View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 1:34 pm

One alliance's supply of rice becomes contaminated, which leads to a heated argument. Meanwhile, Matt, Mike and David duel on Redemption Island, with the loser becoming the first member of the jury.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 1:45 pm

So it is a 9 man jury and 3 finals.

I like the old days when it was a 7 man jury and 2 finals.

I predict David, Grant and Natalie as final three.

Now if Rob had the luck of an elephant with his trunk up covered in 4 leaf clovers wearing 4 horseshoes then he would win if he made final 3!
But he ain't that lucky!...damn!!

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 1:56 pm

so 3 man duel, 1 loser goes to trjury, and 2 go back in game???
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 1:58 pm

bergen wrote:
so 3 man duel, 1 loser goes to trjury, and 2 go back in game???

I am not sure, Bergen.
I would think that is the case but they will probably vote someone out this week and there will be another 3 man duel.

I wish the RI ended when Matt got back on the island...the RI is dragging out too long for me.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 2:05 pm

I think the two losers of the RI comp will miss the jury of 7. There's only a few episodes left and they can't lose zero players last episode and only one player this episode, or else the pre-finale episode will have to be a quintuple boot.

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 2:09 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
I think the two losers of the RI comp will miss the jury of 7. There's only a few episodes left and they can't lose zero players last episode and only one player this episode, or else the pre-finale episode will have to be a quintuple boot.

Is the jury going to be 7 or 9?
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 2:20 pm

I call BS if two people go back and enter the game.

Quote :
I wish the RI ended when Matt got back on the island...the RI is dragging out too long for me.

THIS!
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 3:10 pm

Maybe Redemption Island will continue with 3-person duels for a while. Loser goes to the jury while two remaining are joined by the person voted out this week and there is another 3 man duel next week.

I am thinking they want to give Rob the best chance possible of making final 3 (and this holds for Russell too if he had made it that far). Obviously, Rob's best chance of making final 3 is never being voted out. But if he is voted out, thes best chance is to keep winning at Redemption Island and get back in the game at final 3.

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 3:22 pm

jfan wrote:
Maybe Redemption Island will continue with 3-person duels for a while. Loser goes to the jury while two remaining are joined by the person voted out this week and there is another 3 man duel next week.

I am thinking they want to give Rob the best chance possible of making final 3 (and this holds for Russell too if he had made it that far). Obviously, Rob's best chance of making final 3 is never being voted out. But if he is voted out, thes best chance is to keep winning at Redemption Island and get back in the game at final 3.

Jfan, if RI goes any longer than this week I am going to pull my hair out.
lol!

I liked it at first but now it is getting old to me.

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 4:18 pm

RI pre-merge was fun and exciting but now post-merge if it doesn't end Wednesday it will be used in an obvious attempt IMO to keep Boston rob around until the end
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 8:39 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
RI pre-merge was fun and exciting but now post-merge if it doesn't end Wednesday it will be used in an obvious attempt IMO to keep Boston rob around until the end

I don't think the Survivor producers would interfere with the game.
They've always let the game play itself out ...I do think BB and other reality shows have a little interference with the game but definitely not Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 8:40 pm

I think this whole Redemption Island thing is a crock, even though I have rooted for Matt to win the duel each week. It just goes against everything Survivor has been about. Once that torch is snuffed, that should be it, as it has been in the past. Makes a mockery of the whole "fire represents life", and as long as you have fire, you have life in this game thing Jeff has spouted for years. I didn't like the Outcast twist when they let Lil back in the game, and I don't like this twist. But I love Survivor, and as long as they keep putting the shows on the air, I'll keep watching, even with their sucky twists.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 9:35 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

They've always let the game play itself out ...I do think BB and other reality shows have a little interference with the game but definitely not Survivor.

I agree Moe I don't think that Survivor is keeping RI just so Rob gets another chance if/when he gets voted out....yes I'm being optimistic.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 18th 2011, 11:08 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

Pretty much every reality show, including Survivor, has some producer shenanigans. It's just different levels of shenanigans. BB is the worst in terms of 'rigging'. TAR and Survivor have less manipulation, but it's still there.

The finale is on May 15 (2 hours). So we have four hour long episodes left (Apr 20, Apr 27, May 4, May 11). If the next episode only eliminates one player from the RI camp, then we will have 11 players to whittle down to a F3. Even if the finale starts with 5, plus one RI player, that means that five players have to be (a) voted out and (b) lose at RI, all in three episodes. The logistics are pretty much impossible.

Here's what I think might happen :

Apr20 - three way RI comp, winner stays on RI and is guaranteed jury, the two losers are the last pre-jury players and go to Ponderosa. So we would have a F3 and a jury of 7. Another player is booted from the tribe and sent to RI.

Apr27 - RC (family visit), IC/TC leaving three on RI and a tribe of 7.

May4 - three-way RI comp, winner stays on RI, the two losers are jurors 1&2, IC/TC another is sent to RI and a tribe of 6.

May11 - IC/TC, boot one player to RI, leaving tribe of 5, then three-way RI comp, two more jurors (3&4) and one player still on RI.

May15 finale - IC/TC, boot one player to RI, last duel at RI, loser is juror 5, winner goes back into game, IC/TC juror 6, IC/TC juror 7, F3.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:10 pm

BostonRob
Countdown to crispy rice! Can't wait.
6 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:23 pm

JeffProbst
#survivor A to Q - re tribal votes. I go look at them and put them in the most dramatic order. So I do know who is going home as I walk...
4 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:36 pm

Where's Wilde? ROB WON IMMUNITY! happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
luvmynewf
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:38 pm

Lunatic lol! Phillip hitthefan
Don't these people have to take some type of psych evaluations lol!

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:44 pm

How could she even touch them let alone bury them Shocked
Back to top Go down
luvmynewf
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:48 pm

Mappy wrote:
How could she even touch them let alone bury them Shocked

roll on floor laughi

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:56 pm

Whoa! Totally did not expect that vote!
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:57 pm

Does this mean Phillip will be in his pink undies from now on?

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 7:58 pm

"Guess you'll never find your shorts" happy dance 2 Yeah Julie! Although I didn't want her to go. And on the other hand how are we to 'survive' watching Philip in pink undies. ARRRG

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 8:04 pm

Peaches wrote:
Where's Wilde? ROB WON IMMUNITY! happy dance 2

I am here, Amy, before the competition Den said "Rob got this in the bag"...and he did!! dance

I am still in shock over Phillip???...what the heck was that stunt??????????????
Cripes, talk about craziness!!
And what is with next week...Matt crying saying God is carrying him?
Cripes, the kid is on the island in a little dry hut with a blanket and fire...what is he crying about?
Being lonely??...he has company every two days and there are cameramen with him.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 8:09 pm

Ok, now that I am over the shock of tonight's show...how come they voted out Julie?
I thought for sure it would be Ralph.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 8:10 pm

jfan wrote:

Good call jfan!

Good show, Phillip is a nut (and I don't mean that in a prejudice way lol). I love him though, he's the entire show. The others are a bunch of duds. As long as he is on everyone's radar, it's smart for Rob to keep him around. There hasn't been any talk about getting Rob out that they've showed us. This is crazy IMO.

lol! Mappy, I know gross.

The coming attractions show Phillip with his feet up on a big rock, I wonder if that was the rock that his swim trunks were buried under.

I know Wilde, Matt is losing it, that was very uncomfortable to watch.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 8:16 pm

Jack'd, when Phillip goes I think the rest of the show will be a tad boring with NO drama!!
He really is making this a huge drama-filled, crazy season!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 9:20 pm

Some of Jeff's tweets from tonight -

Strange that he would answer this one considering we don't know the end game -

JeffProbst
100% agreed. RT @mcswiss01: @JeffProbst You have to think Rob has to be the best player to never have won the whole thing.

Regarding Immunity Challenge -

JeffProbst
#survivor Steve was literally one second behind. One second.

JeffProbst
#survivor A to Q - nobody asked but my two cents - Sandra won twice but is not the best player. I'd put Parvati and Rob ahead of her.

JeffProbst
#survivor A to Q - tribe names are always based on local words/meanings... A to Q - cameramen do not talk to Survivors

Funny tweets regarding Phillip's buried short -

JeffProbst
#survivor Now this is just downright cold blooded. They have so little in the way of clothing.

Jeff Probst JeffProbst
#survivor do you think that was an appropriate thing to do?

JeffProbst
#survivor I'm shocked you guys think that is funny. I really am. I'm out of touch.

Regarding Tribal -

JeffProbst
#survivor There was a lot of tension but in the end I felt that both men understood each other and felt "heard" - that's what was most impt
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 9:31 pm

just realized my avi is very appropriate for this season of survivor...i mean those damm frogs get more air time then most of the survivors.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 11:09 pm

i'm getting tired of Phillip he needs to go soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 11:27 pm

It really has become the Rob and Phil show. They never show anyone else. I'm ready for Phil to leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 20th 2011, 11:57 pm

Quote :

JeffProbst
100% agreed. RT @mcswiss01: @JeffProbst You have to think Rob has to be the best player to never have won the whole thing.

Either he let it slip about Rob not winning this season or he is trying to throw fans off from knowing Rob did win.

Is Jeff that calculated when answering these type of questions?

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 12:14 am

scottep_32 wrote:

Great. At the rate they're eliminating players to the jury, I expect one final giant "duel" with five or six competitors on RI, and the winner goes back in the game at F4. Crapshoot City.

Anyone else getting tired of St. Matthew of Repetitively Annoying Edits ???

I don't think the players not named Rob or Phillip are 'duds', I think they are getting the shaft by the editing team. Just like most of the Samoa Galu tribe and just like many of the players in S21. Phillip's antics might be mildly entertaining but he is being shoved down the viewers throats - too much of a good thing. Same with Hantz in S19 Samoa - a villain ruined by the editing team by being shoved down our throats, to the detriment of the other players.

We have had Sugar and Coach and Hantz and NaOnka and Phillip and other insane 'characters' dominating the last several seasons and sucking up a tonne of airtime. I anticipate that we'll get three or four 'characters' competing for all the airtime in the next season of Survivor. #Godhelpusall

Back to top Go down
luvmynewf
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 5:04 am

I'm ready to see Phillip leave. He's irritating the crap out of me. With all Phillip's antics we're not really getting to see any devious game playing. The other players aren't getting chances to show if they have any survivor talent. There has to be some other strategies & alliances going on with other players we're not seeing. I'd like to be surprised with someone else having back bone we're not seeing. stir the pot

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 5:06 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

JeffProbst

Either he let it slip about Rob not winning this season or he is trying to throw fans off from knowing Rob did win.

Happy, I think it was a slip for sure because I don't think Jeff is that calculated.
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 5:51 am

Wildebeest wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

JeffProbst

Happy, I think it was a slip for sure because I don't think Jeff is that calculated.

Do you think staff is with Jeff? I, for some reason, think that Mark Burnett is not willing to risk his finale over a tweet. Do you think Jeff was just speaking in the present?
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 6:38 am

I seriously doubt that Jeff would even slip about it.....could be up til now Rob's the best player to never have won.

OMG if I have to watch Philip in his pink panties for the rest of the season I may just have to poke my eyes out with sticks. I did have to laugh though when Julie took them! And WTF Philip and the racial stuff, and the look on Rob and Grant's face when he said it. Philip is getting on my last damn nerve now and wish he would go however I know he's a ratings grabber that's for sure. Hell I think he gets more screen time than Rob!

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    April 21st 2011, 7:46 am

memphisbelle wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

JeffProbst

Do you think staff is with Jeff? I, for some reason, think that Mark Burnett is not willing to risk his finale over a tweet. Do you think Jeff was just speaking in the present?

I don't know if someone is with him, Memphis.
Jeff could have been speaking in the present but I get the feeling he was talking about all past seasons and this season ...he would know Rob doesn't win because he would know who is in the final three.
I love Rob so I would love if Jeff is throwing off the fans...but my instincts tell me he isn't and it was a genuine slip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10    

Back to top Go down

Redemption Island "Rice Wars" Episode 10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: