like I am my own person. I am doing my own thing."

His music has been unique among hip-hop offerings, as Kingston refused to use profanity.

"To put it in my music, that's not the message I am trying to send out," he said in the 2007 interview. "That's not the type of artist I am trying to be."

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/122824019.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts: 14221
Registration date: 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   May 30th 2011, 6:39 pm

Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts: 12036
Registration date: 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   May 30th 2011, 7:44 pm

Same here Jack'd.

Number of posts: 43153
Registration date: 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   May 31st 2011, 3:56 am

I saw him on an episode of The Hills when he was first starting out. Seems like a very sweet guy.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   June 7th 2011, 1:16 am

Sean Kingston Walks A Week After Crash
Singer Upgraded To Serious Condition Following Watercraft Crash

Sean Kingston is walking around Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital eight days after he was brought there in critical condition following a personal-watercraft crash, the publicist for Epic Records said Monday.

Kingston, 21, has been upgraded to serious condition, publicist Joe Carozza said.

"Sean is breathing on his own and walked for the first time this morning," Carozza said.

Two sources close to the hip-hop artist told CNN last week that doctors expected Kingston to need about six weeks to recover.

He suffered a broken jaw, a fractured wrist and water in his lungs, according to the sources, who both asked not to be identified since they were not authorized to speak to the media.

Cassandra Sanchez, 23, was riding on the Sea Doo personal watercraft with Kingston when it crashed into a Miami bridge on May 29, according to an accident report from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Sanchez was also injured and hospitalized.

Kingston had bought the Sea Doo just days before, as he was moving into a new house in Miami, one of the sources said.

His life vest apparently fell off during the crash, causing him to sink below the water, according to witnesses.

"They were calling us over, telling us, 'He's drowning, he's drowning,' " said Carmen Rivera, who was boating nearby with her husband, Jonathan Rivera, and friend Jimmy Vega. The three rescuers were interviewed by CNN affiliate WSVN-TV.

"We jumped in the water to help him keep his head above water," Vega said.

"I pushed him up, and he was vomiting what seemed like water, and then there was some blood coming out," Jonathan Rivera said.

The Miami-born artist changed his name from Kisean Anderson to Kingston to reflect his Jamaican heritage.

He shot to fame in 2007 when his debut song "Beautiful Girls" became a No. 1 hit in the United States.

http://www.ktvz.com/entertainment/28144225/detail.html
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts: 12036
Registration date: 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   June 7th 2011, 5:44 pm

That's great news. Thanks for the update Russelfan.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash   June 16th 2011, 11:03 pm

Justin Bieber Pays Tribute To Sean Kingston At Gig

As the teen heartthrob is joined by an unlikely guest at the charity concert…

Justin Bieber paid homage to his pal Sean Kingston at a charity gig in California over the weekend.

As we previously reported, the Beautiful Girls rapper was injured last month after crashing his jet ski into a bridge in Miami, leaving Kingston in a serious condition

The 21-year old star, who collaborated with Bieber on tune, Eeenie Meenie, is now said to be walking again after the accident, with Justin reaching out to Sean at the charity concert on Saturday.

Speaking live on stage at the event, which was hoping to raise money for College Track, JB urged Kingston to “get better” and paid tribute to his pal in front of the audience.

The 17-year old star later took to Twitter to speak of the gig, telling his followers: “Great night!! Felt great to be back on stage. And for a great cause! I have the greatest fans in the world because they give back.”

“Also thanks to the fans for helping me take a moment for @seankingston b4 eenie meenie 2nite (sic). Get better big bro. We miss u (sic).”

He added: “Tonight we are all just happy. Great night. We did that show for all the right reasons. 2nite (sic) my fans helped #makeachange with College Track.”

JB was also joined by veteran rapper, MC Hammer, with Justin later posting a snap of himself and the U Can’t Touch This hitmaker on the social-networking site.

The Biebster’s girlfriend, Selena Gomez, was not present at the concert after being hospitalised for a suspected case of food poisoning and exhaustion.

http://j-bieber.org/
Back to top Go down

Singer Sean Kingston in ICU after Florida crash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: -