AuthorMessage
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:50 am

Wendi wrote:
He was blondie. A nice fed lady spoke very highly of him at the reunion.

Thanks! I only watch Survivor sporadically.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:57 am

Moody wrote:
Wendi wrote:

I am going to assume that with time Philip's behavior got worse due to the way poeple reacted to his personality. I am by no means a Rob fan but I loved him for what he said about Philip. People like Philip go through life with little to no tolerance (understandable) let alone kindness from people who aren't related to them, so kudos so Rob for understanding and dealing with his brand of crazy.

Yes, I thought Rob's comments about Phillip were meaningful, and I suspect he calmed the Phillip haters down a bit by showing some empathy for what Phillip has been through in life. Maybe a few people will follow Rob's example.

Rob's comments about Phillip were designed to soften Phillip's reputation a bit. Why ? Because IMHO Phillip and Coach are the returnees next season.
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 10:05 am

Oowatanite wrote:
Moody wrote:
Wendi wrote:

I am going to assume that with time Philip's behavior got worse due to the way poeple reacted to his personality. I am by no means a Rob fan but I loved him for what he said about Philip. People like Philip go through life with little to no tolerance (understandable) let alone kindness from people who aren't related to them, so kudos so Rob for understanding and dealing with his brand of crazy.

Yes, I thought Rob's comments about Phillip were meaningful, and I suspect he calmed the Phillip haters down a bit by showing some empathy for what Phillip has been through in life. Maybe a few people will follow Rob's example.

Rob's comments about Phillip were designed to soften Phillip's reputation a bit. Why ? Because IMHO Phillip and Coach are the returnees next season.

Because they're both annoying lol!

Coach has had the opportunity to work on softening his rep. Phil hasn't.

Even playing field? Who do you dislike the most.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 10:34 am

Quote :
I also think Ralph's vote was smart because Philip did deserve second place over Natalie. He, at least, had developed a strategy that might have played out better if he had articulated it better in the final tribal councils AND Rob hadn't had so much control.

Phillip had no plan for FTC. His FTC performance was NOT designed to try to win votes. Ralph is an idiot, and he voted for another idiot. And it was a shame that Nat didn't get any votes.

Quote :
The twist could have been interesting if Rob didn't have so much control of the game. I am willing to give it another chance to see how it plays out when their isn't a "godfather" pulling the strings.

Voting the returnee out again is a no-brainer, especially at F5. The second returnee had time to bond with jurors and would win easily at FTC. It had nothing to do with Rob, since we know Nat and Ash knew about the idol, but the edit screwed them over.

Quote :
Also about Grant. I understand why he stopped returning Rob's calls after the 3rd or 4th episode. Getting rid of Grant wasn't a "last minute, no choice decision he hated to make" on Rob's part. People seem to be forgetting that Rob gave a confessional around episode 3 or 4 were he indicated that he wanted Natalie and Philip in the final 3 with him. He made comments about wanting the girls to be as lazy as possible and keeping Philip because he was driving the others crazy. I believe that Rob's confessionals that indicated that he was using Grant from Day 1 were what hurt Grant deeply.

Grant's petulance is for ONE reason only - Rob was shown to fool him badly with the scam about the second clue runaround. Rob said at the reunion that they were communicating until part way into the season, and then there was Zip from Grant. The only surprise is that Grant (aka nu-Lex) is STILL BITTER today. Grant needs to learn from Natalie on how to let things go.

Quote :
A nice fed lady spoke very highly of Phillip at the reunion.

I think that was a set-up. Probst just happens to find some fed lady with a badge who weakly 'vouches' for Phillip. The audience doesn't buy it (smart audience) so Probst has to return later in the show to announce that the fed lady gave 'more proof' so it's 'case closed'. The whole situation reminded me of the bogus lie detector test that Coach and Probst scammed us with at the Tocantins reunion.

Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3270
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 10:50 am

"Oowatanite"
Quote :
The whole situation reminded me of the bogus lie detector test that Coach and Probst scammed us with at the Tocantins reunion.

I do not remember that at all. What was that about?
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 11:25 am

The fourth Survivor couple is Jamie and Erik Hoffman from Survivor: China. They are married and have a really cute baby.

(I read too much People magazine.)
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 11:51 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Wendi, one of the things that made me a bigger fan of Rob was how he talked about Phillip last night.
Rob is on the internet like the rest of us so I am sure he read the "hate" and the "crazy" talk about Phillip and he could have just kept his mouth shut but he didn't.
I think Rob does/did feel bad for Phillip so he spoke up and said he was a lovable guy just wanting attention and to be heard. (I think that was spot on too!)

We all watch every season and we see sooooo many bitter jury members but I am still shocked over Grant the most...because the game is over and he isn't letting go.

good posting
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 11:51 am

I'm thinking Coach too.I hope not Philip.Maybe a girl..........................
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 12:01 pm

Oowatanite wrote:

I am enjoying your passion about Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:02 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
Moody wrote:
Wendi wrote:

No way...well, I think no way...I can't see Coach doing it again.
BUT Coach is an actor so he might do it to add to his resume and the extra check upfront.
(I will always think Rob and Russell got a monetary incentive just to do this season)

I don't know why but I think it is Matt and Andrea that return.

Last edited by Wildebeest on May 16th 2011, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:07 pm

Moody wrote:
Oowatanite wrote:

I am enjoying your passion about Survivor.

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:17 pm

Gail wrote:
"Oowatanite"
Quote :
The whole situation reminded me of the bogus lie detector test that Coach and Probst scammed us with at the Tocantins reunion.

For several weeks now Probst has been hyping "was Phillip really a Federal agent?" for the reunion show. Before the Tocantins reunion, Probst was hyping "are Coach's wild stories actually true?", promising results from a lie detector test.

What we got at the Tocantins reunion was a brown envelope from Coach with results that 'prove' he was telling the truth. It was a set-up, just like the dog-and-pony show that Probst performed with Phillip. After the reunion, it was revealed that the fellow who provided the lie detector test for Coach was involved in several previous scams.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:31 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Oowatanite wrote:
Moody wrote:
Wendi wrote:

No way...well, I think no way...I can't see Coach doing it again.
BUT Coach is an actor so he might do it to add to his resume and the extra check upfront.
(I will always think Rob and Russell got a monetary incentive just to do this season)

I don't know why but I think it is Matt and Andrea that return.

Coach will jump at every new offer for a future Survivor season, no doubt.

IMHO it's obvious that Rob and Hantz received a guaranteed stipend for this season. Rob won the game so he better not get the stipend, but Hantz finished second and will get the stipend (maybe $200,000 ? ).

Matt and Andrea will not be the returnees, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:48 pm

if its Matt and Andrea that would be a snoozefest

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 1:58 pm

scottep_32 wrote:

bit.ly lp35dI

I believe Survivor would have showed really high ratings all season if it wasn't up against one of the best American Idol seasons.
I never go by those ratings anymore because they never get a true estimate...SO many friends of mine DVRd Survivor and watched American Idol live, which leads me to believe a lot of people did that too. I did the opposite every week.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:04 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

bit.ly lp35dI

I believe Survivor would have showed really high ratings all season if it wasn't up against one of the best American Idol seasons.
I never go by those ratings anymore because they never get a true estimate...SO many friends of mine DVRd Survivor and watched American Idol live, which leads me to believe a lot of people did that too. I did the opposite every week.

They can count how many people DVR whatever show not 100% sure though but if they can/do they ad those #'s into the final ratings #
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:13 pm

Scott, I didn't think they could monitor peoples' personal DVRs and what they are recording on another channel while watching something else ...but I don't work for Nielsen so I am not 100% sure.

Off topic, any more news breaks about that little boy??
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:18 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:

tens

Quote :
Matt and Andrea will not be the returnees, IMHO.

I hope not.

IMO, I don't think either have done anything to deserve to come back besides Matt winning some duels and being blindsided twice. Andrea is just as forgettable.

Quote :

good posting
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:23 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Scott, I didn't think they could monitor peoples' personal DVRs and what they are recording on another channel while watching something else ...but I don't work for Nielsen so I am not 100% sure.

I would guess they use the same technology as the cable/satellite companies use to know what you order on PPV
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:27 pm

scottep_32 wrote:

Now if Ashley can forgive Natalie...why can't Grant forgive Rob?
Is that a "man" thing or something?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:28 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:

Andria is great to look at but she can't play this game at all she should have realized BEFORE getting voted out that rob is/was the person to vote out first in their tribe
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:00 pm

He must be counting his zeros!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:13 pm

scottep_32 wrote:

Love it!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14843
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:54 pm

I'm glad this season is over. And I don't want to see some of these people again for being such idiots.

And I'm glad Natalie got no votes.

I wish they would get rid of RI, but since it is returning, I hope it ends earlier in the game than when it did this season.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:57 pm

I hope Rob buys a new jacket with some of his money
dance

come on admit it, Coach and Phillip roaming around on Redemption Island would be great. those two together would be hilarious

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3270
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:59 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
Gail wrote:
"Oowatanite"
Quote :

For several weeks now Probst has been hyping "was Phillip really a Federal agent?" for the reunion show. Before the Tocantins reunion, Probst was hyping "are Coach's wild stories actually true?", promising results from a lie detector test.

What we got at the Tocantins reunion was a brown envelope from Coach with results that 'prove' he was telling the truth. It was a set-up, just like the dog-and-pony show that Probst performed with Phillip. After the reunion, it was revealed that the fellow who provided the lie detector test for Coach was involved in several previous scams.

Thanks, Oowatanite. I do remember that a little bit now.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 4:28 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

Now if Ashley can forgive Natalie...why can't Grant forgive Rob?
Is that a "man" thing or something?

Ashley forgive Natalie ? I think it's the other way around.

I always wondered why Ash and Dre and Phil and Grant and Fran and Matt (before he deleted his twitter) all followed each other on twitter and NO ONE followed Nat, and she followed NO ONE. After that finale and final jury, I think I now know why. They haven't even begun following her or Nat following them after the show is done. Something's there and I believe it has to do with jealousy over Nat reaching the end over the others.

I don't believe this tweet from Ash for ONE second.

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 4:36 pm

I wouldn't be forgiving anybody this soon after the games ending. It's not like any of them are real life friends. Why should the bother having a friendship? I don't think I would.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 4:37 pm

Moody wrote:
I wouldn't be forgiving anybody this soon after the games ending. It's not like any of them are real life friends. Why should the bother having a friendship? I don't think I would.

the game was over 8 months ago ( last September) so they would all have time to patch things up
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:23 pm

I would imagine watching the edited show was like salt in the wound. The editing didn't do any favors for anyone except for Rob. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for Rob's tribe to watch each episode and slowly realize how they were easily manipulated from day one.

I don't believe anyone was jealous of Natalie for being a finalist. The only reason she made the finale and they did not is because she was a zero threat to Rob's end game -- why would anyone be jealous of that?
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4621
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:29 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
The fourth Survivor couple is Jamie and Erik Hoffman from Survivor: China. They are married and have a really cute baby.

(I read too much People magazine.)

Thanks... I do not remember them at all... did they fall for each other out there?
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:37 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

Final ratings include watching a show with the Neilson box live & DVR ratings within 3 days. They do have preliminary ratings for live & same day DVR.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:45 pm

I don't think I would be forgiving anyone to soon either LOL

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:47 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:

The shows been over now for 8 months
Back to top Go down
JwHo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 5:57 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:

The shows been over now for 8 months

I guess watching it play out on TV was probably harder for Grant than when it actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:05 pm

I often think... being there & seeing it played back are 2 different things.
Like seeing someone talk about you or say over n over again how they are gonna use you til they dont need you any longer... has to hurt on some level.

I am betting Grants feelings stem from coming from a winning athletic family, just like Rob said, & he got played. Truth be told though... Rob playing Grant was a little to easy & makes me think Grant tends to be a little spacey or naive... & blames himself inwardly yet holds it against Rob outwardly.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:20 pm

The show may have been over for months but as others have stated, you don't really see how it all played out behind your back until you see it on TV. I totally understand why it would be hard to forgive too quickly- especially someone you really thought of as a friend, I admire those who are able to forgive, but those who can't, I do understand.

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   

Back to top Go down

Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: