View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12117
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 10:16 am

Moody wrote:
That episode was odd, two episodes in one. At 8:30 I was like, "what, it's over?" then it started again with another "episode".

Phillip is acting for sure. He and Rob get all the air time, so I don't know the other players well enough to figure out how I feel about them. I do know that right now it's reminding me of Big Brother, when there are two sides and one side is taking out the other one by one.

I knew a girl would win the hanging thing, especially when they went to legs only. Women are better at that stuff. Dave did an admirable job, he is growing on me.

Ralph is gross and dumb.

I wish we had spoilers SO BADLY!!!

London wrote:
I know Moody, I don't know what they're going to do if Rob and Phillip leave because they're the only ones narrating. When Natalie won immunity last week I had no idea who she was or what tribe she was on.

It's getting boring with Rob running things so strongly. I need a mix up!

I agree on all counts. This is the first Survivor that I've contemplated not watching. Embarassed Shocked
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 10:33 am

I think it's a great season.The show is keeping everyone on their toes.I also think
that the girls are smarter than they look and have their own plan.Rob's Harem
might come back and bite him in his butt.Rob starting to remind me of Russell with the girls following his every lead.I love Rob too and it been fun watching him play his game again.Also at the end lat night when they showed Matt,he looks beaten out some what.Can't wait to see who win's out of the 3 at Redemption Island next week.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 10:41 am

Wildebeest wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

Next week is when Rob gets the blindside (that is my bet).

I loved this episode, it made me laugh quite a few times!

Please Buddha let this happen.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 10:44 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
London wrote:
I know Moody, I don't know what they're going to do if Rob and Phillip leave because they're the only ones narrating. When Natalie won immunity last week I had no idea who she was or what tribe she was on.

I think Natalie is going to do better when they finally decide to get rid of the men.
I wouldn't surprise me to find that the final three are all girls

Jeff has been talking her up since his first episode blog of the season even though she's been nearly invisible until recently. I bet she made the finals.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 10:50 am

Wildebeest wrote:
A Jeff tweet!
Dat's right, Jeff, you yell it to the Twitter world!!
:lol!:

#survivor LIke him or not, Rob is playing better than anyone has ever played. Ever.
about 2 hours ago via HootSuite

Eww. Rob's playing well because everyone else is playing timid. Anyone can play a good game when you have Phillip distracting the tribe with his crazy talk and Grant as your physical challenge muscle.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 11:55 am

Last night's episode was hilarious......I love Rob and this was vintage Rob, the one thing I like about Rob last night even though he seems in control he is allowing the 6 to think that he has their best interest at heart, he ask for their opinion on who they should vote out and they all come to an agreement....So it doesn't seem to them that he is in control to them it seems like a group effort, we only get to hear what he is thinking in PIs but the tribe feels that they are a team and that's what you call good game play.....Unlike Russell he doesn't berate......

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 11:59 am

mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
A Jeff tweet!
Dat's right, Jeff, you yell it to the Twitter world!!
lol!

#survivor LIke him or not, Rob is playing better than anyone has ever played. Ever.
about 2 hours ago via HootSuite

Eww. Rob's playing well because everyone else is playing timid. Anyone can play a good game when you have Phillip distracting the tribe with his crazy talk and Grant as your physical challenge muscle.

Rob has been playing well because he can make smart, competitive people appear timid and clueless. Very Happy
I don't think Jeff and the producers would pick one timid person to be on their show never mind a whole tribe of timid people.
Like Jeff stated... you can hate Rob but there isn't anyone that has played a better game. You don't have to win the top prize to be a great player!

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 12:19 pm

my question is why do they NEVER interview any of Rob's team except Rob & phillip? That's why I'm still not 100% convinced about the grils being smart and going on to win, I would think there would be some kind of camera time with their thoughts and ideas.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 12:21 pm

my fav part from ew.com's recap...

And make no mistake, Rob tells her exactly what to do. Heck, she'd probably even stop plucking her body hair if Rob told her to. But why would he do that? That's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as forbidding starving people to eat freshly caught fish.

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 12:31 pm

bergen wrote:
my fav part from ew.comcom's recap...

And make no mistake, Rob tells her exactly what to do. Heck, she'd probably even stop plucking her body hair if Rob told her to. But why would he do that? That's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as forbidding starving people to eat freshly caught fish.

That fish definitely wasn't fresh
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 12:43 pm

bergen wrote:
my fav part from ew.com's recap...

Bergen, all the fish were dead with rigamortis already set in. pale
Who knows how long they were sitting in that net on the beach?

I would have just eaten rice too lol! ..but then again I am a FUSSY, PICKY eater!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 1:00 pm

i thought that it was pretty much that rob just said that so his team wouldn't eat to with the other team?
fresh or not, no one died, so for starving contestants those fish were like a steak dinner

Last edited by bergen on April 14th 2011, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 1:05 pm

bergen wrote:
i thought the other team said rob just said that so his other team wouldn't eat with them?
and anyway, fresh or not no one died so for starving contestants those fish were like a steak dinner

That is what the other team said, but didn't you see them pick up the fish and they were stiff as a board?
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 1:12 pm

i know nothing about fish and would actaully die on survivor because i eat no seafood at all so I didn't see the stiffness or not but I just figured they ate them and were ok...i don't put it past rob to tell his team not to eat something the other team found
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 1:17 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
bergen wrote:
i thought the other team said rob just said that so his other team wouldn't eat with them?
and anyway, fresh or not no one died so for starving contestants those fish were like a steak dinner

That is what the other team said, but didn't you see them pick up the fish and they were stiff as a board?

I don't think Rob forced them not to eat the fish. Even starving I don't think I would have eaten that fish that had been laying out on the beach caught in a net on the sand in the sun dying. "Fresh" fish is caught and generally kept alive in water prior to eating it. Once it does die, it is kept very cold so that the obvious decompositon is slowed down or halted. We have a "food standard" in America and our bodies have become used to that standard - in the environment that is Survivor, I am really surprised that not more of them get sick. Between the water supply that they are drinking from and the food choices that they often make. I hope those that ate the fish did not get sick but I would imagine they had some kind of gastro reaction to eating that fish.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 1:19 pm

bergen wrote:
i know nothing about fish and would actaully die on survivor because i eat no seafood at all so I didn't see the stiffness or not but I just figured they ate them and were ok...i don't put it past rob to tell his team not to eat something the other team found

I would die too, Bergen, I can eat some fish but there is NO WAY I could eat fish if it wasn't totally deboned, skinned and cleaned properly and sitting on a china plate with rice. lol!
Seriously, if I order baked haddock in a restaurant and I get the teeniest, tiniest bone in it...that is it!...I am done and will just eat the salad and rolls!!
There is something about fish bones that gets me all freaked out!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14892
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 4:24 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
London wrote:

I think Natalie is going to do better when they finally decide to get rid of the men.

Gosh I hope so! I'm rooting for Andrea.

Oh, and fuck Rob, I would have eaten fish if I was hungry. what the f* was that all about.

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 5:24 pm

catty wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
London wrote:

Gosh I hope so! I'm rooting for Andrea.

Oh, and fuck Rob, I would have eaten fish if I was hungry. what the f* was that all about.

I love when you get riled up and swear, Catty!!!! lol!
To be honest, I think this is the very first time I have seen you swear in 4 years!!
I am gigglin' like a fool too!

Thank goodness Rob doesn't have a shot of winning because if he did, ...you would be swearing for weeks on end!! lol!
((((((((((((((((Catty)))))))))))))))) xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 5:38 pm

lol! Moe, my nephew laughs too when I swear. Don't worry he's 20, but I think he's surprised when I do because I usually don't, unless something annoys me. And they annoyed me last night. The whole eating at different times, sleeping separately, having a buddy with you...some at ju have said they are the new nerd herd. Not sure I agree or disagree, but I do think Julie was right in saying it was like a cult. So weird.

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 5:43 pm

catty wrote:
lol! Moe, my nephew laughs too when I swear. Don't worry he's 20, but I think he's surprised when I do because I usually don't, unless something annoys me. And they annoyed me last night. The whole eating at different times, sleeping separately, having a buddy with you...some at ju have said they are the new nerd herd. Not sure I agree or disagree, but I do think Julie was right in saying it was like a cult. So weird.

I like when Julie said he was like their PRISON GUARD!!...I got laughing so freaken hard because it was not only funny, it was TRUE!!

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 5:56 pm

Well I hope Julie's comments make a few of them wake up and get Rob out because they are starting to look foolish. Or maybe they do talk about it, but CBS doesn't show it.

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 6:10 pm

Off the wall... every time I read 'Julie's comments' I think of Chenbot lol!
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 6:12 pm

Mappy wrote:
Off the wall... every time I read 'Julie's comments' I think of Chenbot lol!

I thought the same thing. I haven't watched the episode yet (hoping to tonight) but I was wondering how she got involved? lol!
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 6:16 pm

I don't quite understand why anyone would want Rob's team to get rid of him now, there is too much game left....If I was on Rob's team I would do exactly what they are doing, until it's down to the final 6 then take him down...Zap has 3 more members to go all of them are capable of going on an immunity run, O's goal is to have all of the Zap's on the jury because if one of them make it to the finals they would win....

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 7:18 pm

nov1962 wrote:
I don't quite understand why anyone would want Rob's team to get rid of him now, there is too much game left....If I was on Rob's team I would do exactly what they are doing, until it's down to the final 6 then take him down...Zap has 3 more members to go all of them are capable of going on an immunity run, O's goal is to have all of the Zap's on the jury because if one of them make it to the finals they would win....

nov, that's what i am thinking the girls are doing...i just wish that there were some interviews of what exactly is going on in their heads, their stategizing thoughts you know what i mean? I understand it might be some editing going on but it's just so odd to not hear at all what is going through their heads
Back to top Go down
kayfled

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 7:47 pm

bergen wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

nov, that's what i am thinking the girls are doing...i just wish that there were some interviews of what exactly is going on in their heads, their stategizing thoughts you know what i mean? I understand it might be some editing going on but it's just so odd to not hear at all what is going through their heads

it doesn't sound like they are turning on rob and or thinking that far ahead

Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/kayfled
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 8:35 pm

Well now I can see why Phillip and Rob are getting more airtime...three cute girls but they are sort of boring and not very animated while talking to the camera.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 8:54 pm

thanks for bringing them over...maybe i am wrong
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 8:57 pm

nov1962 wrote:

ITA

There isn't a reason to get rid of Rob right now. I would love to see final three Rob, Phillip, and Natalie. I doubt it will happen but I can hope. Very Happy

I'm wondering when does Redemption Island end? I'm over it. I hope Mike, Matt, and David battle it out and the jury starts.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 9:00 pm

Peaches wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

ITA

There isn't a reason to get rid of Rob right now. I would love to see final three Rob, Phillip, and Natalie. I doubt it will happen but I can hope. Very Happy

I'm wondering when does Redemption Island end? I'm over it. I hope Mike, Matt, and David battle it out and the jury starts.

Do you think there could be a three-way battle and only one goes back and that is the end of RI?
I hope so...and I really hope David wins the battle.
I like the guy...he is playing the game and he isn't wishy-washy!
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 9:05 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Peaches wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

ITA

Do you think there could be a three-way battle and only one goes back and that is the end of RI?
I hope so...and I really hope David wins the battle.
I like the guy...he is playing the game and he isn't wishy-washy!

That is what I was thinking and I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 9:30 pm

bergen wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

I HOPE that is what they are doing. Building up Rob for a huge fall.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 14th 2011, 11:06 pm

Jeff said the next TC is one of the most memorable ever. The only thing I could think of is if they completely blindside Rob. They've been building up Rob so much, making it seem like he has complete and total control over the game....I keep thinking it is just a build up to see him fall and fall hard.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 15th 2011, 5:34 am

Peaches wrote:
Jeff said the next TC is one of the most memorable ever. The only thing I could think of is if they completely blindside Rob. They've been building up Rob so much, making it seem like he has complete and total control over the game....I keep thinking it is just a build up to see him fall and fall hard.

I think your guess is spot on, Peaches...it is gonna be a bummer that he doesn't make it to jury, but we all knew he wouldn't make it to the end.
That target was just too huge!

I am surprised that most of his followers on Twitter actually think he is going to win.
And I thought I was daffy!! lol!
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 15th 2011, 10:49 pm

Peaches wrote:

I sure hope you are right but I have my doubts since his followers have seemed so dumb and cult-like so far, rather than purposefully and strategically building upon his already massive ego in order to take him down. But a girl can hope.....

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 16th 2011, 8:18 pm

bergen wrote:
nov1962 wrote:

The Omes are playing the game correctly - gain the numbers advantage and then decimate the other tribe. It may be boring as hell but you cannot risk a straggler making it to the end - otherwise you get Vanuatu Chris and Guatemala Danni and Gabon Bob.

The Zaps refused to strategize with Krista and Stephenie and just booted them out. Now the Zaps are getting the same treatment - it's karma.

It doesn't matter what Nat and Ash and Grant are doing, they are just getting ignored because of the two-headed airtime beast known as BostonPhil. Andrea got a little with her dalliance with Matt, but now she's just one of the Three Degrees. When will we see her again?

I think we'll get a WTF? winner this season. The winner will get the first question or two at the reunion, and then will be ignored while Rob and Phillip and Hantz get the remaining airtime.

Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 16th 2011, 8:20 pm

Thanks to Dreamer on JU.

Three way duel! I think David or Mike win this one. Do you think the two that don't win are out of the game?
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 16th 2011, 8:24 pm

I think Matt will win the duel I hope David will win but, I doubt it...

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   April 16th 2011, 8:43 pm

i think David wins the RI comp.

PostSubject: Re: April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"   

Back to top Go down

April 13 - Episode Nine: "The Buddy System"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: