Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13   May 13th 2011, 8:54 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Jeff's opinion shouldn't be discounted, but he needs to keep his bias to himself.
He is a cheerleader for his favorites. It's gotten worse in the past few years. I've never read criticism of Jeff anywhere except the last two seasons. It's building too.

No doubt. He needs to aware of public opinion and maybe he is and doesn't care? Wonder if Mark Burnett has weighed in? He obviously supports the tweet fests during the airing or Jeff wouldn't be doing it with the staff bringing him cookies. My guess is they are very into social media and are monitoring it. Jeff needs to be careful of falling into the trap of believing one's own press.

Does Jeff co-produce the show or have a financial stake in it over and above his hosting salary?
My thoughts are that the show's ratings are not what they used to be so they are trying every gimmick possible to generate interest.
From reading around, I think Redemption Island has been a dud. It will really be a dud if one of the people from Redemption island wins.

Good question about financial stake. It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of his current contract. I have to tape Survivor since I am an AI addict. So I watch Idol live and read Jeff's tweets at the same time so by the time I watch I know what happened. I don't care for Redemption Island at all. It was good in the beginning but somehow I grew very disenchanted with it.

I don't know why they went up against Idol. I guess they thought with Simon gone they had a shot? But Mark should have known that with Nigel coming back to Idol it was going to a real competition.

Survivor and Amazing Race are both more enjoyable for me if I have some people to root for, which is very different than how I feel about Big Brother.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13   May 13th 2011, 10:25 am

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Moody wrote:
What is Jeff Probst doing that is putting you guys off? I never paid much attention to him.
I have to believe this show is being heavily edited and the rest of the cast aren't the morons they appear to be on the show.
I guess because he seems to pump Rob and Russell's tires at every opportunity in his blogs and tweets. (and on air at times) I find it irritating ... I prefer a more objective host but maybe he just annoys me because I never could stand Russell from episode one of his first season and Rob's cocky, smarmy act bugs me. Also, my feathers may be ruffled because Rob appears to have been in complete control of his tribe from the kick off and I just don't get it. (unless they've edited out every discussion of getting rid of Rob)

Why was there not a tribal switch this season? I believe Rob would have lost some control if there was a tribal switch.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13   May 13th 2011, 8:16 pm

mytwocents wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
Moody wrote:
What is Jeff Probst doing that is putting you guys off? I never paid much attention to him.
I have to believe this show is being heavily edited and the rest of the cast aren't the morons they appear to be on the show.
I guess because he seems to pump Rob and Russell's tires at every opportunity in his blogs and tweets. (and on air at times) I find it irritating ... I prefer a more objective host but maybe he just annoys me because I never could stand Russell from episode one of his first season and Rob's cocky, smarmy act bugs me. Also, my feathers may be ruffled because Rob appears to have been in complete control of his tribe from the kick off and I just don't get it. (unless they've edited out every discussion of getting rid of Rob)

Why was there not a tribal switch this season? I believe Rob would have lost some control if there was a tribal switch.

Seems that they did everything to increase Rob in the finals. I wish they would just play regular survivor.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13   May 13th 2011, 8:51 pm

They had Redemption Island as their twist this time, which I hope they never do again, by the way. So with that being their big twist, and focusing so much attention on it, they probably figured they didn't need to mess with a tribal switch this time. I do tend to think the whole Redemption Island thing was a way to keep Rob and/or Russell in the game as long as possible, and I say that as a Rob fan. I wholeheartedly agree with Tracy though, just go back to regular, old school Survivor. I have a lot of favorite past contestants, but enough already. And while I'm at it, I wish they would go back to casting regular people, instead of so many wannabe actors, who are just in it for the exposure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Redemption Island Episode 13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: