View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:00 pm

Let's hope the two returning survivor contestants next year are Phillip and Coach
dance

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:00 pm

mytwocents wrote:
Another redemption island and two returning players. Give me a freaking break!

I don't care about the returning players...I want redemption island gone!!ARRRG

Do you think Matt is one of the returning players?
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:01 pm

Maybe the next cast will be smart enough to get rid of the returning players before the merge.

Bring on BB13!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:01 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
Let's hope the two returning survivor contestants next year are Phillip and Coach
dance

Please no more coach
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Wildebeest wrote:
Wait...two returning players?
Is it going to be like this season?

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:02 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
dance

Please no more coach

Coach rocks

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:03 pm

Ok, I have to head to bed so my last hoopla dance for Rob!!
happy dance 2 happy dance 2 happy dance 2

bravo Rob!!...you really ARE the best player of Survivor!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:04 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

And I'm right there with you Moe.....ROB YOU ARE THE MAN!!! tens

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:06 pm

Who does Jeff love? Coach is a strong possibility. I will not watch if Rupert returns. I doubt it will be a female.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:06 pm

From the teaser, it seemed like The Ice Cream Scooper, Erik. The one who gave up immunity and got the boot.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:10 pm

Missed it because the phone rang, who in the hell did David propose to?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:11 pm

lovin wrote:

A scary as hell set of eyebrows who didn't seem thrilled.

Carolina from Tocantins. She was out VERY VERY early.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:12 pm

lovin wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

And I'm right there with you Moe.....ROB YOU ARE THE MAN!!! tens

Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:13 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
lovin wrote:

A scary as hell set of eyebrows who didn't seem thrilled.

Carolina from Tocantins. She was out VERY VERY early.

According to Wikipedia she was voted out first which is why no one remembers her.
Back to top Go down
JwHo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:15 pm

The only thing that would have saved this season for me is if David's girlfriend said no to him. TV proposals are so lame and corny.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:17 pm

JwHo wrote:
The only thing that would have saved this season for me is if David's girlfriend said no to him. TV proposals are so lame and corny.

I thought it looked like she was going to say no.....................
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:20 pm

Well when Jeff accidentally called Russell by Phillip's name, he made a comment about pitting the two of them together, after he finally got Russell to say not to throw away his number. So maybe it will be those two coming back next time. I must say, I'm surprised that they would even consider bringing Russell back, considering he completely spoiled the two seasons he was on. Sets a precedent that any contestant can spill their guts, and if they try to sue them, all they have to do is cite Russell spoiling and getting away with it, and even being asked to play again.

I love Survivor, love that Rob won, hated the Redemption Island twist. Hate they're doing it again. But I'll be right back in September watching it again.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:34 pm

Well, the season's over. THANK GOD. One of the worst seasons EVER. Evil or Very Mad

Good things about S22 RI :

Rob won and Rob deserved to win.

And that's it. Mad

Bad things about S22 RI :

The twist itself should have ended at the merge. Instead we got a ridiculous set of post-merge comps involving three and even four competitors where all you had to do was NOT FINISH LAST. T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E.

But we ended up with two returnees. And how did they fare when they returned to the game ? They were voted off immediately !!! AWESOME twist, Probst !! Rolling Eyes

The editing sucked BIG-TIME this season. It was all about Rob. They did not even try to hide his victory - in fact, they showed every step of it. They even hid the fact that the girls knew all about his idol. The editors hung those poor girls out to dry the whole season. RIDICULOUS.

As well, there was too much time devoted to Phillip and his antics, and Matt and his 'faith'. Each episode was 15 min RI crap (which amounted to nothing), 25 min Rob's 'awesomeness', 15 min Phillip's insanity and 5 min everyone else. PATHETIC.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:35 pm

The two coming back looked like a man and a woman? I hope Matt comes back.

I didn't watch this season and after tonight I wished I had. WhAt a great game Boston Rob played. To get to the end and have the two others say they made it because of another player is amazing.

I hAve never liked BR until i read all the tweets from Jeff Probst. Plus, I found out he lives part time in Florida and people had seen him at Target.

Great show tonight. clap
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:38 pm

I thought I saw Matt's face when they showed promo..........
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:42 pm

Top cat wrote:
I thought I saw Matt's face when they showed promo..........

he's gotta leave all that god junk at home though he definitely can play the physical game but he's mentally weak and won't play ruthless which IMO you need to play not to make friends but to get to the end at any cost
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:44 pm

I think the footage they showed in that preview, was just generic footage. They won't film until this summer, I don't think. So they probably did show Matt, but since they haven't filmed, it doesn't necessarily prove Matt is one of the returnees.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:54 pm

The Reunion.

When it's OBVIOUS poor Natalie got zero votes, that dickweed Probst had to ask her if she thought she would win. Natalie was a sweetheart and held up well but you could tell that she was upset that she didn't even get one vote.

Leave it to the idiot Ralph to throw a vote at the moron Phillip, giving him second place. Rolling Eyes

And Ashley was a bitch that didn't even throw a sympathy vote to her buddy Natalie. Poor Natalie could barely get through the reunion she was so upset. I'm surprised she didn't cry. You're a strong girl Nat !! Smile

Who would have thunk that Grant would turn into a douchebag like Lex. What a big baby. Rolling Eyes

Leave it to Probst to allow Hantz to prattle on and on and on, dissing the Zaps for dumping him, and NOT allowing any Zap to give some rebuttal. Terrible hosting job.

Was that not the MOST awkward proposal EVER ? Carolina was pissed. PISSED. That relationship will get nowhere near the altar. GUARANTEED.

Rob didn't need any help winning the game but Probst, knowing what DourDave was going to say, purposely left him to the end of the questioning. And frankly, that kind of campaigning should NOT be allowed. It was all set up and it was ridiculously unfair to Nat, who most certainly lost the few votes she would have received.

And Andrea is getting nowhere near any AllStars season. Come on now. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Oowatanite on May 15th 2011, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 15th 2011, 11:00 pm

Did Jessum Herring get any votes?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 3:26 am

Survivor South Pacific Season 23 Promo

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 6:49 am

Wow to last night. Hearing that the girls knew that Rob had the Idol, makes me so mad at the editors, everyone was already saying how dumb they were. It was bad enough that they all followed Rob like sheep, but to make them look even dumber was just cruel.

It didn't hit me till last night that Rob brought the two "weakest" players to the finale 3. I was embarrassed for Natalie, that was a lot to handle at 19, but she handled herself well. Philip, my goodness, what was he thinking yelling at the jury? He wasn't acting, he really is crazy.

Why on Earth do you guys think Matt would be brought back next season? He was boring.
I was surprised Russell was treated so well by Jeff, I thought he was in a good amount of trouble for spoiling past seasons.

I wonder about people that are good at these games. Will Kirby, Russell Hanz, Rob Marino.... do they really leave their true personality at the door when they enter these games, or is there a bit of sociopath (a person without guilt) in them already. I know people (Wilde) are going to say that Rob did have guilt, but was it genuine, or is he a good actor?

Last edited by Moody on May 16th 2011, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 7:10 am

Oh my God, Lee Ann, I am half asleep and was reading that "article" and saw my name (Wilde) at the end and thought what the f* afraid how does that person know me? ...then reread it and realized that was YOU saying that not the writer of that article.
laugh so hard I crie

I think the only person Rob felt a little guilt over was Grant because he came to think of Grant as a friend. But like they all say...they are there to win the million not make friends at camp.
I wouldn't feel guilty over voting someone out to win a million dollars in a game and I am an Irish Catholic...we feel guilty over eating the last piece of candy in the candy box and not leaving it for someone else. lol!
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 7:39 am

I too think Rob felt a little guilt about Grant, but Rob understands the game and knows that you win by either being Parvati or Sandra. Rob can't be Sandra, lol. He is too much a natural leader and was even cast in that role this season.

You always want to take the weakest players or the most hated players with you - Rob did both with Natalie and Phillip.

I agree with Jeff that this is the best play I have seen on this show in 22 seasons. He played every aspect perfectly, and won immunity when he had to do so. There is no doubt in my mind if he hadn't won the last challenge he would have been out.

I always thought the 2 girls knew he had the idol, which is why I thought they didn't use it. Ashley isn't stupid or naive so I had to believe she would have gone after Rob if she didn't know that and also knew that she wouldn't make him mad by writing his name down on the off chance that he wouldn't use it.

I am glad he won - just like I would be glad if Janelle could go back on BB and win. Some great players just deserve a chance to win.

Last edited by memphisbelle on May 16th 2011, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 7:51 am

Oowatanite wrote:
One of the worst seasons EVER.

I agree - I am not sure if it was bad editing or not much to work with but I knew Rob had won the whole thing since Matt was voted at the second time. Unpredictable outcomes are much more interesting.

The good news with the outcome is that Rob will not be brought back again.

Quote :
Rob won and Rob deserved to win.

Rob did deserve the win. I think the jury knew they would look foolish voting for anyone but Rob. I also think Ralph's vote was smart because Philip did deserve second place over Natalie. He, at least, had developed a strategy that might have played out better if he had articulated it better in the final tribal councils AND Rob hadn't had so much control.

Quote :
The twist itself should have ended at the merge.

The twist could have been interesting if Rob didn't have so much control of the game. I am willign to give it another chance to see how it plays out when their isn't a "godfather" pulling the strings.

Quote :
The editing sucked BIG-TIME this season. It was all about Rob. They did not even try to hide his victory - in fact, they showed every step of it. They even hid the fact that the girls knew all about his idol. The editors hung those poor girls out to dry the whole season. RIDICULOUS.

As well, there was too much time devoted to Phillip and his antics, and Matt and his 'faith'. Each episode was 15 min RI crap (which amounted to nothing), 25 min Rob's 'awesomeness', 15 min Phillip's insanity and 5 min everyone else. PATHETIC.

It was the Rob and Philip show with Matt's Jesus infomercial thrown in every episode. I thought the girls didn't haven't any brains in their heads but finding out they knew about the Hidden Immunity Idol changes my opinion of that. Also I would have liked to see game discussions at Redemption Island - I think there had to be talks about what the person going back would do but instead it was all the religious faith stuff.

Also about Grant. I understand why he stopped returning Rob's calls after the 3rd or 4th episode. Getting rid of Grant wasn't a "last minute, no choice decision he hated to make" on Rob's part. People seem to be forgetting that Rob gave a confessional around episode 3 or 4 were he indicated that he wanted Natalie and Philip in the final 3 with him. He made comments about wanting the girls to be as lazy as possible and keeping Philip because he was driving the others crazy. I believe that Rob's confessionals that indicated that he was using Grant from Day 1 were what hurt Grant deeply.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:36 am

Jeff said last night there were 4 Survivor couples

Rob & Amber
Ethan & Jenna
Dave & whatshername from last night

Who is the 4th?

TIA
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:50 am

wasn't there ones that just got married can't remember their names though?

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:50 am

Well, this was one of the best seasons for me. I loved the RI twist, and I like that it added another challenge to the show. Watching the challenges is the best part of the show for me, and having that additional challenge took away alot of the boring "sitting around camp footage" that we usually see. I find that stuff boring, and not a real reflection of what is going on.

I am glad they are bringing back RI - it is a much better twist than that silly exile island where they would go and be alone for a day or two. Now THAT was boring!

And I am so pleased Rob won, he deserved it. Very disappointed to see Grant still holding a grudge.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 8:58 am

I'm still super excited about Rob's win!!!! YAYAYAYAY! happy dance 2

What's even funner is rubbing in to the dh's aunts that didn't want Rob to win!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:02 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Oh my God, Lee Ann, I am half asleep and was reading that "article" and saw my name (Wilde) at the end and thought what the f* afraid how does that person know me? ...then reread it and realized that was YOU saying that not the writer of that article.
laugh so hard I crie

OK, I edited my post.. I can see why you thought that. That's funny.
Back to top Go down
Wendi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:13 am

Now that it's over I dont mind RI so much. My fear was that by His Grace Matt will come back and win the whole damn thing.

I already <3 Natalie but knowing how young she is makes me heart her all the more, like I said last night she sort of reminds me of my younger sister. She'll idolize someone until they sneeze the wrong way and then she is over them. Thank god!

I am going to assume that with time Philip's behavior got worse due to the way poeple reacted to his personality. I am by no means a Rob fan but I loved him for what he said about Philip. People like Philip go through life with little to no tolerance (understandable) let alone kindness from people who aren't related to them, so kudos to Rob for understanding and dealing with his brand of crazy.

My love for Andrea waned somewhat due to the snotiness at the finale jury. I never coin her a bitter Betty. I didn't know Julie's name until last night so I am all whatever on her judgemental tight ass.

Last edited by Wendi on May 16th 2011, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:18 am

Wendi wrote:

I am going to assume that with time Philip's behavior got worse due to the way poeple reacted to his personality. I am by no means a Rob fan but I loved him for what he said about Philip. People like Philip go through life with little to no tolerance (understandable) let alone kindness from people who aren't related to them, so kudos so Rob for understanding and dealing with his brand of crazy.

Yes, I thought Rob's comments about Phillip were meaningful, and I suspect he calmed the Phillip haters down a bit by showing some empathy for what Phillip has been through in life. Maybe a few people will follow Rob's example.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:24 am

Wendi, one of the things that made me a bigger fan of Rob was how he talked about Phillip last night.
Rob is on the internet like the rest of us so I am sure he read the "hate" and the "crazy" talk about Phillip and he could have just kept his mouth shut but he didn't.
I think Rob does/did feel bad for Phillip so he spoke up and said he was a lovable guy just wanting attention and to be heard. (I think that was spot on too!)

We all watch every season and we see sooooo many bitter jury members but I am still shocked over Grant the most...because the game is over and he isn't letting go.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:39 am

So was Philip really a former federal agent?

(Sorry if this was already answered, this thread was going at lightening speed last night!)

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   May 16th 2011, 9:41 am

He was blondie. A nice fed lady spoke very highly of him at the reunion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011   

Back to top Go down

Redemption Island Finale May 15, 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: