Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3279
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:24 pm

All I have to say is that I have NO idea how I would be after I left any reality show...winner or first out. Well, I do know I would cry my eyes out no matter what...which leads me to have some empathy for all of them.

Even 8 months later and then watching it fresh, feelings are stirred up, I imagine.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:33 pm

I am surprised. I could not put me through this.
But, if I ever did I would go in expecting the others to do whatever they could to win. If I found someone I could be friends with while there , great. But, I would never let my guard all the way down. I f I did and it came back to bite me, that would be on me.
If I met someone I wanted to be friends with after, no one would be more surprised than me. I think I would expect to be more like Jordan, "nice to have met you, thanks for the money and the boyfriend, have a good life but bye"

this being hurt, mad or feeling betrayed surprises me, everytime.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:34 pm

I can't stand Rob but he deserved the win. He completely controlled his "room temperature IQ" tribe throughout the game and won key immunity challenges. That was the final three that Rob wanted from day three (for obvious reasons) and they handed it to him on a silver platter. I didn't watch the reunion part (Vancouver/San Jose game) so what did Russell say? That his tribe wouldn't have been decimated if they'd kept him?

I agree that much of the current bitterness of some comes from having just watched the season and having it thrown in their faces, week after week, what fools they were. It must have been hard to watch.

I'm sorry they're bringing back redemption island. It takes up too much time each episode. I hope they tweak it a bit ... maybe have a RI challenge after three or four have been voted out and the winner gets back in the game immediately or something. (with a one week immunity?) I also think they should bring back the member swap. I think if they'd done that, the outcome might have been a bit different.
I'm also not a fan of recycled players unless it's an all-star season ... the veterans have a big advantage right out of the box. The only recycled players I'd like to see again (outside of an all-star season) are Janelle and Will.

Also, didn't Probst date Julie Berry from Survivor Vanuatu for years? Maybe they still are a couple?
Probst sure lucked into a money pit when he agreed to host the first Survivor back in 2000. Every aspiring TV host's dream I guess.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:50 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
I can't stand Rob but he deserved the win. He completely controlled his "room temperature IQ" tribe throughout the game and won key immunity challenges. That was the final three that Rob wanted from day three (for obvious reasons) and they handed it to him on a silver platter. I didn't watch the reunion part (Vancouver/San Jose game) so what did Russell say? That his tribe wouldn't have been decimated if they'd kept him?

I agree that much of the current bitterness of some comes from having just watched the season and having it thrown in their faces, week after week, what fools they were. It must have been hard to watch.

I'm sorry they're bringing back redemption island. It takes up too much time each episode. I hope they tweak it a bit ... maybe have a RI challenge after three or four have been voted out and the winner gets back in the game immediately or something. (with a one week immunity?) I also think they should bring back the member swap. I think if they'd done that, the outcome might have been a bit different.
I'm also not a fan of recycled players unless it's an all-star season ... the veterans have a big advantage right out of the box. The only recycled players I'd like to see again (outside of an all-star season) are Janelle and Will.

Also, didn't Probst date Julie Berry from Survivor Vanuatu for years? Maybe they still are a couple?
Probst sure lucked into a money pit when he agreed to host the first Survivor back in 2000. Every aspiring TV host's dream I guess.

They broke up a few years ago.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3279
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 7:13 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
The only recycled players I'd like to see again (outside of an all-star season) are Janelle and Will.

I'd take out a second mortgage on our house to pay for and watch that...just kidding!

Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 7:25 pm

Took me over an hour of reading to catch up here today. I missed the finale last night. First time ever and, of course, it had to be when one of my favorites wins right? I was honestly very surprised Rob won. I know he deserved the win but for some reason I thought we'd determined he didn't win from spoilers. I can't wait to watch the finale later tonight.

As far as being bitter. I agree with those who say watching it brings back a lot for these players as they see it right in front of them and see their edit it must really piss a lot of them off. I think in time most get over it. There's always at least one player that can't though.

Congrats to Rob. He deserved the win. Everybody else played like idiots. Sucks to be them!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:35 pm

BostonRob
JFK to LAX... on to the next adventure. Check out Jimmy Fallon tonight and Regis and Kelly on Weds a.m.
31 minutes ago via web
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 1:11 am

Nat and Phil and Rob were all featured on Jimmy Fallon's show tonight ....
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 1:17 am

Oowatanite wrote:

last year jimmy had the f3 russell parvati and sandra on his show did he do the same thing this year by having them all sit around a bonfire? i missed it
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 1:18 am

mytwocents wrote:
I don't believe anyone was jealous of Natalie for being a finalist. The only reason she made the finale and they did not is because she was a zero threat to Rob's end game -- why would anyone be jealous of that?

Grant had a F3 deal with Rob. Ash had a F3 deal with Rob. Matt had a F3 deal with Rob. Even Dre, after she was betrayed in Ep2, actually thought she had a new F3 deal with Rob.

All were betrayed by Rob. And all were jealous that some sweet naive 19 year old girl, whom they felt was undeserving, made it to the endgame without being voted out.

It's VERY telling that a 19 year old can get over it and realize it's just a game, when a 30 year old ex-football player is STILL pouting and petulant.

Last edited by Oowatanite on May 17th 2011, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 1:19 am

scottep_32 wrote:
Oowatanite wrote:

last year jimmy had the f3 russell parvati and sandra on his show did he do the same thing this year by having them all sit around a bonfire? i missed it

Yes. Rob and Phil got the most screen time but Nat had a few questions too.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 3:28 am

Quote :
It's VERY telling that a 19 year old can get over
it and realize it's just a game, when a 30 year old ex-football player
is STILL pouting and petulant.

It just goes to show you that everyone matures at different ages. Some sadly never grow up.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
tepoztlan
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 3:30 am

Gail wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
The only recycled players I'd like to see again (outside of an all-star season) are Janelle and Will.

I'd take out a second mortgage on our house to pay for and watch that...just kidding!
To dream the impossible dream . . .
happy dance 2 happy dance 2 happy dance 2 happy dance 2happy dance 2 happy dance 2happy dance 2 happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 10:36 am

I am so late at posting, but I was so very happy for Rob, he really did deserve the win.

Grant....really confused me, what a baby. Julie disappointed me at tribal council...

I had such a great weekend, my NASCAR guys completely dominated the weekend races (Carl Edwards on Sat and Matt Kennseth on Sun...with the Mark Martin 2nd) and then....Rob WINS! I woke up Monday and had to make sure it all really happened.

As for next season being Redemption Island #2, complete with returning players, no matter how much I do not like RI , I will watch. Hopefully they will tweek things to keep it fresh,and not do a repeat.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 2:59 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
I don't think I would be forgiving anyone to soon either LOL

The shows been over now for 8 months

Yes, but Grant finding out that Rob had been lying to him from the get go is not 8 months old. Rob and Grant were in contact until the 3rd or 4th episode of the show. The hurt is still pretty fresh especially because the last episode was right before the finale - Grant may have been wondering for the last 3 months how much more he was going to find out about what Rob really had to say about him.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 3:42 pm

I am really glad that Rob won. I thought he had a perfect game - he came in with a HUGE target on his back and somehow got the tribe together to keep him till the end. He controlled the vote each tribal, who was going home and he even controlled who would be sitting next to him in the finals. He did a GREAT job!

As far as Grant is concerned. I think he and Rob had a great connection and outside of the game they would have been fast friends. I realize, as do so many others that Rob was playing a game to win. I am sure it was hard for Grant to see Rob fooling him with the clue to the Idol and other things he might have watched once he was home. He also might be questioning how much Rob really liked him if their relationship was built on lies. I hope that he is able to move past it, I think they really liked one another and that they could potentially bond for a great friendship.

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 5:13 pm

Reading some tweets from Jenna....I think based on those that possibly her and Ethan or Ethan or her will be on the next season of Survivor.

JennaMorasca Jenna Morasca
Yes there is... @Gaga4Enrique27 Is there a specific reason why you can't wait for Season 23 Wink lol!

But I guess if I HAD too I could learn to love the idea of RI Wink

Was good but not a RI fan. But CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON! @PeterLukasJr hi Jenna. What did you think of this season of Survivor?

Let the speculation begin demon banana

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 6:41 pm

Amy, I saw that too...I think with Ethan having one of the toughest years of his life beating cancer and Jenna losing her Mom to cancer, I can see the both of them saying "feck it, let's go beat this game too!"

I can't wait to see next season... I love, love, love Survivor and already miss this season!!!
Back to top Go down
BB4Me!
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 17th 2011, 7:36 pm

Peaches wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

Love it!
dance clap
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 19th 2011, 12:31 am

lovin wrote:
Reading some tweets from Jenna....I think based on those that possibly her and Ethan or Ethan or her will be on the next season of Survivor.

Yes there is... @Gaga4Enrique27 Is there a specific reason why you can't wait for Season 23 Wink lol!

But I guess if I HAD too I could learn to love the idea of RI Wink

Was good but not a RI fan. But CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON! @PeterLukasJr hi Jenna. What did you think of this season of Survivor?

Let the speculation begin demon banana

IF Jenna & Ethan were selected to return next season, there is no way in hell she would even peep about it in any social media. She's just yanking our collective chains ....

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 19th 2011, 8:14 am

i don't think ethan could go on survivor yet-how long has he been in remission. I geel like it's not that long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   

Back to top Go down

Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: