View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 24th 2011, 9:19 am

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 10:11 am

EWDaltonRoss
Survivor's Boston Rob to co-host new History series "Around the World in 80 Ways." Will travel globe using 80 different modes of travel.
4 minutes ago via web
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 10:14 am

cool for Rob... this is on the history channel?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 10:56 am

bergen wrote:
cool for Rob... this is on the history channel?

I don't know, Bergen, I was thinking it was another one of those on-line only shows like Jeff did.
I wish it was on TV.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 11:39 am

Bergen, I found the answer, it is on the History Channel...good for Rob! clap

Rob Mariano will star in new History reality series Around the World in 80 Ways

The History Channel is capitalizing on Survivor Redemption Island star Rob Mariano’s popularity and has hired him to star in a new reality series called Around the World in 80 Ways, on which he’ll travel around the world again, having done so twice already on The Amazing Race.

On the 10-episode series, produced by Thom Beers and his Original Productions, Boston Rob and Gravedigger creator Dennis Anderson will “circumnavigate the globe using 80 different modes of travel without repeating any vehicle,” according to the network. That means they “will have to employ every conceivable means of transportation — blimp and fighter jet, ostrich and canoe, chariot and hitchhiking — and will even have to build their own vehicles.”

The press release notes that there will be an element of competition and conflict: “Sometimes they will work together and other times they’ll race. But the hosts are notorious for their vicious competitive streaks and have been known to cheat, torment, boast and battle their way to the top. In this extreme expedition, nothing is off limits.”

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/history_channel/2011_Apr_25_rob_mariano_around_world
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 11:49 am

cool, excited to check it out, also while i will watch computer shows, i'd rather them on tv instead.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:08 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
EWDaltonRoss
Survivor's Boston Rob to co-host new History series "Around the World in 80 Ways." Will travel globe using 80 different modes of travel.
4 minutes ago via web

Good for Rob. Guess he made an impression on the right people. This should be fun to watch, 80 different modes of travel, this I need to see. I'm putting you in charge of letting us know when this will begin airing lol.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:12 pm

He hasn't had a show in awhile. Wasn't the last one about him trying to become a pro poker player? That only lasted a season.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:12 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
EWDaltonRoss
4 minutes ago via web

Good for Rob. Guess he made an impression on the right people. This should be fun to watch, 80 different modes of travel, this I need to see. I'm putting you in charge of letting us know when this will begin airing lol.

Oh God, I was going to put YOU in charge of that. lol!

In the People magazine article it stated that he would start filming right after the Survivor finale so I bet his new show won't be shown till the fall.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:14 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
He hasn't had a show in awhile. Wasn't the last one about him trying to become a pro poker player? That only lasted a season.

This is only for one season too, Jessalyn.
But it is cool to see him get another show on TV...the kid seems to be very popular and liked by other TV producers.

Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:17 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

This is only for one season too, Jessalyn.
But it is cool to see him get another show on TV...the kid seems to be very popular and liked by other TV producers.

Well it's Boston Rob. He became famous at the height of Survivor's all time high ratings and #1 status. He is probably one of the most popular and famous Survivor players along with Hatch.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:18 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

In the People magazine article it stated that he would start filming right after the Survivor finale so I bet his new show won't be shown till the fall.

Oh good cause with BB on all Summer, I won't be available until the Fall anyway lol! I'll try to remember to check on this, I really want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:24 pm

Jessalyn wrote:

Well it's Boston Rob. He became famous at the height of Survivor's all time high ratings and #1 status. He is probably one of the most popular and famous Survivor players along with Hatch.

Can you believe that Hatch is in jail now?
What an idiot he turned out to be!!

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 25th 2011, 6:28 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Oh good cause with BB on all Summer, I won't be available until the Fall anyway lol! I'll try to remember to check on this, I really want to see it.

Amen, little sistah...amen!!
As much as I love Rob...he will be DVRd if his show is on one of the nights as BB!!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 26th 2011, 10:42 pm

Is Rob's new show anything like ATWFF?

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 6:59 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

Can you believe that Hatch is in jail now?
What an idiot he turned out to be!!

he is a Narcissist in the true definition of the word. He deserves all that he gets.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 2:40 pm

YAY for Rob. Happy to hear that - I enjoy watching him, and that show sounds like it will be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 5:40 pm

Any guesses on this week's twist? (The mystery package)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 6:47 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Any guesses on this week's twist? (The mystery package)

No guesses from me, Jessie, but I don't think Rob goes this week...he is being funny on Twitter.

BostonRob
It's Survivor night at the Mariano house. Time to fire up the stove and start cooking crispy rice.
16 minutes ago via SocialOomph
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 7:21 pm

awww Julie, she was a good lady

you have to give Matt credit, that kid has grit

I can't stand Philip any longer, his narcissism knows no bounds and is not based in any kind of reality, plus he can't pronounce stuff and makes up words. It drives me nuts that his crazy jerkhood is allowing him to stay around. Of course its what I would do too but I don't have to like it LOL

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 7:38 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:

I can't stand Philip any longer, his narcissism knows no bounds and is not based in any kind of reality, plus he can't pronounce stuff and makes up words. It drives me nuts that his crazy jerkhood is allowing him to stay around. Of course its what I would do too but I don't have to like it LOL

I agree. I liked her too.
I thought Matt was going to blow for a minute. I hope this win gives him a better attitude.
And Phillip just grates against my last nerve. *shivers* I'd really like to see him go.
And, I really wish Ralph would have won the challenge. Grant & Rob are getting to comfortable. I think Grant should have chose Ralph to share the cake for coming in 2nd.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 7:57 pm

oh blah!!! I really liked Ralph and Steve

oh well at least now it will get interesting instead of totally predictable. I so hope for someone to come back from Redemption Island and blow them out of the water. Either that or some major backstabbing between Rob, Philip, Grant and the women whose names I don't even know.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 8:04 pm

I'm ready for some good game play. stir the pot I'm tired of this smug dictatorship attitude. Rob acts like the King, Grant like his Knight, & Phillip's the court Jester - one of them needs to go. When will the next player from redemption island return?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 8:41 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:

and the fact that he messed up the most popular quote from an awesome movie makes me not like him anymore. Phillip it's "You can't HANDLE the truth"
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 8:42 pm

I know, how is it even possible to mess up that quote? He should have to go to Redemption Island just for that
roll on floor laughi

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 8:46 pm

Here's how i see the rest of the season going, next week's show starts with an RI comp with Ralph Matt Steve and Mike with two winners and two losers going to the jury i think the winners will be Mike and Matt then if Andria doesn't win she will be sent to RI by a 5 - 1 vote, Next show starting on RI with Andria Matt and Mike with Mike and Matt winning sending Andria to the jury and if Ashley doesn't win immunity she will be sent to RI by a 4 - 1 vote, Next show starting on RI with Ashley Matt and Mike with Ashley and Mike winning putting Matt out of his misery and sending him to the jury and if Natalie doesn't win immunity she will be voted out by a 3 - 1 vote. Next show starting on RI i think this will be the last RI challenge with just one winner and two losers i think Ashley will win sending Mike and Natalie to the jury and then Ashley will be sent back into the game to compete in the last immunity challenge and if she doesn't win she will be voted out by a 3 - 1 vote but if she wins immunity Rob or Grant will be voted out and the jury will vote for grant or Ashley to win but maybe the jury will be bitter and vote for Philip or as Ralph spells it Phile but if Ashley doesn't win immunity and the final 3 are grant Rob and Philip Rob will get the jury vote winning the game
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 9:22 pm

I'm sooooo over Matt.

I'd really like to know what everyone is planning on doing now. Do they all think they're going to the end with Rob? Are they just waiting to take him out? They haven't showed their thought processes at all on the show.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 9:28 pm

London wrote:
I'm sooooo over Matt.

I'd really like to know what everyone is planning on doing now. Do they all think they're going to the end with Rob? Are they just waiting to take him out? They haven't showed their thought processes at all on the show.

I am not entirely sure that they have thought processes.

I have a hard time with people bringing God into game shows. I am such a recovering Catholic.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 9:51 pm

i can't be mad at just matt for bringing God into the game, apparently Rob is a god to the other contestants and they worship him as much as matt does his God...
and i use to think it was the girls were leading the worshipers but i think grant is in front of that pack
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 9:53 pm

bergen wrote:
i can't be mad at just matt for bringing God into the game, apparently Rob is a god to the other contestants and they worship him as much as matt does his God...
and i use to think it was the girls were leading the worshipers but i think grant is in front of that pack

Spoiler:

^^^^This will probably get deleted^^^^ Smile

Last edited by scottep_32 on April 27th 2011, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 9:56 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
bergen wrote:

Spoiler:

whatever your beliefs, rob is not worth worshiping they way they do on this show
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 11:02 pm

they are a bunch of idiots, and as for Matt bringing "god" into the game, it is who he is...whether you believe in it or not he does and he is being who he is...it is like saying O can't believe Jeff Varner brought "gay" into the game with him, or I get annoyed that jerry brought "bitch" into the game...(on her first time)..how about " It annoys me that rob brought his zombie mind control powder into the game" or really that everyone left their brains out of the game

I hope by reunion everyone will realize what drivels they are.

I did not like matt to begin with, I do feel bad for him and I think as dumb as I thought Ralph was he probably said the smartest thing anyone has said on this season "good news" for their old tribe, if anyone can make it to the finals other than zap, they will win. My guess is redemption winner will go to final 3, that is really the only way it would make any sense, they had to have know whoever left and came back would get voted off again if not.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 11:16 pm

Is it Robs fault his peeps are keeping him? Further, I don't see anyone even questioning or wondering where the Idol is? You can not blame Rob for that.

I have been watching the Zaps self destruct week after week. None of them made any attempt initially to to step up. They voted out the best too early (pre-merge). Further, i was all about Julie, until she became Bitter Jeewls, Hiding someones clothes in a tantrum fit would have been cool, except she admitted doing it....HELLO! Your gone.

I was hoping that Andrea would have gone this week at the second vote, but its game on now.

I am still looking forward to the next episode, and I hope Rob stays, he has earned his place so far.

I suppose Matt will win the whole game....based upon a little bit of gut feeling and the high amount of editing he is getting. When you think about it, he has had it fairly "easy" on the island, doesn't have to worry about the social game, just concentrate on the duels. The whole reason Matt was sent to the Island was his likability. Nobody wanted to compete with that.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 27th 2011, 11:25 pm

bergen wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
bergen wrote:

Spoiler:

whatever your beliefs, rob is not worth worshiping they way they do on this show

I don't see worship. They're in an alliance with him and so far it is working for them. I think they like Rob. Personality wise they get along with him and trust him because they haven't been burned by him. Up until now there was no reason to get rid of Rob. I'm just waiting to see when RI ends and who comes back in the game. IMO that person will have an impact by getting the girls together to take out Rob and Grant.

I think a lot of this worship stuff is because of the edit. We never get to see what they are thinking.

ETA
Quote :
I suppose Matt will win the whole game....based upon a little bit of gut feeling and the high amount of editing he is getting. When you think about it, he has had it fairly "easy" on the island, doesn't have to worry about the social game, just concentrate on the duels. The whole reason Matt was sent to the Island was his likability. Nobody wanted to compete with that.

I could easily see that happening and I wouldn't be happy if he won. I like Matt, he is a good guy. I don't care what he says about his religion or how many times he brings God into the game. BUT he hasn't been playing the game. Almost the entire season he has been alone. IMO, he got to miss out on two of the hardest parts of survivor, the social game and how paranoid the game makes you. I can't take away how much heart he has put into the duels but I would feel like something is missing if he won.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 28th 2011, 12:15 am

Peaches wrote:

I could easily see that happening and I wouldn't be happy if he won. I like Matt, he is a good guy. I don't care what he says about his religion or how many times he brings God into the game. BUT he hasn't been playing the game. Almost the entire season he has been alone. IMO, he got to miss out on two of the hardest parts of survivor, the social game and how paranoid the game makes you. I can't take away how much heart he has put into the duels but I would feel like something is missing if he won.
but every member of the jury has spent time with him, on redemption island,i want him to win at this point honestly No one else seems to be playing but rob and well He was my fave all time until this season, I just hate an autocratic society.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 28th 2011, 12:21 am

Rallen I hear ya...however, I bet if Rob had the time alone with those jury people...he would win them over too Smile Hes a dangerous guy....there is a reason his alliance is dance his dance. They all feel Rob is being straight up with them. He is that good.

Plus I think they all know Rob will not win jury. or at least hope he won't. In that way of thinking, Phillip is the only one who admits he is playing for finals...hate me please! I can never win strategy.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 28th 2011, 12:53 am

rallen wrote:
Peaches wrote:

but every member of the jury has spent time with him, on redemption island,i want him to win at this point honestly No one else seems to be playing but rob and well He was my fave all time until this season, I just hate an autocratic society.

That is true, but he never really has to get his hands dirty. He can say he never burned any of the Zap tribe. He never has to make a vote against them. He isn't voting anyone off, there are no hard feelings toward Matt like there would be toward someone else who cast a vote. I think its easier for him to be so friendly with the people who are voted onto RI because of that fact. Matt will have the luxury of having a jury with most of the people on it he never had to make a choice against. I know there are advantages and disadvantages for Matt being stuck on RI this long, there is just something that irks me about it.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 28th 2011, 5:47 am

I love all the controversy Rob brings to the game... from a fans perspective.

I also love Rob even when arrogant because it's part of his game. He's doing it for the camera and the game. He's become a very savvy personality.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   April 28th 2011, 6:03 am

I sooo love Rob and your right Lala its not Rob's fault they haven't voted him out yet, wth are they thinking? Not that I'm not happy about it. I'm betting Matt comes back and gets Rob out final 5, that's my prediction. Not sure that I'd want Matt to win it all though because like you said Peaches he hasn't had to play the entire "game" yes he's talked with all the jury however they are pissed off at that point and he hasn't had to get his hands dirty at all. Zap made the biggest mistake of all and that is throwing that challenge it was downhill from there, not that I mind though. Twisted Evil

I'm also loving Grant and he is a hell of a competitor as well!!! Why aren't they thinking of getting him off as well?? Natalie is the only girl I think that will stay with Rob until she can't any longer.

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"   

Back to top Go down

Redemption Island Episode 11 "Mystery Package"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: